1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dungeon Master Screen

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Ofelix, Oct 4, 2003.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I know it's usefull for DM, hiding thing to people and so on but I don't want to spend money on more D&D product. So I wonder what REALLY is in this screen so I can make one for myself.

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well, the DM screen has basically every table you need to look up often in a game, which is really handy. I'd say spend the money, it'll be well spent. Unless you know nearly all the tables out of your head, then don't. But somehow, I doubt it :)

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

You could always print out each and every chart on the SRD (although some, such as encoutner tables, would be missing).

4. Ofelix

Media:
    @Faragorn, really? well maybe, It will depend on the price though... more than 15$ isn't worth it...

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

What table is every table?
    I've never heard of this thing before.

6. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Dungeon_Master:
    I think it's very useful when you don't remember something and you need to open the DMG(or the PHB). You have it right in front of you.
    Also there is a booklet inside with all the tables required to create a town and a battle sheet.

I bought it for 16 Euros. I think Dollars and Euros are pretty much the same (they were some time ago, but I'm not sure about now).

7. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I'd say that the DM screen is more a luxury item than a most have. I've played with several different groups for over 15 years and we never used one. Yes, you need to know many of the charts, but the common ones you learn rather quickly and the more rare ones your can look up or wing if necessary. I havd an index of books and page number to find stuff quickly. In addition as the DM you'll have a good idea what tables are going to be used and you can copy then out of the book before hand. You can use a few peaces of cardboard and tape the charts onto them. This will hide your rolls and notes and serve the same perpose for must less money.

8. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have a home-made DM screen made of cardboard. It is 7 or 8 years old. It has all the tables taped on the inside that I need frequently. Most of them I memorized more or less, but I hadn't when I first created the screen. The screen I now mostly for hiding rolls, maps and notes from the players.

9. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Yep, DM screen is mostly luxury. But if you have money to spend, you could buy it. It looks much better (for players) than home-made cardboard screen, because of it's D&D-related art.

10. Ofelix

Media:
    Bah Luxury or not I want this! Too many time I have forgot a table, a rule or someting during a game...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.