1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Stupidest D&D Game ever?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Ofelix, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    We were in a city under siege, the King asked us to go and kill that " fat bastar son of a **** " we accepted I was a Pally I didn't have a choice... but after we were in front of that " you know what " it was my Paladin chief, I don't know why but I accept when he want me to work for him and then I became a Fallen Paladin 'cause I had to kill everyone in my party too prove that I am good enough to go in the "legion of the black fury" I was almost dead but I succed! after that the DM say: hummm I think we will be doing another campain and you will make other char, and you *me* YOU WILL NEVER BE AGAIN A PALADIN...

[ February 25, 2003, 16:15: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well when I was resting in one campaign, I was repetitivly brought to an inn without my clothes..

3. Chevalier Mal Fet Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

One of the players in my last D&D sessions, a sorcerer, thought it'd be funny if he torched a small town with fireballs. Now he was only level 9 or such, and could only cast a total of seven fireballs. He naively thought that the other party members would come to his aid when the fifty or so angry militiamen came running out to get him.
    He tried to escape by casting invisibility and running away. The party's cleric dispelled his invisibility and helped the villagers catch him. He was burned at the stake. This was only one of several stupid deaths realted to the party (all evil) backstabbing eachother.

[ February 25, 2003, 02:08: Message edited by: Sol'Kanar ]

4. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    i never got through an adventure with the guy who had enough money to buy all the books and so declared himself the GM. his quests were so immature and badly thought out, not to mention that he liked to kill the party, a level 1 party facing 30 bullywugs is not cricket.

5. Deimos Phenom Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The best (or worst?) example I can think of is the evil party I used to co-DM when I played 2e.

We had a really nasty group together. A warlock who worshipped Bane (in 2e, that was VERY bad), a wizard with the Hand of Vecna, a Death Knight under the warlock's control, a vampire, and a wild mage. We were having quite a lot of fun with it until Collin (he played the Death Knight) decided he wanted to guest DM a session. We didn't mind, so he decided to put everyone in the Celestial Plane. THis posed several problems.

First, as all evil characters, the DM decided that touching just about anything on the celestial plane damaged us.

Second, since this was the celestial plane, everything was immune to evil spells or spells cast by evil spellcasters. Seeing as we only had two of our six party members who weren't spellcasters, people started dying PDQ.

Third, the only two people who survived the first fight (two measly Hound Archons) was the wild mage (who hid behind a tree) and the psion who was guest starring in the session. The two of them had to go through a massively difficult temple with no help whatsoever (seeing as everyone else was DEAD), and ended up at the feet of St. Cuthbert.

An important note: The wild mage was originally a priestess of St. Cuthbert. Then she accidentally put on a circlet of pure evil, so Cuthbert killed her. She was reincarnated as a wild mage and very very very pissed off at Cuthbert.

With this in mind, the wild mage's player very logically states that she is going to attack Cuthbert until he kills her, simple as that. We're all pissed off, frustrated at the DM for sucking, and very much dead, so tensions were running high. The DM and the mage's player ended up having a gigantic fight, the player tore up his favorite character, and the DM called it quits. This pissed off the psion, because he is a very by-the-book player. If Collin didn't place his character somewhere or at the very least kill him, his character would forever be in front of St. Cuthbert, never again playable.

Finally the DM gave them some lame quest about having to kill off Bane and sent them back to the Prime Material Plane with a slap on the wrist and a shaking of the finger. It was so bad, we never invited Collin over for D&D again.

6. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well it's not a D&D game but rather I game of L5R but it's still pretty stupid... I had one player who had this disadvantage "compulsive" now you may think well what’s wrong with that? Well his compulsion was for sex....with women of course. And my other player had a female pc!!!! In short it ended up with one dead guy and lesbian…

7. Ralgnar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This one just happened to me recently. My group consisted of a neutral evil necromancer, a true neutral ranger, a chaotic neutral rogue, and a lawful good cleric. The necromancer had acquired a magical axe and was trying to sell it. He was haggling with a bartender who deals in adventuring equipment when the rogue grabbed the axe and ran for the door. The necromancer cut him down (he has abnormally high strength for a wizard and took a feat to be proficient with a Greatsword) and took back the axe, then proceeded to threaten the rogue at length while the cleric healed him. They finally turned back to the bartender only to find that the ranger had vanished with the axe. It got messy from there.

8. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Looking at that partycomposition, I'm wondering what a lawful good cleric is doing with the others.

And when players start letting their out of character desires influence their ingame actions, the GM should either ask for an ingame justification, or deny them the action in some sort of ingame way. (For example have the townguard enter to take them away for breaking a law, have a tavern patron pick a fight or throw in a surprise raid by angry dwarves who want to claim the axe for themselves.) (Just so you can take the object of trouble away from the players)

Of course, this means the DM will have to have such backup plans prepared if he's expecting trouble with the group.

Edit: Faragon, Lord of the Typo.

9. Ralgnar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Heh, it's an interesting mix alright, although they have done a fair job of roleplaying their alignments. On the other hand, I may make the ranger change to chaotic neutral.

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Their once was this quest I was a thief and we where hangin'around in a taverne then all at a sudden we where under siege by a group of orcs.

Everybody runned out of the taverne to fight, but I stayed ther to steal all the money. Than some Orcs came and kicked me out And I fought side by side with the captain of the guarth he died with the orcs.

So I took his armor and go around pretending I'm the commanding officer and everybody in town believed me and follewed me.

Then a few days later I took of my helmed to drink some water, at that point they saw I wasn't wo I said I was, and I got executed ... :(

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    My paladin once began to stink like an ogre. He went to the shop to buy some parfume that was sure to help him according to the salesman. The paladin began to stink worse even. As he went to the shop to demand the money back I was informed that I could fall for being sooo evil.

12. Bulges Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I had this estremely moody DM once. He was great when he wasn't being a butthead, but this one paticular night...

We were playing 2E, and the other girl (his wife) liked to play Tieflings. He had created/found a class called the 'Witch' that he let her make up a character for. Now, with us it usually took a good three or four hours to make a character, but she had been working on this character for the whole week. She was proud of it. She tweaked it while the rest of us made ours up. Once done, we played for a few hours and everyone was getting into thier niche. Good game.

Next week came and the DM dropped the bomb. He said that only Human's could be Witch's, so if she wanted to play a Witch, she had to change her race. But if she wanted to play a Tiefling, she had to change her class. The man (loosely used here) was just plain mean about it.

Now that is the stupidest game I've ever been in.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.