1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: What's the main reason you don't like a certain food?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

RTFT(itle)!!!!

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 31 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: What's the main reason you don't like a certain food? (31 votes.)

What's the main reason you don't like a certain food? (Choose 1)
    * Tastes bad - 39% (12)
    * Smells bad - 6% (2)
    * My sibling made it - 3% (1)
    * Tried it before and almost barfed - 29% (9)
    * Other (state reason) - 23% (7)

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Easy. Anything that makes you throw up or almost do so.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well if it tastes bad you certainly aren't going to like it

[ December 02, 2002, 08:24: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

4. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Taste would be the main reason why I would dislike certain food. Here in the Philippines we have a lot of food that most non-Filipinos might considered to have an "unfriendly smell" but actually taste very good. And a lot of Asian food are that way too.

5. silent_elf Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

things that generally dont taste nice and things that make me puke my brains out like 99% sugar foods etc

6. scarampella Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Give me a break! Like you even *try* it to see if it tastes bad! You guys are all about looks, I know it!!! ;)

For me, it's texture, oh, and smell. That can ward me off for sure.

7. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Nay, certain food looks and smell really bad but are really nice, and ofcourse the other way around.

I'm open for most things except for the really weird stuff: alive grasshoppers oysters stuff like that.

So I eat it and when I barf (or want to :rolleyes: ) I won't eat it next time.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    If it nearly makes me barf, then i don't eat it, even if it tastes good... like certain type of cake. You know, really sweet cake like birthday cake, that's all mushyinside? The mere sight of it makes me want to throw up. And will any of you say that cake tastes bad?

Ara
    (Ichi, ni, san, shi....)

9. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Arabwel, sir! Some cakes really do suck! Especially any cake with pecans, walnuts, coconuts, and any other nuts that I don't like.

10. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Depends on the certain food.

Ever tried durian? I didn't try it yet either, but boy does the stench drive you away! :aww:

But for me, things like liver or eggplant almost made me vomit.

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I'm willing to try almost anything, but texture has a lot to do with what makes it down my throat more than once.

Association can play some interesting tricks on the palate, as well. I once suffered through a bout of salmonella poisoning. Later, I was able to eat at the restaurant that was the source of the problem and even eat the same meal, but it was YEARS before I could so much as SMELL the last thing I ate before the full effects hit me (a kosher dill pickle, BTW).

12. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Other: It's healthy. :p

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

There is no such thing in my life, i eat it all. :D

14. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I am a regular garbage disposal, so I will eat anything... unless my sister "cooked" it!! Usually it is either over- or under-cooked, and that really chaps my hide. I want to send her to cooking school, just so that her poor husband won't have to eat her cooking anymore and suffer as I once did...

15. Faded Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

If it's too sweet, or if the taste is synthetic, I won't touch it. That also applies to beverages. (How Coca Cola managed to get popular is beyond me)

I am also a little biased against seafood, but that's for another topic I think ;)

16. ToTaL Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Taste is mostly the reason, but if something smells bad, i probably won't try it. But i admit that some things taste really good but smell like, hm,week used socks. If i somehow managed to try that and i found it good, i can eat it without problem (even the smell doesnt force me to throw up anymore)

Somethimes it is the texture or the apperiance. I admit.

I am also one of those that don't drink Coke, but then again i dont like sweet juices because when i was little i was too lazy to make them so i drank wather. And i got used to it. I drink mineral w.

17. Eze Gems: 24/31

I HATE mineral water. And all seafood, except normal fish. Bugs, slimy things and the stuff what stupid rich people call 'delicacies' and most of all, slugs. When, I see one, I go into hysterics.

Someone puts a platter of slugs before her and Eze whacks the idiot with her Crommie

18. nior Gems: 24/31

Just as I mentioned earlier, we have lots of food that smells bad (at least to most non-Filipinos) but taste good, durian is one of them. It's is abundant where I grew up, and I have learn to love that fruit both taste and smell. That fruit have a phrase that was actually coined by foreigners, and the phrase is: "The fruit that smells like hell... but taste like heaven."

BTW, it's an Asian-native fruit.

[ December 03, 2002, 17:56: Message edited by: nior ]

19. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I don't eat any dishes with internal organs in it (liver, brains, hearts), and don't eat anything that looks like it did when it was alive (snakes, chicken, lobster).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.