1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is the longest running campaign you have had so far?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Astin X, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

My longest running campaign is still running - 3 years +. I'm interested to see how long most campaigns take, on average.

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

started.. 20feb, 10 months? still going strong. Didn't have any others than this one though.

[ November 12, 2002, 23:59: Message edited by: Lokken ]

3. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

A year... But it stopped 1 or 2 months ago.

4. Mithrandir Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

5. StormCast Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Astin X: What lvl are you people on now then? must be some great heroes :D

6. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] An AD&D campaign that started back in 1985...

7. Atreides Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

First it was something my best friend started but the campaign fell apart after over fifteen months (I don't think he knew where he wanted the thing to lead too.) My current campaign I'm playing in looks to last a while as well but this is due to the fact that the DM is in college, a very active participant in ROTC and has a life in general. The good news for me is that this campaign has more promise though I think that it'll take a long time to conclude.

8. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

With loads of roleplaying and very few encounters in the first year, and only playing 1 day a week, the characters are now around 13/14 level. There was at the time also the change from 2nd ed to 3rd ed rules.

9. Void Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I recently completed a campaign that ran for about 6 months. It was my first time at Dming andthe players first time at playing. I've started a new one now, which will, hopefully, go on for longer...

10. MrGrouch Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Tomorrow will be the last night of a campaign I have been running since June. Yes, i know that that is only six months, but since it was my first tabletop DMing experience (well, there were a couple of misfires earlier) and none of my players had any experience with 3E, I think it is pretty good. And technically it isn't really over, we are just taking break for one of my players, who happens to be an old DM of mine, can run a game.

The last six months have been nothing but preperation for me to run them through my 3E conversion of the "Tale of the Comet" adventure.

MrGrouch

11. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I ran a 3-4 sessions per month *Ars Magica* campaign that lasted just over 4 years with the same cast, then another 9 months or so with a changed cast (mix of old and new players).

The longest D&D campaign I ever ran lasted about 9 months.

12. Mortensen Banned

[​IMG] I could never get interested in roleplaying- too much fiddling about and rolling dices.. it took forever to do anything. Much prefer the games

13. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

One day. We started yesterday ;)

One day, and I've already lost my horse and nearly all my posessions. :aaa: (Except for adventuring gear and 50gp) Some damn teleporting magicdevice which makes me end up Correlon knows where. :mommy:

14. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Around a year and a half for me.

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    At least I began comptetent in DM-ing a campaing with My cast they began at level 6 now their level 7-8 I'd say about 4 mounth...

16. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I ran a Middle-Earth Roleplay game from when I started university in 1995 until spring 2001. One character survived throughout, and others changed as players came and went. From innocent adventurers the players ended up as powerful warlords taking on ringwraiths and similar. Great fun! :D

17. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

6 years, 11 months, 5 days, and 12 minutes.

Same character throughout. Who would've thought that a dwarf would live to be 307 years old.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  18. Karunirin Rochambeau Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

About a year. I just finished the main quest in the campaign, and am now ready to flex godly muscle all over the face of Whitefelken. Good ol' Aasimar paladin, and drow ranger, and half-elf sorcerer. It probably won't go too much longer, as my DM is a little pissed at how powerful I've become (lv. 30 Paladin, 50/38/37/22/34/36) The other chars. stats are equally ridiculous, and my Drow has a +19 Longbow of Speed. In the campaign I'm Dm'ing, about a month.

19. OOPS Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

We started a campaign when I was 16 and continued to play until we were 22. We retired a few characters after they had sired others to continue the tradition. We had a core group of three players with others coming and going as we progressed. We even had one of our original players return after a four year hiatus to the marine corps. Unfortunately when I went to jail for a few years(I was 32) my evil stepmonster being the good christian she is threw all 16 years of fun anger and frustration out. Oh, well theres always third edition.

20. Deimos Phenom Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

This is pretty pathetic, but the longest campaign I've partaken in lasted about three months. We were only lvl. 7 or so, and the DM killed all the characters by swarming the continent with black dragons. It sucked. A lot.

Since then I've reincarnated that character a few times (I'm even using his name right now). Not for any campaigns mind you. A few online sessions here and there, when I play D&D with myself (yes, I do do that--one of the benefits of MPD). The usual stuff.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.