1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #8

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, May 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Ahoy! Me and me crew are settin' sail in search of glorious swag, like dubloons and treasure and stuff. Yar, me be a pirate!

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Alright, finally accumulated enough psychoticsm to continue on my Creativity Surge stories!

Been rather drained from working on the Maiden of Pain story for the last few months. Tell you what, people, if it doesn't get picked for the WOTC open novel call, I'll post the story here as fanfic. If it does...order it through SP and give Tal some pocket money! :D (unlikely, but one can only hope...)

Expect an Archon update sometime this week.

3. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Wyyuuuhuuu!!! <-- dont ask what's that.

Long time, long pages of posts on Babble topic it seems.

I just cant wait for this STUPID long school days to end.
    As soon as they do i'm getting NwN and playing on ALFA. As much as i heard about it 'till now it ROCKS. Go check here to see sample of all the cool stuff going on there.

And i've just realized a funny thing: School is a place where you learn unessential (lots of times even useless) stuff. What you need in day to day life you learn there. You learn to drive a bike, car and such simple matters.

Your opinion?

4. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Back from trip. Was kinda fun. Want sleep. Eurovision is soon.

Greece's 2002 year song stuck in my head.

Say, say, say, saaay the maaagic woooorrrdd..

BTW, even if I detest Jaheira, I can spell her name. Bye, bye people, seeya tomorrow.

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @8people: Quick typing is only an excuse in chatrooms, not on boards where you have to hammer the 'add reply' button thus confirming it's all ready and can be shown to the world.

Somehow I'm not even a native speaker, type 60 wpm in English, which is not my first language, and don't make such mistakes.

@Lordship: If one sucks at some name, he still notices that just about anyone spells it differently. Unless one doesn't care and that's not good. Really. PDNs can be copied and pasted, abbreviated or whatever.

6. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

Today is the first day of finals!! :eek:

Wish me luck!

7. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Today was good. very good. :p appart for some things...

Good things
    Missed a day of school.
    W00P! I finally got rid of my evil brace,
    My teeth don't actually look to bad having not seen the light of day for over 3 years.
    I have no vampire teeth!

This one was very unexpected. My Mother brought a Playstation 2 for me. I only have half the money to pay her back though... I need to find more cars to wash.
    Playstation comes with FFX (free) Happyhappyhappy!

Bad things
    Brace was painful to get off.
    I have to wear a retainer to keep my teeth from moveing back into their old postion
    Retainer is painful.
    It makes me speak with a lisp. :(
    Sister(12) is in strop that I got prezzie and she didn't.

GAH! My teeth hurt.

8. Eze Gems: 24/31

Yeah, I know. Siblings SUCK.

Give me your love, give me all of your love,. I am the one for yoouuuuu...

Just the eighties coming back, can you feel it, it's the eighties comin', eighties comin' baack

9. Iago Gems: 24/31

At chevalier

Maybe it is because you personally value othography and maybe even think, that it is a kind of decency to spell every word correctly, I personally do not. And I, personally, would find it very burdensome to tripple-check spelling and typo's before posting. Mainly because my spelling sucks anyway. And I think, as long one does not qualify for grammar moron of the week, it is ok. Auch was korrekt Geschriebnes forderst du Pedant? You demand something written and spelled correctly, you pedant ? :grin: :grin:

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Spelling is important, but it's not the only thing . . . there are those who spell perfectly here but they are still . . . I won't say, I'm too polite :evil:

On another note, I've hit 900 posts, I've got a new gem, and I'm happy as a pig in poo. All this joy will crash this weekend though -- my mother in law (speaking of pigs and poo) will be visiting on Saturday. Anyone wanna come up to Canada and break my leg for me?

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] If I start flaming or getting really nasty on the boards tomorrow, or tonight, please forgive me.

And I also want to warn anybody I know in RL as well.

12. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

*collapses onto the floor and withers in pain*

Stupid retainer. I woke up this morning and it felt like all my teeth were gonna fall out. :(

Woke up early to play around on my new PS2, playing on of those bright, colourful epileptic fit inducing games.

how fuN!

Gah. I need more painkillers. Paracetamole (sp?) just isn't enough. :eek:

13. Platypus Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The irony of this whole spelling debate is that a lot of the most famous works of English literature were written with somewhat haphazard spelling - like all of Shakespeare's work, for example.

@ Frostbite: Retainers suck, and so does Paracetemol. I don't know if you can get better painkillers, but try Neurofen or something... I know it's for headaches, but many things are better than damn paracetemol.

14. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Platypus: agreed on classics, but sometimes the spelling of a word wasn't prefectly fixed at the time being and in mediaeval times written language was subordinate to spoken language except ancient languages like Latin or Greek (but in those cases pronunciation rules were practically nonexistent), so the text was only to sound like respective words in spoken language when read.

@LKD:
    Ekhm... I sense evil intent in that. Should I kill you? ;)

15. Eze Gems: 24/31

LKD: Spill it. I have had many people hating me before and I sure as hell don't mind.

I'm gonna buy the Eurovision CD today. Kewl. : )

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Lol I've just seen Chevaliar's location thing :D

My influence blesses the faithful ;)

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] This is my :roll: :spin: 3.333th post !!! :roll: :spin: :square: ... and a splendid example on what quality spam actually is ;)

18. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

But hey, at least it was spam with a lot of smilies in it... that at least has redeming value.

19. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I turn 34 in 3 days....

20. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I was not referring to anyone who mentioned my post -- no, I don't hate you, Eze or my good buddy Chevalier. I'm too polite to mention those who I dislike -- see my name? LORD Keldin Depaara -- that's because I'm high class nobility, and such people never stoop to slagging their fellow man ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.