1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Magic Items for lv 1-8 party

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Jaganis, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Jaganis Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

My party consist of:
    A Male Spider Loving Goblin Druid NG (Most likely dead in 15 minuttes, so items arent important here.)
    A Male Assassin NE (Rog 8) that uses a cloak that grants the Non-Detection ability.
    A Female Deamon Hunter (A Deamon Hunter is a mostly like a Ranger, but without spells, and with some few boni versus Fiends.)
    A Male Gnome Burglar, who carries around with him a bag of holding.
    And Firestorms char:
    The Last person still doesnt know what he wants to play but he is most likely will play some fighter type, with a two-handed weapon.

These are my players, They are playing in a mid magic world, that is made by me and Firestorm, and I plan on setting them up against some Greenskins.

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ornamental things, earings sound like a good idea. They put them on and become a beacon for every dragon/demon/whatever in <distance>.

3. Jaganis Gems: 2/31

Well i played with the party yesterday, and it started with the two paladins killing each other, and then it just kept getting worse, we decided not to play and stopped thanks for the answers and attention, now it doesnt really matter any more.

4. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

How the hell do you manage to get two paladins to kill eachother? Sounds like that is good material for this thread! ;)

5. Jaganis Gems: 2/31

It wasnt me that killed them, one paladin goes suicidal because he is pretty much a total powergamer and tries to go fallen, allright i adjust him to a fallen paladin, and then he goes on a rampage and kills every commoner in town, the other paladin tries to stop him, and then they decide to go jump on each others swords.
    I didnt kill them, they killed each other.

6. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

I'd just like to make people aware of the fact that I was not the one who started the fight, I was the one who tried to stop him, but got killed in the process... Bloody awful bastard, 'e was...

[EDIT] ARGH!, minor typo!

7. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Heh, you should've punished the pally for wanting to go fallen by killing all commoners (lemme guess, so he could go for Blackguard?) Not just taking his paladin abilities away, but let's just say that the commoners rallying together with pitchforks lead by every townguard available. That oughta get him running for his hide. In full plate mail probably, against peasants at full speed, charging with pitchforks :p

Sure, they're only peasants but when they see their best friend bob go down, as well as old suzy who always treats their wounds, the sweet kid from around the block, the innkeep as well as the woman you love, they will grab a weapon and charge. Anything varying from a pitchfork to a fryingpan :grin: Give the commoners a barbarian rage ability ;) you can easily justify that by the fact they're really pissed off at you for killing their fellow peasants.

Or sent an avatar of your fallen paladin's former diety down to lay the smackdown on him a bit. This works very good with St.Cuthbert. (retribution) Pelor, Corellon and Heironus would also not appreciate the fallen paladin's actions, and might help the commoners out in their own way. Corellon could shield some of them with protective magic against the fallen paladin's attacks, Pelor could have the sun blind the paladin's eyes, Heironus could bolster their sense for justice and have the commoners capture the fallen paladin and bring him to justice.

Think of that, being captured by commoners. That oughta humiliate him properly ;)

My 2 cp :)

8. Jaganis Gems: 2/31

I see your point Faragon, but the problem is that i let my PC go fallen if the PC wants it, i know the commoners would kill a him for a just cause, but who would in his right mind go up against a seven foot maniac with a greatsword covered in blood? Not me, and the other PC's could have done something if they wanted, five level 8 against one level 8, you do the math, they could kill him with a butter knife, the problem is just that they didnt, they stood and watched while only one (Firestorm) fought the guy, and one of them tried to help, though the PC who went against him said he didnt need help, and so he died, after that the fallen paladin, burned him self in a tavern. So were starting a new game in Forgotten Realms.

BTW i never use Greyhawk, except for Sigil.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.