1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Favourite Stronghold

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ladonna, Oct 6, 2001.

1. Ladonna Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] what is the best stronghold? what kind of things do you do in the priest and paladin strongholds?

2. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The best? The bard stronghold was one of the longest and the most fun to play while the paladin stronghold gave the coolest stuff.

As for what you do in the paladin stronghold, it's basically go rescue good people from big, bad, evil monsters. They're paladins, what did you expect? :p Goody-goodiness aside, you are well rewarded for your efforts.

Lastly, I have never played a cleric so I have no idea what you get or do in those strongholds.

3. Ladonna Gems: 3/31

what is the bard stronghold?

4. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Logically enough, a bard gets a playhouse as his/her stronghold. Raelis Shai will point you in the right direction and you pick up some rather decent equipment along the way.

5. Marmeille Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

----Small Spoiler------

The bard's stronghold is one of the coolest you can get, you became owner of the theater under the Five Flagons tavern in the Bridge District and then you have to put on a play (with all kinds of decision to make, who to give lead role, music, etc...), the reward at the end of the plot is quite satisfying even though its pretty long (in game time) to get there.

P.S. One more thing, it would be a very wise idea to pay close attention and even take notes during the dress rehearsal.

[This message has been edited by Marmeille (edited October 06, 2001).]

6. Ladonna Gems: 3/31

thanx boys

7. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] I always liked the story with the fighter stronghold. And it satisfied my desire for vengence against that troll loving, arrogant pup after Nalias lands, no one messes with my friends and gets away with it is every party members motto:D.

8. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] Ok, people. A question:

If I make an Neutral/Lawful Evil Fighter and dual him later to a cleric. Will he get the Talos stronghold + Fighter stronghold? Or will he get Helm stronghold + Fighter stronghold? Or will he get Fighter stronghold only? Or will he get the Talos stronghold only? Or will he get the Helm stronghold only?
    Thx fer answering...

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Will you already understand that you can have ONLY ONE stronghold!!! :flaming::flaming::flaming:

Unless you don't patch the game - then you can get two.

10. Zaragoth Guest

[​IMG] I asked this question before I met you on irc!!!!!!!! :mad:
    Don't goddamn yell! ARGH!

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Umm... what's the patch for the multiple ones? And can a Multi-class character get several ones?

Ara
    (Tired and confused...)

12. Maldir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I think there's a bug whereby you can do the mission to get the Fighter stronghold, not talk to the person who will give you it, then go off and get another stronghold, and finally come back and talk to the person who will give you the Fighter stronghold. The bug fix actually removes this exploit.

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Arabwel, I never heard someone made such thing you call a "patch". I call it cheat.

If you are not single class - you can cheat thru console to get multiple strongholds. The critical variable is PlayerHasStronghold.

But the real cheat to get ALL strongholds would have to be placed in OVERRIDE folder and would have included all dialogs that you get in order to get the stronghold or not (Renal's, Nalia's Lavok's, etc...)

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Ok. Sorry about the patch... I'm a newbied when it comes to games and stuff... Don't know the terminology.

Ara
    (Having a monstrous headache after chewing half a pack of soft bubblegum for 6 hours straight)

15. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] You are all wrong!:hahaerr:The mage stronghold is the coolest one!(Though I haven't tried the bard stronghold yet...I don't like playing bards.:nolike:

16. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

After defeating the trolls you can leave the stronghold area and do some other stronghold quest. Than return to Nalia. (This might be a cheat) She'll give you the stronghold anyway. Of coarse she needs your help so i don't think helping people is cheating. (In my opinion)

17. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] I personally loved the mage stronghold. Especially when your apprenti thank you: "yeah thanks for not killing me too, I guess.." lol

Although they could've made a cooler tower/sphere.

The bard one is also fun.

18. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] well, I thought the theif one was kinda boring, but the paladin one was neat. *
    *Ettins!!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.