1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Seeking Planescape Information

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Vandalore, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm going to be starting a Planescape 3ed p&p campaign in my town. Basing it out of Sigil, I'm having problems finding information other than what's in Torment. I was searching the Wizards of the Coast site for random books about Planescape. I could only find one which was 2nd ed "Sigil Uncaged", are there any resources that you know of? I'm looking for anything from detailed maps of Sigil, the Hive, Dustmen stats, 2nd to 3ed conversion techniques, as well as historical information beyond the game.

Open topic, anyone feel free to post. I could really use some help.

-BHuntR

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Have you checked out Manual of the Planes? It does not direclty deal with Planescape, but describes all the planes involved, and uses the same creatures (except for possibly the Modrons, but they can be found on the wizards.com web enhancement).

3. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31

The only thing i can think of is ask at your local gaming store. I know mine carries Planescape stuff, but i think only 2nd edition.

Try on www.dogpile.com and search for '3rd edition planescape'

Random guesses.. sorry i can't be sure

4. Vandalore Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Manual of the Planes does have some good info on gatekeepers and the factions (although, I'll be using most of the information from those straight out of Torment). But I didn't find anything on the stats of Dustmen and favored classes.. etc. I may have to make most of it up. Last weekend, I asked the local comic shop guy and they said they have great demand for it but there really isn't anything they have for it. However, I did stumble on the Sigil Uncaged 2nd edition book on the internet. I'm curious to know if anyone else has any resources on Planescape that I might look into finding.

Also does anyone know a website that lists how to convert 2nd edition characters over to 3rd edition?

5. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Ps3e.com has a whole sort of listings of Planar monsters, most of which are probably from 2E books. But to be frank, if you know how to make a monster (i.e. knowing BAB, saving throws, DCs, etc. based on HD), then you should be able to (more or less) convert them yourself.

And Ps3e is a pretty good Planescape site in general too :) .

[EDIT: The link doesn't seem to be working, and neither does that of Planewalker.com. :doh: ]

[ March 12, 2003, 03:53: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.