1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

If you could live in Faerun, where would you live?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Loerand, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

This is a sort of addition to Kovalis' previous thread about what you would be. So, where would you like to live?

2. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well The Severed Hand of course if not a stupid mage *cough*Orrick*cough* had been playing with mythals :)

But hey Dorn's Deep is still open :D

3. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Evereska. It just sounds so neat, with the mythal and all. And elves, who doesn't like elves? ...don't answer that

4. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

On the road is where I'd live. A traveling paladin-like person, doing the usual stuff, slinging spells, turning transparent with a whooshing sound when I'm being quiet, saving people, killing stuff. And I'd have a pocket plane in my pocket. Just gotta make sure I don't squish it with all my stuff...

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Places to massacre: Evereska, Shadowdale, Silverymoon, Evermeet among others...

Elves must die! And so must good-aligned Chosen!

I'll be the perpetually wandering mercenary warrior. Homes are for the weak of heart. :p

6. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Couldn't bear it.... I don't :D
    Anyway, I would like live in some sort of great wood. Like the wood of the Sharp Teeth or something....

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I'll choose to live in a safe place, thankyouverymuch. Waterdeep or Silverymoon sounds nice.

8. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I truly wonder if streets of a big city is a safe place :confused: For a street sweeper yeah :p :1eye:

I'd just wander around. Nesting when its too cold or too hot in a forest or something, building my little hut to provide some protection for a while. And then i'd move on, just like that possibly not even knowing where.

And i'd carry few potions of invisibility in my pocket all the time. And one of invincibility too :roll:

9. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Probably on the road for a while. Then, like Oaz rightfully said, somewhere safe.

10. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

In a small backwater village, for sure. Far from "civilisation" and -of course- from dangers(goblin/orc tribes etc. etc.)

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

-Singin in a Frank Sinatra voice-
    NEW YORK, NEW YORK!!

Actually, the Ten Towns or Hellgate Keep, a lot of action there.

I wouldn't like to live in Baldur's Gate after me and my friends in our RP group did there last session. :aww:

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Silverymoon, Waterdeep, or Baldur's Gate. All sound like nice enough places, though Baldur's Gate is a bit of a hole.

14. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Evereska, Evermeet or Silverymoon. Maybe even living with the barbarians in the Icewind dale.

15. Kartiel Darkstar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

in a dark corner of the Yuirwood where my magics will never be interupted by you darn humans.

To many days of role palying :bang:

16. Mark Nelson Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

A nice quiet tower in the Unicorn Run sounds like a good place to me. I mean think of it sorceror and sorceress husband and wife = maternal feeling toward all the people in the region. Wife is momma Laeral who mothers everybody and punishes all the bandits in the area by turning them into babys.

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Waterdeep or Menzoberranzan.

Perhaps live in one place, have a summerhome in the other?

18. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I'd live deep in the middle of the biggest frigging forest I could find. I'd have a whole mansion, pretty well, dug into the ground and warded with as many spells as possible to make the thing undetectable. Maybe in the Moonshae Islands or someplace similar.

19. Sendel'ar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I think I'd be living my life as an adventurer, so I would live wherever the adventurers would take me....

Ok, I would live in Baldur's Gate.

20. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Waterdeep, heavan for thieves!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.