1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Clever Acts

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Corilathi, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Corilathi Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

What is the most clever act you have ever accomplished while playing D&D?

Mine for instance was when I used a mirror and some string to lure an entire band of goblins off a cliff.

What is your story?

2. Horborg Gems: 2/31

[​IMG] I once was fighting an orc, I couldn't get him to die, so I took a sack put it over his head and lit it on fire. He suffocated, passed out, and the fire finished him off.

3. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Staying out of trouble :p

4. void Guest

Once my DM was trying to get me into a relationship with some person, so I drank the obviously poisoned drink and saved against a DC of 18 at 5th level (luck), I knew the drink was poisoned because I found the DM looking at the potion of love entry in the DMG... I knew he was looking at the potion of love because he asked what inflatuated meant (I can't believe he didn't know....). I then asked the person who had given me the drink what was in it , she lied about it and so I followed her to her room, then discifered a magical puzzle to open her door, only to find her standing there naked! She tried to force me to drink another potion but I used a potion of invisibility on myself and faked drinking the potion (I stuck it in my pack), she said it was a invisibility dispeller so I should be visible, so I said that it must be faulty... I then tried to attack her so she drank a potion of invisibility and told me that she had riddles the room with traps.... I found out she wasn't lying by throwing things in various places around the room, and seeing them get destroyed by varios traps... She/the DM eventually gave up and I was a free elf...

I've definately ranted on for long enough now so that will be all...

Cheers, Void

5. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Good one. best trick I ever did was when I was playing a monk and was between an trap and a monster. anyway i tript the trap and the Dm alowed me to make a reflex save. i secseeded and the trap wound up hitting the monster... i wound up with teh xp for disarming the trap and killing the monster.

6. C'Jakob Guest

Corilanthi, that sounds pretty clever; howdja do it, luring an entire band of goblins off a cliff with a mirror and a string?

7. Corilathi Gems: 2/31

I hung the mirror from a nearby tree with string, and let it flash in the light. The goblins, seeing the shiny object scrambled over each other to see what it was, and tripped over the stragetically placed trip string. A nice whistling effect by the DM, and splattered Goblins on the rocks below.

8. Mr. Furious Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Did you get any extra XP award for it?

9. Corilathi Gems: 2/31

Yes, I believe the DM added a 50% bonus on because of my actions.

10. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The coal thingie :0) see the anoyin dm topic for details :).\

In that same adventure, I was wearing the armour and helmet of a general that died in a fight during the adventure, and everybody thought I was the general, they respected me, and they did everything I and my friends (The other players) asked for, but than they did send us to a verry tricky battle...

[I believe we all died there]

[This message has been edited by SleepleSS (edited May 07, 2002).]

11. Sol'Kanar Guest

One PC in my campaign, a rather charismatic druid, actually did some good roleplaying and convinced the local farmers that he possessed magic dirt for sale. Rather funny actually. Only clever one of the group. During one adventure, only he and another guy, who turned out to be cheating under my not too observent nose, managed to survive. The fighters ran full tilt onto an unsteady rope bridge and consequently fell right off, and the mage got shot. It was funny though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.