1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Funniest D&D encounter

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Tasohan, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I just want to know what your funniest dnd encounter is.
    My funniest moment was when i as a lev 2 thief had to cut the neck of sleeping small black dragon. I approched carefully but suddenly the dragon stood up and i was SO close to get a acid bath. Our wizard used a wand of paralyzation on him and he rolled 1 on his saving throw. HURRAY!! i was saved :D
    There might be some spelling mistakes in this post. :(

2. Gopher thighs Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Vault of the Drow when DMing...one of the party's fighters gets his brain sucked by the tentacled wonders, and following the scrap the cleric tried to raise dead...was I being too harsh in letting them raise a fighter with no brain??? Made Minsc look smart.......

3. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Once I was playing a 2nd level drow wild mage in Planescape, and we were on whatever the plane on the evil side of mechanus was, and we were at some fortress when an abishai flew by. Me, properly roleplaying my characters insanity, decided to man the nearest balistae and take some pot shots at it. First shot, critical. Second shot, critical... miss. Third shot, wait no thrid shot as im being thrown from the balistae by a very very pissed off abishai. Remaining PCs not helping and shaking thier heads at my complete stupidity. Next round, Nahal's Reckless Dweomer, which failed of course, however in doing so, conjured a boulder right on top of its head for the final 2d20 damage necessary to finish it off. :) :) DM ruled I got sole XP for the kill. Triple Level up w00t!

4. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Sweet! An other fun story was when all in our party was level 1. (i was a thief) We met an other friendly thief inside a dungeon. He suggested that we (me and him) took all the treasure and sneaked out without the other noticed it.
    I agreed on that (i was chaotic evil) so we took the stuff and left and suddenly the thief turned into me! :eek: He started to attack me. :mad: first i rolled a 20 cutting off his leg :) then he rolled a 1 and a 1 again and therefor hit himself. i rolled 19 and he died :)

[This message has been edited by Tasohan (edited August 09, 2001).]

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I remember a rolemaster p&p campaign when our DM led us into a cave *full* of treasures and everyone of us should only be able to take as much as he could carry on his body. On of our mages was on very high level. So while my thief grabbed together all the gems he found (plus a great +2 shortsword & an enchanted leather armor) he just casted an incredibly difficult spell and opened a gate to his stronghold and called his servants to carry away all the loot with carts, about twenty of them filled with gold and jewels ... enough to buy a kingdom :D

The dm was totally perplex, but he found a solution of making his gold "mysteriously dissolve" the next morning ... ;)

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited August 09, 2001).]

6. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I was running a campaign when the group met my quintesential "Most Powerful Mage". One of the group, a mischevious Gnome Fighter/Illisionist, decided that the mystic answers he was giving were not to his liking. He called the powerful mage a "Crusty Old Toad". At which point the mage turned the gnome into one. The rest of the party thought this was a scream, until they had to do a minor quest to have their friend returned to his natural state.

7. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Alex and Tasohan, I am so sorry to say this, but your DMs have no idea what they are doing.

Funny moments? Um I think most of my gaming experiences were filled with despair and misery. Hmm, with a lower-mid level group (5th levelsh) we had found a crypt with some poetry written on it (which was a very obvious clue as to what we were SUPPOSED to do), well, instead of trying to figure it out, we decided to desecrate the tomb and burgalarize it. The DM politely took every one's char sheets and modified them and handed them back. I was playing a thief and he changed my alignment to chaotic evil! the other players didn't know this. The other two got severely penalized: one was a cleric who was stripped of 2 levels (lawful good, he should have known better), and the other guy lost one level I think. anyway I didn't tell them about my alignment change had alot of fun being nasty and underhanded in that group. Oh by the way, there was nothing but a couple of bodies in the coffin. hahaha.

that thief got killed later on by a poisonous spider anyway, appropriate ending for the scumbag.

8. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Party of level 2 characters traveling through the mountains full of snow. By a 1% chance, the DM rolls on his encounter list and we run into 2 Frost giants. My friend, who was playing a Trow, (Special race. Any people who play Myth know what they are.)decided that he wanted to try and attack it. He walks up to one of them and makes a called shot for the groin. Critical hit. Mind you, the Trow has something like +2 STR, -2 Dex, -2 Cha, -2 Int, or something like that. The fact was that he had 20 Str and hit the giant in the groin for 24 damage

We all managed to kill the first one since the DM felt it only fair to stun him for 2 rounds. After we killed the first Frost Giant, we were almost dead. My friend was later killed by the other giant while we were retreating.

9. Sol'Kanar Guest

The two PCs, a true neutral sorcerer and a neutral evil psion with a whip, came to a river where they had to pay a ferryman to take them across. The psion refused to pay, and was left on the shore while the ferryman took the sorcerer across. Shortly after the ferryman disembarked the psion decided to whip him off the boat. He succeeded, leaving the sorcerer alone and oarless and drifting out to sea. The psion thought it was funny as hell.

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

hehe....

my funniest D&D moment will come... soon :)

11. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Ditto, ArteChoke.

My funniest moment was playing a wild mage by the name of Toke. No one in our group had played a character from Unearthed Arcana (or wherever wild mages came from), so in order to convince the DM to accept a char from the "new" book I told him the surges were because my mage was a pot smoker. Even went so far as to research a new spell with pot a component so that I'd be able to "conjure spell component" to get some more.

But the best moment was, when palling around with a high-level mage, we flew into a small village. DM rolled. They thought we were gods. They began worshipping. They asked us to command them. Toke said, "smoke this." Sadly, the other mage stopped them.

(Toke's familiar was a pot-bellied pig named Garfunkle who met an untimely demise at the hands of a hungry party member. Toke was not amused but of such low level there wasn't much he could do about it.)

12. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

I was playing a 18th level LE elven fighter/mage called Lord Gairon in a online campaign (he was the villain).
    Sooner or later battle erupted. I wanted to be fair and not kill anyone.
    As soon as the battle started another player simply wrote LG off (I think he was pissed about LG kicking his character in the groin). Darn.
    LG was finally starting to become interesting.
    So then I decided he had become a shadow ghoul.
    SO THEY KILLED HIM AGAIN! (This time they burned the body to be sure)
    Then I decided he had cast a magic jar and possesed one of their characters.
    Then I had a priest regenerate his body and he posseded it again.
    The other players tried to kill him again lots of times: Poison, drowning and just everything undead are immune to.
    Eventually they gave up. :D

13. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Divine, you gotta let your players succeed every once in a while. Sheesh.

14. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

When the Mage Foster's familiar(a pixie) turned invisible and started depantsing everyone in the tavern including his fellow party members.

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Rolled a critical miss with my ranger, and his hand-axe flew out of his grip and imbedded into the tree.

The dwarf fighter next to me look and said, "Ranger, we got orcs here. Why are you attacking the trees???"

I replied, "I think there was a squirrel on the tree."

the whole party looked at me like I was stupid . . . so I followed up with, "Well, it was an UGLY Squirrel!"

We laughed for hours.

16. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] If my players had outwitted me with a good battle plan they had deserved to win...
    But when they just write an enemy off, they are up against the TRUE MIGHT of the DM!
    KNEEL BEFORE ME PLAYER CHARACTER SCUM!
    Haha...ahaha...ahahaHAHAHAHA!MUHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

17. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

You should be DMing Paranoia, then.

:)

18. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Three charictors A half-elven ranger, a Centar fighter, and a halfling cliric all at 11th level. The three of them worked out a way that they could fight defensivly that I stupidly allowed. The ranger rode the centar and the halfling stood underneeth them. I tryed to kill them in this maner but whenerver a monster was comming at this groop they readied attacks so he imediatly got attacke three times. Then providing they hadent killed him then they all went to full attack and he was most likely dead. For ranged combat the centar and the ranger used bows and the halfling a sling.

19. Shralp Gems: 18/31

Veteran

Heck, why not allow that?

But I doubt there's enough room under a centaur for a hobbit to stand a use a sling. And give both the ranger and the hobbit penalties to hit if the attack comes from ahead. Heck, the hobbit should have penalties to strike around the centaur's feet.

But it's still a scene I'd like to see. Some kobold scout would be reporting back to his boss that there was a two-headed, six-legged horse with four arms and sling bullets shooting out of his gut. :)

20. Liam Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.