1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How did you masters of BG take care of Slythe?

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by aeckler1981, May 9, 2001.

1. aeckler1981 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Time to bug you BG masters again
    I'm trying to get rid of Slythe and his Wench.
    I have
    Character Class Level
    -------------------------
    Me Ranger 7
    Imoen Mage/Thief 6/6
    Dynahier Mage 7
    Minsc Ranger 7
    Khalid Fighter 7
    Jahiera Fighter/druid 7/6

Now how do you recommend getting rid of Slythe and his Wench.

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I just slashed him with 2 fighters with low AC and some combat protections/bonusses while the others shooted at him with arrows of piercing and +2 bolts and magic missiles. It isn't realy that hard.

[This message has been edited by Headbanger (edited May 09, 2001).]

3. aeckler1981 Gems: 2/31

But he is just so damn quick

4. Ace of Spades Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I blasted him with fire-arrows. Lotta dead vixens, but no rep loss --- and the survivors STILL propositioned me...

5. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

My first couple of times in BG1 I had the same ahem, "problem with Slythe".

So I entered the sewers via the Blushing Mermaid route and 'lured' him down the corridor where my party waited in ambush.

Later I found Hold person, Rod of Paralyzation and Slow worked even better. If you have all of those available to you, cast each of them every round that you can.

In my last games of BG1 I developed the "One Super Fighter upfront" tactic and with high THAC0 and mega negative AC I simply fought him toe to toe.

6. Havok Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] "Haste" your fighters and archer(s). Then just mob and maul them. And if one of your fighters is a "super tank", even better.

7. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I went in hasted en masse and it was a slaughter. No innocents were touched.

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Draco Vlasavius ----> That's indeed the best thing to do (and also in more fights). One creature with Ring +2, Full Plate Mail, Helm of Baluran, Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise always in front. Let him get the slashes of Slythes swords and with the others, attack with magic/long-bow/crossbow

9. aeckler1981 Gems: 2/31

well i finally took care of him. Unfortunatly i lost a couple partners because i went toe to toe but it worked OH and I like the ankheg armor the best

10. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Yeah the Ahnkeg armor is nice, but I place any of the magic armor that cannot be used together with a protection amulet,ring or cloak on rear party members.

Because my Fighter needs any and all bonuses to Saving throws I keep him in the shining Full Plate Armor. With the above mention complimentary fashion -Helm of Balduran, Cloack of Balduran, etc. Every one else stays out of harms way and assults the enemies with air power.

11. Avooch Dar Guest

did you realise that you can actually pick up ankeg armor early on at nashkel for nothing?
    in one of the ploughed fields at the western edge of the map there is a bag with a pearl and the armor i cannot remember the co'ordinates but it is situated on the left hand edge of the middle field. this is very hard to find so you may have to browse with your mouse quite a lot. you may find the co'ordinates in a walkthrough in the games section.

12. RickySlink Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sick any fighters with low A/C on him and have Jahiera continually hit him with the Wand of the Heavens. Worked for me. I let my other guys take care of his lady friend. This might not be the best strategy, but the Wand is such a cool visual that I use it all the time.

Oh, and pray his missus doesn't cast Cloudkill! ;)

[This message has been edited by RickySlink (edited May 20, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.