1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How would you rate your basic 6 abilities ?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Shadow Cougar, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Shadow Cougar Banned

That is, ignoring the fact that every normal human has everything 10-11. Imagine yourself as a hero ( powered version of yourself ) and raise stats, but not over 20. Just 6 abilities, Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis and Cha, no need for other stuff. ^.^

2. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ok so from that I understand you mean making one of your stats (the primary one) 18-20, and the rest according to what they would relative to your primary stat?

If so, then considering my condition is real bad atm (after not being able to jog at all because of all the rain here, I hurt my ankle badly over a month back, and I now am at least 15kg overweight) mine would be about the following:

Str - 16
    Dex - 13
    Con - 14
    Wis - 17
    Int - 15
    Cha - 13

I do want to point out, however, that those are my stats should I be a hero as I am. I'm around 10-15 points total below those figures.

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Ah ... for me i'd say:

Str - 13
    Dex - 15
    Con - 14
    Wis - 10
    Int - 17
    Cha - 15

Yeah thats about right I think

4. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Damn man, you guys really think highly of yourselves...

I'd say I was something like this:

Str: 12-14
    Dex: 11-13
    Con: 'Round 10
    Wis: 'Round 10
    Int: 'bout 14. max 15
    Cha: 14 max 15-16

And that's actually quite high scores for a normal D&D character...

5. Serpent Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well, imagining i'm a hero, my stats would be something like that:
    str: 8
    dex: 9
    con: 10
    wis: 17
    int: 18
    cha: 9

I'm a geek, i know :p

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Of course! We're heroes that will change the world :D

7. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I'd say I'd be forabout the following, if I'd be a boosted me.
    Because I enjoy talking about myself, I'll also add explanation
    Str: 9 - I'm not very strong, but I can boost myself to prestate if I want/need to.
    Dex: 6-7 - I'm rather clumsy, I trip over stuff, and generally am not very dexterious.
    Con: 8-9 - I smoke hard and don't work out much, but somehow I can still hold my own through inner focus or somesuch.
    Wis: 16 - I enjoy, and am fairly adept at, if I do say so myself, philosophical theological and scientific debate. I enjoy and frequently engage in intellectual discussion with my friends.
    Int: 18 or higher - I've skipped three years in school and I've had my IQ medically tested, the outcome of the test was 164.
    Cha: unsure of number, maybe 14 - I am not overly handsome or ugly, but I somehow usually get people to see things my way and give me what I want (no not by intimidating into doing my bidding)
    Now this totals to 14+18+16+8.5+6.5+9 = 72.
    I wonder what the usual stats of a D&D character are.
    :borg:

8. Shadow Cougar Banned

I guess it would be unfair if I would not say mine thoughts, would it ?

Str : 15 - I do not look too strong but I am, I can sustain powerful mass, control it, and perform it, I have developed muscles on legs and very strong backs and shoulders, two things that help at substituiton, sustain, holding, cracking, and so forth.

Dex : 12 - I am elegant but not very effective. I keep things going by words. I would not suffer negative modifiers because I can do rather surprising things.

Con : 17 - I am not masively built, but I can suffer alot, hold alot, am ultraresistant to illness, to bacteria, can withstand super hard physical and emotional booms. although...not enough to have +4. ^.^

Int : 20 - I am a follower of logic, I realize and understand everything and usually see far beyond and forward than anyone else. Everything is super clear in my head, I manipulate with every aspect of my life as well as with people in it, I see through, I can argument anything and rather enjoy in intelectual and philosophical converzations. I never lose, I destroy in school, I can convert people and spin psychologists, pedagogues and psychiatrists and other such people around my finger, and a year ago I took an official IQ test and scored 173, which is considered alot. I say this because I am proud of my intelligence and I do not hesitate to look like an egoistic arrogant prick ( common comment after I mention my intellect ).

Wis : 16 - I am wise, that I am, but still I do stupid mistakes and still not experienced enough in life. However, over words, I have an advantage of time so at that matter I know to look like I have 18.

Cha : 20 - I seriously affect everything around drastically, positively and negatively. My personality and charm can shake the strongest fortress, I can make rebellions in a seconds, I am brutally honest and that affects people very much, when you say to them exactly what you think without hesitation. Furthermore, I manipulate with everyone and always attract attention, I am different, so people see me differently. My thoughts, writting, style and original touch bring even more effects. As for look, there spears break as well, one shall consider me cute, the other sexy, third one nothing special, and fourth ugly. I am not fag, just to mention. So, I really affect a hole bunch.

That is 100. That is 16,7....ou...alot...

9. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Okay, considering 10 to be average for a human, I suppose this'd be me:

STR - 12
    DEX - 15
    CON - 12
    INT - 14
    WIS - 15
    CHA - 13

Yes, I consider myself to be better than the average human :p There's a lot of weak, slow, ill, stupid, dumb and weakminded folk out there to drag the average down ;)

10. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Str: 16-17. I'm fairly strong, I weigh just under 200 pinds, and am 5'8", and I work regularly, and play hockey all winter.

Dex: 17. Need to be good, I rarely trip on things, I am flexable, I can touch my palms to the ground without bending my knees.

Con: 14, I have harsh allergies, but I don't get sick easily, I don't smoke, I eat healthy and I stay in shape. My body can handle the majority of what is thrown at it.

Int: 13 If it was pure common sense I'd be alot higher, but the academic side of things gets in the way. I get by, but there are definitly people who are alot smarter than I am

Wis: 18. Damn wise, experienced out the wazoo, I've done alot, I know alot about things, and I am a fountain of random crap

Cha: 16. I make friends easily, and I can pick up girls with some skill. I have no problems in a social scene.

94-95: Seems about right

11. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I think we may not quite be getting this right...
    Considering the way SC portrayed himself, we are probably not inflating ourselves enough...
    I mean, with stats like that, surely he's scheming to take over Microsoft, or at least the world :p .
    Although he could be speaking true, I find it doubtful that anyone can excel in so many things...
    :borg:

12. Shadow Cougar Banned

Yup, BBR, your comment is exactly a typical one, and if you must know...I do plan on changing the world. Aye, I believe that I must use what I became aware of, alright. If I succed in beating a not very nice aspect that fate gave to me, that is... **Pouts**

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I reckon mine would be:
    STR 11 - OK, but not enough to get a bonus
    DEX 10 - good balance but I wouldn't get a bonus on my reflex save
    CON 12 - hardly ever sick, but I bet I wouldn't have that many hit points
    WIS 13 - I reckon I'm reasonably wise and would have an above average Will save
    CHA 10 - no more than average.

Hmm, I wouldn't make much of a power gamer.

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] My greatest asset is my charisma, so:

Str - 3
    Dex - 3
    Con - 3
    Wis - 3
    Int - 3
    Cha - 4

...well, I didn't say it was good, it's just not as pathetic as the other attributes.

:xx:

15. Rednik Gems: 21/31

I'm pretty much a chump in terms of physical attributes, although I can be dexterous at times. My INT would be high, but the rest is not so good. I guess I would make a passable rogue.

Strength-10
    Dexterity-16
    Constitution-12
    Intelligence-17
    Wisdom-10
    Charisma-11

16. nataben1314 Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Am I the only person who generally thinks that when things of this nature (physical and mental ability questions) appear on internet boards, many people grossly exaggerate/lie about their abilities?

me:

Strength: 16- I consider myself to be of above average strength... I have the 2nd highest benchpress in my high school's history so I think that score is justified.

Dexterity: 17- I'm pretty quick on my feet and agile. I run a 40m in 4 seconds flat. I am a black belt in several martial arts.

Constitution: 15- I'm not sure how to judge this one but I never cringe while getting my teeth worked on so I consider this a justifiable score

Intelligence: 28- I recently took an official medical government licensed board certified ultra accurate IQ test and scored a 227, the highest score in world history for someone in my age bracket. I am a national merit scholar, recieved a 1600 on my SAT, I am 16 years old and I hold 3 doctorial degrees in mathematics, astrophysics, and chemistry.

Wisdom: 21- I wrote a book on philosophy, and I write poems in my spare time.

Charisma: 21- Random girls propose to me daily. Basically, everyone does whatever I tell them to do whenever I tell them to do it no matter what.

17. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Mines pretty close. For strength, dexterity, and constitution, I have to be high, during the winter I play hockey 5-6 nights a week. At my job on the press I need to be able to lift 50 pound pails of ink and react quick enough with enough touch sensitivity to fix a problem with a screen or the stock.

My intellegence is right around average. I'm not stupid by any means, but I'm not the smartest guy in the world.

Wisdom, for being 22 I've done way more stuff then a normal 22 year old. I've experience alot ot of life, and I have no reason to slow down.

Charisma, I make friends with ease, I can walk into a room full of strangers and make friends in a few minutes. And with girls I've had a few one night stands, and I've dated way more girls than I should of.

So they might not be the exact stats, but they within 2 or 3 on each one.

18. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Str: 8-10 Don't work out enough.
    Dex: 14-15 Good reflexes and using my hands.
    Con: 12-14 Heal quickly but have allergies.
    Int: 17-18 I have a good IQ and learn quickly.
    Wis: 15-17 This may be high but I'm counting experience which I do learn from.
    Cha: 10 Most people like me but don't love me. I tend to say what I think or else keep my mouth shut.

19. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Str 10 - average but I'm strong for my weight (55kg)
    Dex 17 - this is where I shine, I'm quick, I'm agile, "I can dance upon the head of a pin aswell". I have an uncanny ability to move quickly without making noise and the fact that I touch type all the time shows something about my finger dexterity.
    Con 14 - since I don't own a car, I bus. Since I'm a bit lazy, I sleep in. Since I sleep in, I often have to run to the bus stop.
    Wis 14+ - I learn from mistakes very well and I don't make mistakes in judgement often.
    Int 14+ - Private schooling and my parents sending me to all the 'gifted child' programs and such has granted me a higher than average intelligence.
    Cha 14+ - I'm actually quite a handsome fellow and I get along with everyone I meet unless I choose to not get along with them. I often convince people to do things that they would not have done if not for me.

I'm an alright hero... probably make me a rogue or something.

20. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31

@ Splunge:
    Haha! If there is an example of online charisma then that was it. You're a liar. :)

@ nataben1314:
    This one is not like the other "internet boards" out there. Of course everything should be viewed with some doubt, especially when the people spilling out those facts are not exactly known and trusted members. But ultimately, it's people's own business what they say and what they believe.

I know many here are more intelligent, more respected and more accomplished than I am. But even if someone did say that out straight, reeking of egoism, I don't find myself threatened. We're all equally important on the large scale afterall. Tas of Dragonlance said it best: it's the small things that make the big ones act.

And btw people, this thread was about raising our stats to heroistic proportions. So no more of those modest 10-6-8... heroes anymore eh? Afterall in this proportion, a strength of 8 would be roughly the equivalent of 4 if it were realistic. And I seriously doubt many of us go down to 4 which is closer to something you get as a result of a serious disease, disorder or accident.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.