1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Coolest/weirdest character you have ever played.

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Bulges, Apr 19, 2003.

1. Bulges Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Oh no, not another topic from this chick!

What is the strangest/coolest character you have ever played (or seen played)?

My favorite was a lesbian psionic Half-Giant ex-gladiator that had a penchant for Dwarves. She was fixed chaotic and was good most of the time, but when the brothel wouldn't forcibly ejected her (and wouldn't let her back in, she turned evil (DM rolled it). Naturally she destroyed the place by pulling a 'Hulk smash' routine. Then used her bone nipple ring of invisibility to get away and kidnap the madam. Turned out the madam was Templar, which in turn brought down the wrath of the Dragonking down on me. I didn't survive (but I taught the madam a lesson first).

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I bow to your insanity in D&D friend!

Well I had megalomaniac dwarven sorcerer ( I know -2 cha...) who was relying (Spelling?) only in Transmutation, Enchentment, and Conjuration ( a so-like oath) who once casted meteor swam ( from a scroll) in a prison to get out... :p he also said " Hello, I'm Kearskar I cast spell that kill people " to a Paladin. I have stabed to death a soldier because err t'was realy fun to do that! :evil: . I aslo casted a summon Monster IX (Fire Elemental) in the ocean :lol:

At that time we played single people in gang, at we had 20 minute each to do everything we wanted, in a order... t'was fun with all the stupid thing I've do, at least they did make my friend laugh...

3. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well, it's not my character, but a friend of mine once played an insane male psion. This character was, shall we say, interesting. Editing out some of the nastier stuff he did, first, he hired a prostitute, cut out her tongue and eyes, infected her with siphillis, then introduced her to the rest of the party as his blind and mute sister. Then he killed her by running her over with a wagon, propped her up in the wagon's driver seat, and slapped the horse to get it running through town with a dead woman. He then killed a small dog and then, using it for a puppet, walked through town making it bark at kids. Fast-forward a bit. After playing quite a bit with Disable, he died by jumping off of an eighty foot tall tower five times. There's actually quite a bit more, but I'm still going through therapy over it. :D

4. Sorcerer Of The South Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My coolest character has to be the lawful-good half-celestial 19th level sorcerer, 1st level paladin (To use charisma bonus to saving throws) ended with immunities to most things and a charisma of 31 and a 'pet' gold wyrm. Damn near invincible, and ended up ruling a floating city. Not a very good story but a really good character to play with.

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Some of you people are deeply in need of therapy.

The most fun I ever had was when I decided to break out of my mold and play an Assassin (2e rules). I was up until thast point acknowledged as the best role-player/gamer in my group. Well, I tried to play my assassin to the hilt, and while his stats were good, my rolls that night were the s**ts. I tried to climb walls (87% chance of success!) into an officer's room to intimidate him, fell off the wall. Got flipped over the rail of a boat and my DM gave me a 10% chance to encounter a shark -- guess who had to fight off a shark? In the midst of a fight in the jungle I managed to score critical misses on two consecutive rolls, breaking one sword and embedding the other so deeply in a tree that it took me 2 rounds to pull it out. The worst session of my life, bar none.

At least my friends got a good chuckle out of my misery. To this day, they'll see me and start singing "Free Falling" by Tom Petty as a reminder of my disgraceful fall from the inn.

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Mr. Bad luck's history

well I have also that more normal err less maniac char, it was last summer, he was a human rogue, well I had not soo good stats ( well They weren't bad, but a powergammer would have screw the **** since my higest was a 16 and my lwestr a 8). I wanted to have money realy fast since the boat was living the port in three day. So I've spotted a rich merchant, waited for 12 hours and I've follow him to his house, I've waited until night, and then I open locked the wrong door...the stable (I shouldn't have said " I pick the nearest lock " ) and then I failed to pick the real door, but so badly that I actualy broke it, then I have broke the window by mistake, the dm asked me to roll an attack roll to see if I could break the window's lock, but since I had only a knife I had to take an axe that I found on the country yard, anyway I have rolled a Critical miss. After that I found the chest! but it was on the merchant room, I move the chest to the living room, then I again failled to pick the lock. Then the merchant was awaken and he saw me! I had no choice, I jump of the nearest window, obviously the guard were running for me. I mannage to hide myself on a roof, Then I have jumped to reach the street, but hey I'm mister bad itself, so I miss my roll and I have crashed on a window and I lost MANY hit-point (the 2/3) only to land on a room of a children. I have to knock off the litle girl, but it did make some sound, the parent's girl were alarmed! I had again no choice I jump ou of the broken window, and again failled my roll. Finaly I've hided myself for 16 hours in a sewer...

7. Deimos Phenom Gems: 2/31

By far, hands down, without a DOUBT, the weirdest damn character I ever played was Thanatis "Chance" Therayon, a half-elf Fighter/Mage in 2e who flipped a coin for just about any decision. I mean the guy had wicked stats. Rolling the standard 3d6, it was Str15, Dex15, Con14, Int17, Wis11, Cha14. A super combatant and a not-too-bad spellcaster, Chance was nonetheless horribly unstable (thus his reliance on a coin). One of the other PC's, an 800lb. fighter, was up in a room with a whore. Afterwards, when she demanded payment, he was like, "uhhh... I don't have any money, so.... I roll over on her." This, of course, killed her. Then, to hide the body, he stuffed her under the mattress and tried to hide the lump in the middle by sitting on it.

It gets worse. He finally decides the only real way to get rid of the body is to eat the corpse. He can't eat a whole person, so he goes down to the inn's common room to look for help. He finds ME. We go up to the room, me having no idea what he wants me to do, and then he starts chewing on a leg. Then he looks at me and says, "well don't just stand there! Dig in!"

So Than looks from corpse, to fat guy, to corpse, to fat guy... and flips the coin. Suffice to say, Thanatis had a full belly for quite a while.

8. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ok, I haven't played many characters, but this is the strangest I've played so far, and another character is what makes it strange.

I have a male halfling rogue in a party with a male dwarven fighter, female elven wizard, male human cleric of pelor, male human druid, and male gnome bard (what?!). We found some plot to steal the book of infite spells, and we work for the king, and he said he wanted it. So we travelled to the direction where it should have been for ten days, and came to a village about half destroyed. Through a series of encounters and brainstorming thirty minutes long (it should have taken us five, don't ask), we got inside this armory in the middle of town where the guards and survivors were. This guy filled us in on the details, and apparently, a raiding party of six had the book, and came running through here with it causing mass havocck. The guy said he could help us overtake them by half a day if we freed his family stuck in some cellar. The gnome and I stayed, figuring we wouldn't do much good, and then he had a great idea. He had a bunch of preform ranks, and I hade tumble, so he said we should put on a comedic tumbling show (what?!) for the villagers. He also had a rod of splendor, so he gave us both spiffy clothes and conjured a tent for the show, and we did it. I made my tumble check (had like a plus 15 any way) and he made his preform and tumble check. Then I had to make my preform check. Sence I didn't have it, it was pretty much a charisma check, and I passed it on a seventeen. Well, the gnome's player decided it would be funny that, sense I passed my check, his gnome fell in love with me! I just cracked up laughing, but it wasn't that funny when he tried to hump my leg, and I had to slap him and squirt him with water. Now I've got an anoying gnome falling me everywhere trying to seduce me. Luckily he hasn't used his suggestion yet.................

9. Malaqai Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

My best character would have to be a half-human/half-drow fighter/assassin who is shunned by both the underdark and the humans. He is hated wherever he comes but he takes it all with a "I don't give a &%$#" atitude. Quite strong and powerful, you don't want to get in his way. He renounces all religion and hates the hypocritical human gods more than the straight-forward-evil gods of the drow. Also, he just fell in love with a human girl who is dead scared at the mere sight of him.

10. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I would have to say the wierdest character I've yet played would be Chairman Mouse, a level 20 chaotic evil rodent Monk, Paladin, Cleric, Psion, Mystic Wanderer, Duelist. This yeilded an AC in excess of 100. Suffice to say, that campaign was short lived. :)

11. Mariana Gems: 2/31

I haven't played too many table-top D&D campaigns, but my coolest character was a neutral good drow cop. I didn't really develop her as a D&D character because I had created her before hand. I think she was cool because she was a drow that was actually upholding the law.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.