1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Cheese Question

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ishmael, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Ishmael Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

[​IMG] I have used the potion-swap cheese to give my solo Cleric/Theif a familiar.

Even though my Rep is 15, I now have guards chasing me all over town. Is there any way to avoid this?

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Go back to a saved game prior to using the cheat.

3. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

what guards?
    Cowled Wizards or Athkatla Guard?
    do they come when you cast spells?

4. Ishmael Gems: 4/31

Veteran

No, it's not casting related. It's due to the cheat. I wonder though, if I can get past the 1st round of guards if that will be it, or will it go on and on?

5. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

i've never heard of guards chasing you around because you have an illegal familiar

i always use this trick to get one, but never experienced any trouble

6. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Go ahead, break the rules, but don't get caught. I think that's just the right punishment for your behavior. :D

7. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I doubt very much it's related to the Familiar, i've always used the potion-swap trick to get myself a Familiar when playing a non-mage character and never experienced any problem. If it's not the Cowled Wizards it's a definate bug. Have you the official patch installed?

8. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

An army of guards will spawn in anytime you switch districts in the city.

9. Ishmael Gems: 4/31

Veteran

Well, I'm on a Macintosh with OSX, so it may be a newer version. It must be the potion Swap, because, as I said, I had a rep 15 at the time...

What made it worse it I (like a genius) rely on quicksaves and autosaves, normally. I had to redo a week's work.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.