1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Gaming Session Time Length

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by RingMaster, Aug 14, 2003.

1. RingMaster Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I was thinking about doing a poll for this but that wouldn't be to accurate. So, instead, how long does your average session of D&D gaming last?
    10pm-5:30am. 7 hours and a half....phew.

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

my usual is.. 3-4 hours

though I've been trying the extreme, once ran a 28 hour long session, lol. I was exhausted after that ;)

3. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Also about 3-4 hours. If we have a bit shorter gaming session, we usually have a drink afterwards, and talk about things that don't have anything to do with D&D, and which we didn't discuss during the game.

4. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Usually 8 hours, with the occasional 12 hour session.

5. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Usually 4-8 hours. Although we've had also 12 hours long game.

6. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

On average between 6 to 10 hours. I figure we lose about 1 hour for start up and food breaks. So call it 5 to 9 hours of quality RP.

7. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

5-7 hours here, but I think that me(DM) and my friends aren't nearly as "professional" as you are....

8. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Used to be 11 am to 4 pm, but lately weave been doing 10 am to 4 pm, five and six hours.

9. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It lasts about 3 to 4 hours. Some times less but mostly 3-4.

10. Washed Heathen Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My group plays after school using our classroom but we only have about 2 hours before we have to go home so we find we need to go after we only just got going. Occasionally we try playing at people's houses for 5 hour streches and we find this works much better (we recently did an all-nighter and got through a whole adventure).

11. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    huuummmm 13h00 to 18h00, or 12h00 to 20h00 (with a lot of jest, pizza, and coke oh and we talk about girl too, well when they are no girl here^^)

12. Firestorm

Firestorm Beeep, Beeep, ERROR Veteran

We always do all-nighters when we're playing a world a friend of mine and I made, and for about 2-2½ hours when we are in our "youth club" (God, I hate that word)...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.