1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite FR deity

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Takara, Jun 25, 2004.

1. GodRules44 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Lathander, Torm, and of course the ones that opposite the both, cyric and Talos.

2. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Torm. Inspired by Keldorn and the reward/curses he places on his followers for obedience. Only a minor diety but he has such a huge effect on the realms. Gets along well with Helm and Tyr (who is probably the most powerful god next to Ao).

I hate Gruumsh. For being the leader of the Orc Powers he certainly is a cry-baby/b!tch. Doesn't admit he got his ass kicked by Corellon Larethian.

3. Shadow Cougar Banned

Obad Hai. Wise strength is a master...

4. Paine Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Eilistraee, without a doubt. It seems like almost every PnP cleric I roll up follows her. She's just unbelievably cool. A mysterious figure, who chose to personally suffer for her own people (agreeing to banishment), when 99% of them could care less. She is beautiful, selfless, and a beacon of hope. I appreciate her ideals too--that all races can set aside their differences and live in harmony.

BUT I also like that, in spite of this, she's not some milquetoast hippie. She believes in a righteous ass kicking too when needed. :D

Actually, I love the whole Drow pantheon with the exception of Ghaunadaur (slimes are yucky). Vhaeraun is a sneaky bastard, Kiaranaslee is just itching to get out from under Lolth's thumb, and Selvatarm is Lolth's bitch. And of course, there's Lolth herself, the coolest baddie you love to hate in all of roleplaying.

The human FR pantheon bores me to everloving tears--except Loviatar, cause really who can hate a dominatrix?--as do humans in DnD in general. I'm extremely annoyed at the fact that the non-human deities always get short shrift in the books and in the DnD cRPGs.

I have never been satisfied by the deity choices in the cRPGs though. IWD2 got it the best, I think, and even that was lacking.

5. Shadow Cougar Banned

Oh-my-god..I forgot Nerull..

**Bangs with head**

Gosh I'm such an idiot...

6. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

Shadow Cougar: Obad-Hai and Nerull are not FR Deities. They are from the Greyhawk Pantheon, and is not the subject here.

7. Shadow Cougar Banned

**Looking at the topic name not aware of what is Firestorm talking about, confused**

Oooouuuu....I have not seen "FR" at all....Just..."What is your fav diety"....

My serious bad....

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmm... difficult, difficult...

I'd have to say my favorites are Cyriuc and Lolth, but I a sure that those of you who know me could already guess that. :p

Then again, I must agree with Paine on Loviatar... :p

9. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Shadow Cougar, FR is an abbreviation for "Forgotten Realms", as in the campaign setting.

10. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ilmanter: I think he reflects Jesus the most.

Bhaal (R.I.P) and Mystra are in my opinion the coolest..

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Interesting little tidbit to all those who wsay they'd worship Mielikki: The D&D Goddess is a total ripoff of an ancient Finnish goddes/mythological creature... :p

She's even mentioned in our national Epic.... :p

12. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Interesting tidbit on Silvanas: The Roman god Silvanas was believed to, ahem, "have his way with" brides on their wedding night if her husband and family didn't protect her.

What does that say about Jaheira???

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Tempus, Mystra, and Gond for me. Where is 'The Flopish Idiot' when you need a good popularity contest between the gods!?!? :rolling:

14. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mĂȘnu! Veteran

Jaguar: that link doesn't work. :(

I agree with Takara, I like the little folk the best. Dwarves much more than Gnomes, though.

My favorite deity is the dwarven goddess of battle and luck, Haela Brightaxe (similar in concept with Sir Belisarius, just shorter). Although not very powerful, in 3rd edition my favorite character was a Barbarian/Cleric of Haela Brightaxe named Kilona Ziguldun. She was a ton of fun!

15. Dibbley Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Maliki and Helm!! malki because nature rules and helm because the people need protecting!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.