1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Your Recommended World for Paper & Pencil

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Ferrick, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Ferrick Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hey all, perhaps you can help me. I currently play under 3 DM's who utilize the following worlds:

1. Greyhawk

2. Judges Guild (yes, Judges Guild!); my brother is very creative with this world and now they are coming out soon with a kicking new set from the classic Wilderlands/City State of the Invincible Overlord via Necromancer Games.

3. Forgotten Realms

So what I am looking for is another setting of quality that I can DM. I don't have the time to build my own world in the way of maps, political entities, geography, etc.. Forget Harn. As beautiful as it is, it is still mathmatically heavy and prohibitively expensive. What I especially like about Greyhawk is that it gives enough detail and intrigue to provide a basic feel without bogging down. The Judges Guild setting is even less detailed. Maps are important to me.

What do you guys and gals suggest? What is out there that is very workable? Thanks ahead of time.

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Forgotten Realms of course. Love it totally.

3. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Depends on what you are looking for. Have you checked out Kalamar for example? Lots of maps to be had there.

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

A scaled-down Forgotten Realms, limited to one area (say, the Sword Coast or the Silver Marches). That would be what I would prefer to run as a standard campaign setting (if I had the appropriate materials). Forgotten Realms in its entirety is too big, high-leveled, and just too extensive.

5. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] The FR is so BIG there is plenty of room for non overlapping campaigns. From the frozen wastes of the 10 towns to the dusty streets of Calimsham or the humid primordal jungles of Chult. Or how about an oriental campaign in Kara Tur?

6. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Forgotten Realms Forever!!!
    As Erran said it's a real big world and you can find what you want in many places like Waterdeep, Heartlands, Sword Coast, Savage Frontier, Silver Marches, Tethyr, Cormyr and of course Underdark.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.