1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Prestige Classes

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Capstone, Oct 3, 2001.

1. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] I'm looking for any and all information on 3E prestige classes, especially those in the handbooks (Sword & Fist, Song & Silence, etc). Your contribution is appreciated! :)

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] That's a rather broad request. I'd love to be of help but you'll have to be a little more detailed. Any class or prestige class you are interested in? If you want all the info I simply say go buy the books, they are not online to the best of my knowledge.

3. Caleb_Eveningfall Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I have the Tome and Blood handbook and it has the following prestige classes.
    Acolyte of the Skin
    Alienist
    Arcane Trickster
    Bladesinger
    Blood Magnus
    Candle Caster
    Dragon Disciple (my fav)
    Elemental Savant
    Fatespinner
    Mage of the Arcan Order
    Mindbender
    Pale Master
    Spellsword
    True Necromancer
    Wayfarer Guide

If you want a brief description of any of these just let me know, though I would agree with Voltric that you should get the books themselves as they are very helpful and have great artwork.

4. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Ah, *blank*. Didn't realize there were so many! I guess I'll have to hunt around for them. They're hard to find in my rural area. I probably won't buy them anyway, just make a mental note of the ones I find interesting. I haven't even bought the core rulebooks yet... :p

5. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

In light of that The DMG contains
    Arcane archer
    Assassin
    Blackguard
    Dwarven Defender
    Loremaster
    and
    Shadowdancer
    I don't have any of the addons so...couldent give you thouse if you wanted them.

6. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] To round the list out here are the other Prestige classes.

From Sword & Fist

Cavlier
    Devoted Defender
    Drunken Master
    Duelist
    Fist of Hextor
    Ghostwalker
    Gladiator
    Halfling Outrider
    Knight Protector of the Great Kingdom
    Lasher
    Master of Chains
    Master Samurai
    Ninja of the Crescent Moon
    Order of the Bow Initiate
    Ravager
    Red Avenger
    Tribal Protector
    Warmaster
    Weapon Master

From Defenders of the Faith

Church Inquisitor
    Consecrated Harrier
    Contemplative
    Divine Orcale
    Holy Liberator
    Hospitaler
    Hunter of the Dead
    Knight of the Chalice
    Knight of the Middle Circle, Innder Circle & Stargazers
    Master of Shrouds
    Sacred Exorcist
    Sacred Fist
    Templar
    Warpriest

Well there you have it. Between this and earlier posts all the Offical Prestige classes so far. There will be more in the Rogue & Bard, and Ranger, Druid and Barbarian books of course but we will have to wait until December for thoes. I hope this helps give some idea of the PC you can pick from. But in addition you can of course make you own.

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Ahhhh... the weapons master (fond memories of Gareth Jax). I'm definitely going to take my closest look at Sword & Fist and Defenders of the Faith. Rangers I'll have to wait on... *sigh*

Sadly none of the mage prestige classes seem to relate to the only type of mage I've ever been really interested in... a gnome who combines his passion for tinkering with talent in the arcane. Oh well.

8. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The weapon master isn't really that cool. Too much KI-stuff to fit in any western oriented fantasy campaign in my opinion. Both books in mention are worth looking into though.

What about Arcane Trickster?

9. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] If you play in the Forgotten Realm setting you have even more prestige classes to choose from :)

From the FRCS:
    Arcane Devotee
    Archmage
    Divine Champion
    Divine Disciple
    Divine Seeker
    Guild Thief
    Harper Scout
    Hathran
    Hierophant
    Purple Dragon Knight
    Red Wizard
    Runecaster
    Shadow Adept

From "Magic of Faerun":
    Gnome Artificer
    Guild Wizard of Waterdeep
    Harper Mage
    Harper Priest
    Incantatrix
    Mage-Killer
    Master Alchemist
    Mystic Wanderer
    Spelldancer
    Spellfire Channeler
    War Wizard of Cormyr

Edit: From what I see the "Gnome Artificer" is what you are looking for Capstone.

[This message has been edited by Zorac (edited October 06, 2001).]

10. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Gnome Artificer? Sounds suspiciously correct... :D

Do you have the info to post on that? I'd be forever in your debt.

Incidentally, I was in Barnes & Noble in Wichita, Kansas this weekend. The only DnD book there other than the three core rulebooks was Tome & Blood. :nolike: Not sure where I'll be able to find them.

11. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I've found good places to check (if you don't order them off this site of course) are your local video game stores. Now around here we have Electroic's Boutique and Babages, as well as a few lesser known stores, and several of them do carry the guides and books(espcially Electronic's Boutique stores) when a lot of the book stores don't or have a limited selection. And from what I've seen, Barnes and Nobles sucks as for as carrying DnD stuff. The one in Jackson has a huge selection of fantasy novels, but not one single DnD game book. How sad is that?

12. void Guest

Could someone please tell me what a dragon diciple does/is?

Cheers, Void.

13. Caleb_Eveningfall Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Dragon Disciple is a sorcerer prestige class that says the character has the blood of a dragon flowing through them. They can focus on this part of their being and slowly work up to become a half-dragon. If you look at the half-dragon template in the Monster Manual that is what a 10th lvl Dragon Disciple is. Some this include stat increases (+ 8 to strength), natural armor +4, a breath weapon, an elemental immunity based on dragon type, and claws and bite attacks.

14. Smoothbrain Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

15. Inappropriate Synonym Banned

ahh thats what ive been looking for thank you very much, my personal favortie prestige class is the blood magus, something about teleporting through people over all distnace is something that queues that excitement in you add the coming out eraly attack type for 10d10 damage you've got me hooked

16. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Umm, isn't that like copyright violation or something :p. Yeah, I'm not innocent in that field myself, but this is hardly a 'warez' board...

17. void Guest

Thanks Calib ;)

Cheers, Void.

18. Smoothbrain Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.