1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Roll call!

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Rakanishu, Mar 25, 2001.

1. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Ten hut!

All 3E D&D players announce your presence here.

I want to know just how many play the game and also surf these boards. :)

2. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] /me raises hand

Although it's on a hold now, I suppose we'll be able to start in a couple of months.

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I play the 2ndE but pray, tell me what the new rules are?

4. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I wasn't into D&D back in the 1st edition days, but I had a chance to play 2nd edition before our DM had an opportunity to snag 3rd ed. Ever since he got it, that's all we've been playing.

5. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I started with 1E, fell in love with 2E and now have moved on with joy to 3E. Who can't love D&D!

6. Rakanishu Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] Arrgh! Only 4? Only four? :o

7. Seric Exz Guest

Make that 4-and-a-half. I used to play, but then my fellow players discovered the joy of blowing each other to bits (through QuakeIII-like-thingies), and my life as a promising D&D'er was no more...

8. Sol'Kanar Guest

I DM and five people play in my campaigns! It all started when one of them and myself were reading about the new rules in an Inquest magazine. We bought the rules books and got ourselves familiarized with 3E rules and then gathered some fodder. I mean players.

9. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Justed started a month or so ago and still learning the ropes.

10. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I used to play but I moved and there are no groups where I am. Im SO pissed off at that. I had just bought the 3e books too :(

11. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

raises his hand high, and flicks stuff at the teachers desk while she isn't looking

12. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I DM too!! Shura's in my campaign!! But i have no previous experience with 1st and 2nd ed so im starting to merge some of the Vampire The Masquerade rules and style into it. Too bad 2 of my 3 PCs are going into the army soon (national service, aha). So we won't be playin' in awhile.

13. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I've played a few Warhammer Fantasy campaigns (the medievil stuff not the table top wargame stuff) and I prefered that to what I have seen of the D&D stuff. I've also played in a Shadowrun campaign but thought the rules were far to slow and complex. I've only had very little expereince of actually playing in a D&D setting and that was 2nd edition rules (I think).

As for DMing, I've run loads of different campaigns with various groups using the StarWars WestEndGames rules. This is a great system for newbies as the rules are fairly simple which leads to fast game play with more focus on the actual roleplaying. Also people find it easier to relate to a Starwars setting as they've all seen the films. Though, I must admit, it doesn't lend itself to long term high level character development.

Unfortunaltey, I haven't been able to play for a few years now - there's never enough people around to get a group together.

14. Frog Gems: 12/31

Veteran

Iam a seasoned D&D player. Not quite advanced as some. But Iam here.

15. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Hardcore D&D player here. I started with 2nd ed. and as soon as 3rd was out, I switched. I like 3rd much better...

16. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

(First post on this forum. *drum roll*)

I play 3rd edition D&D and I like it more than AD&D. I also own/play/have played WFRP, Elric!, Shadowrun, LotFR and of course all computer games discussed on these forums...

17. Marek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

play when i get the chance, but it's tough 'cause both computer and "life" AD&D take a lot of time. it's getting harder to get friends to get together and play. the computer is always a push of a button away ...

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Um... I used to play, after a fashion... We'd draw a made-up map and someone would be the dungeon master then we'd just roll a die everytime to see what happened. It was mostly corny stuff like, I'd ask whether you wanted to pick up a certain sword, then if yes, I'd say it explodes, then we'd have a saving throw (of the die ;) ) to see whether you lived or died, or the classic damsel in distress in a cave, and when you'd go in it was a trap, the cave seals and you fight a sucubus without your party members. mostly made up stuff like that :)

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Voltric! You old fool! Where have you been? I havn't seen you ever since...well...ever since ever! Hah! You old tooth pick! Tell me whats been happening then? Where you been?

20. Mhalek Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I started with first edit 11 yrs. ago and have taken all the new editions in stride as they come. Right now my DM has fallen back on first edit again because it is hard to find modules for 20+ level characters. For example I am currently stuck in Pandemodium searching for the avatar of St. Gwahlier

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.