1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What is your D&D racial archetype?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Rakanishu, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Don't bother with Shura, Matthais. He's just a spiteful bubber. In fact, I know for a fact that as soon as he's finished his role as a patsy Lord Grazzt would personally imprison him and conduct researches - painful ones - to discover Shura's ability to walk through portals without keys.

After all, despite the power he claims he has he probably can't stand up against a blubbering Nupperibo, hence his assignments against low level "paladines". :D

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Thanks Rakanishu! I was having nightmares! ;)

I know from experience that most people into the RPG scene are all blow and no show.

That really fits into this topic. The beauty of RPG's is that we can safely project our selves into forms that our imagination creates.

If we couldn't do that, no one would waste their time here! :D

3. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Mathetais:

*A small gnome steps from the shadows* In my adventuring days, I don't run across very many of my kind. Actually, my other character in P&P is a half-orc barbarian. :) I seem to run characters that not very many people usually play. Although, I've never played as a halfling before, I always seem to run into one or get stuck travelling along side of one. To be honest, I've grown fond of those lil boogers.

P.S. Don't get him wrong, Shura is really a cool guy. He grows on yah. He just has a unique descriptive way of killing someone. That's why I like his style. :)

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Little Buddy!

I applaud your choices. It takes a very secure person to play an unusual character! I remember the first time I played a halfling . . . my friends never stopped ribbing me! If I mentioned the "G" word (gnome), it would have been messy.

Don't worry about me and Shura. I like him too. I'm new to the post, so I don't know all the combat protocol. I'm guessing its better to just ignore him. My not-so-witty come-backs fell a little flat. ;)

5. Marek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

hobbit - not very noticable at first, not given much attention to, like to eat and sleep and smoke various things, and at the end - happy.

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I'm now going to try to link myself to the race I play - Dwarf. Um, i'm shorter than average, Scottish, loose my temper easily, and think magic is too complicated for me. Unfortunately I don't have any facial hair to speak of.
    Spirituality - Moradin, because I only experienced DnD through BG and He's the only dwarven god I know.
    oh, my character seems a little gnomish at times, because I am used to Warhammer, in which dwarven engineers are responsible for flamethrowers, guns and helicopters.

7. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

High Elven Bard...
    I play a couple different instruments and have some talent captivating audiences...

8. Elf_friend Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Despite the name, i would have to say that i would have to classify myself as an Orc. Although some people i know would classify me as a dragon 'coz i don't exactly have the best of breath.

9. Reeky thestenchful goblin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Darn straight elf_friend

10. maxiwoo Gems: 1/31

I got LG on the Alignment test, so it looks like a pally! Yay! I always thought I was NG.

STR:15
    DEX:16
    CON:16
    INT:18
    WIS:12
    CHA:14

Wow, double figs in all stats!

11. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Hmm...I'd say Tiefling Mage/Thief here. I got a Neutral Evil on my alignment test ;)(no foolin').

As for stats...hmmm. I'm 6', 140lbs.

STR: 10(I have few delusions regarding myself :))
    DEX: 15(I can fall down a flight of stairs and still manage a weak "Tada" at the end)
    CON: 10(c'mon, 140 at 6'?)
    INT: 18(34 on the ACT, 1520 on SAT, 164 on IQ...and I waste it all, let me assure you :p)
    WIS: 13(I am wise in some areas, pretty blind in others it seems)
    CHA: 14(This is tricky...it would be lower if it were just looks, but I think I can be charming in a self-depreciating way)

I think an evil race/class is appropriate, since I guess I am neutral evil at heart. As a matter of fact, 3 seperate groups of people, all completely seperate from each other, have taken to referring to me as 'The Devil' over my objections.

I'd like to think that the nickname is good natured. ;)

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I'm an elven ranger and my racial archtype is Undead.

13. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'd say my racial archetype is probably gnome. I'm not particularly small at 5'10" and 165 lb, but I've never considered my physical characteristics to be the defining ones. My abilities are pretty much all mental. I have the gnomish passion for tinkering; I like to think outside the box. I'm also, like the gnomes, rather eccentric at times. I'd probably be a gnome cleric/illusionist (correct me if that's not possible); cleric because I care about people and always try to help & heal them when possible, illusionist because I have the gnomish affinity for dissembling (as well as detecting others who dissemble). Also I consider magic to be the AD&D equivalent of science, which is my realm.

I've created stats for myself more than once here, but rather than go back and find them, I think I will just make them up again.

STR: 11 Used to be stronger, but I never exercise anymore outside of sports.
    DEX: 12 Average hand-eye coordination.
    CON: 13 Resist sickness fairly well, but nothing special.
    INT: 19 36 on ACT, 1600 on SAT, and 179 IQ last I checked (180 is genius).
    WIS: 16 Fairly adept at dealing with people and situations, applying common sense, and understanding "the heart of the matter".
    CHA: 15 I get along quite well with people nowadays. I don't have any enemies that I know of. I'm especially good with four-year-old girls, don't know why.

14. Reeky thestenchful goblin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

id have to say goblin :) im short prefer the dark and most of all smell bad :eek:

15. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I have no clue what I am but if you can tell me here are some stats.

str 9 (yes I am weak)
    dex 15 (not too quick)
    Con 19 (not been sick in years)
    Int 17+ (1400 psat dispite spelling)
    wis 10- (cant find things)
    Chr ?? ( I have no idea am a loner so probably low)

come to think of it I think this makes me a
    gnome mage

I all ways play a human or half elf

Update

Took the alingment test came back LG

[This message has been edited by kemanmaldea (edited July 14, 2001).]

16. Ominixx Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Hey all, I'm new to the board. I just wanted to start off on the wrong foot. Alot of you guys are in love with yourselves. You know who you are saying your worst score is a 12 and your best is a 20, and that you're a paladin who saves people and runs around doing good. Puh-leeze! Ok, I'm done with that now, so lets get down to buisiness. I'd say that I'm a dorf, even though I dont look or act like a dorf, I just like dorfs. In reality, I'd say I'm a quarter-orc, and the only thing inherited from my orc grandparent (Grandma Neen, that witch) would be the, er, not so good looks. I'm 5'10, 200 pounds, but I'm only 16, so (hopefully) I'm not done growing. I'd say im chaotic good, because a) I think it's the best alignment. b) I got it on the test. c) I joke around alot, but I always have good intent and stick up for the bullied kids at school. Now, for the stats.
    Str: 16. I can bench about 210, and I leg press 800. Nuff said.
    Dex: 10. I'm a slow mover, and quite clumsy, but I have very good reflexes, and my hand-eye coordination ain't bad.
    Con: 8. Ouch. I am in terrible shape, and I get sick alot. ALOT. I didn't put it lower because I can take alot of physical pain.
    Int: 16. I think I'm a smart guy, I go to the best school in Hawaii, and I have an I.Q. of 161. I just divided by 10, and rounded, which I think is a good method, seeing how average is 103, and few exceed 180.
    Wis: 10. I don't apply myself to my work, and I do alot of stupid things and pranks. However, I know when enough is enough, and when I HAVE to start working, or when I have to stop screwing around. I also have common sense, I mean it is common, isn't it?
    Cha: 14. I like to think charisma is not how you look, but how you act. I have a great sense of humor, as narcissistic as that sounds, and I get along with everybody I want to get along with, but I try not to get along with truly evil b*st*rds, like the pedophile kid. I also have great influence over others, and usually make them see things my way, it's my way, my way or the highway. Sorry. I hindered my charisma because I still made looks a part of this, though not as major as most do.

17. ayecapitan Guest

Um, dont forget that an average human is limited with 18 as his/her max stat. Einstein would be a fine one for 18 INT and a person with 18 DEX should be able to hit a squirrel in the eye, with the animal being 100ft away by using a slingshot only. 18 STR allows you to carry about 300 pounds of weight on you with no sweat. With 18 CON you should resist direct influence of a stream of Ebola or walk around the core of nuclear reactor with no protective gear.

Of course, that might be exagerrated by have my two cents. :rolleyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.