1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

DM manager/player creator

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by DragonRider SkyWard, Feb 28, 2002.

1. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I've read so much about how people want a great generator of worlds and players. I have this but havent given it a throughow cheak but to me it looks very well done.
    http://66.130.172.92:7002/

2. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Didn't download, and I haven't used it, but from the screenshots on the site it looks like the generator is for 2nd edition, not 3E. Otherwise, the character generator/manager looks alright. (I see in the Downloads section that there is a beta for 3E).

The world/dungeon generating components don't look that great - of course, it's easy to say that without actually examining the application ;) But it doesn't look like you can manage the world/ dungeon map after it's been created; the app creates a random world map, or dungeon map, but you can't use the software to add borders, towns, names, or anything customisable for the dungeon. I've seen a few world/ dungeon tools (free ones) out there. If you're interested, I'll try to post some links for them.

3. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Like I said I haven't looked at the finer details.

4. If you would Gnolyn(or anyone else that would), I could use a dungeon generator, very badly.

Thanks in advance

5. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

DS - You might want to check out this link then:
    http://www.rpghoard.com/cgi-bin/arcdb.cgi

There are a number of small downloadable (<3 MB) tools, including dungeon generators. Look under the Programs category, and then browse the sub-categories.

One I quickly looked at a while ago is Liors Map Creator. IIRC it generates simple dungeons based on criteria that you set. You'll find it in the Dungeon sub-category.

Another one I just looked at is Dungeon Crafter v1.4.0. This tool has several tilesets that let you create your own dungeon fairly quickly. It looks pretty good - for a free tool that size, I'm impressed. You'll find this one under Floorplans.

And if you're really in a hurry, or don't feel like downloading much, try this:
    http://www.rpghost.com/dungeon_gen.shtml

This is a simple web app that generates random dungeons based on your input, including encounters and room features (tables, secret doors, etc.). Not bad. There's also a downloadable version on the same page (didn't check it out though).

Hope these help!

EDIT - Just found this one:
    http://www.multiweave.com/trose/product.php

You can download a 30-day trial version. Includes character generation, encounters, dungeon generator, etc.

[This message has been edited by Gnolyn Lochbreaker (edited March 05, 2002).]

6. Cullain Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.