1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Just a suggestion

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Modjahed, Feb 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Who's been dissing my countries topic eh? C'mon put your dukes up and we'll settle this now!

2. Duskai Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I think you are ALL whacko...wheeee wibble! :p

3. I think it's a great idea. :D

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Haha, that's our Syl. Never admit to being wrong, even if the truth stares you in the face.
    I'm looking forward to seeing this implemented on your site Syl. You can then enlighten me as to how you added this feature.
    But until you have it up, please don't bother bringing the issue up again. And I think I'm repeating myself here, I've said the same words before.

So to express myself better: Start something like this again and I'll take away your moderator privileges until you show me that you can make the same thing on your message boards. I don't need smartasses trying to provoke me all the time, especially if they have moderator status here.

I think I've made myself CRYSTAL clear now.

5. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Make it easier on yourself.

Just remove me from the site period and expect nothing further from me. Period.

Ho-hum and a bottle of rum!

Syl...

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Unfortunately, I've stopped expecting anything from you some time ago. But thanks for all the efforts you've made while you still cared.

It was fun while it lasted, but it's time to move on. Therefor I'm promoting Blackthorne TA to the full status of Wizard. BTA has been with us for a long time and has proven himself worthy of the title many times over. I'm sure he'll continue to give you his finest in the future as well.

BTA, please e-mail me so we can talk about the details.

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Ouch! Not the best circumstances for a promotion, but I'm glad you have such high regard for me... I hope the rest of you feel the same...

I'll email you when I get home, or you can email me if you want at the address in my profile...

8. Duskai Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

ha! i said it first :)

9. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] YAY for BTA!!! :D

10. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm sorry it had to be this way too, but there's no sense in beating around the bush now. The show must go on...
    Just mail me when you get home.

11. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Hey Sniper, never in the world I had anything against your topic. It was a mere example of where the conversation can wag.

And Syl, I hate to see something like that happen. But I know for myself that there are periods in life, when you just stop caring. It is only passing.
    What is interesting though, that I remember the time back in summer, when after a couple of posts (mine included) on the IWD board, where we suggested that for doing such a good job on the solution and helping people so much (in fact Syl had more posts than ANYONE back then) he should be promoted. The next day he became a Wizard.

*deep sigh* Yeah, life goes on...

12. Lo Guest

Possibly Syl was provoking u to do that, Tal, in which case u missed the light.

I guess I'm relatively new here and can only speak for myself, but it would sadden me that u would go to such measures to discipline(?) Sylvus Moonbow. He adds colour to these boards, like nobody else does and punishing him for being himself is useless.

Not that I have anything against BTA, congrats, man...and why not just have one more Wizard?

I really hate telling people how they should behave and how to live their life, or run their business, so I'm not very comfortable with this post. It's your boards, Tal, and u can do whatever u want. But u should also learn to let some people let be...and they will surprise u, I promise u.

Syl is so pissed off at BG2 because he fell in love with it, before it even came out. Look at the archive, there u guys discussin the game in October...Yet somehow he hasn't managed to finish it :) He's really dissapointed and nurturing a broken RPGlover heart. To love something and then realise it's a fake (even if just in his own mind) is a rather ... unpleasant experience.
    There's an evil side to Syl. But it's also a good side. I can understand the frustration of a player trying to find the third part of the rod, or keep searching for the hidden treasures. I was myself kinda thinking of taking on the ridiculous Airie just to see those wings grow back...Well u can get mad at him all u want, but u've got to admit it's pretty funny and what an imagination! :)

Syl, just sit down and make up your ending of BG2 I would love to read it, and who cares about the solution, there's plenty of them around for those who haven't finished the game 5 times yet...

Stop fighting with each other, there's plenty of usage for your swords elsewhere!

*oops, I certainly didn't write that ;)

And Happy Valentine's day, everyone!

Love ya all, Lola.

13. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Jeeks, stay away from here for a day and the world has turned upside down. That's what you get when dealing with a tyrant I suppose :D

Anyway, congratulations on your promotion, Blackthrone! Talking about Mods, actually, where did Nazgul go ? I wasn't around when he got his promotion, so I'm not sure if he's "supposed" to post here, I just find it odd that one of the Mods we simply don't get to see. Oh well, he probably thinks he's Ao, the Hidden One :)

14. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Lo, you have a few good points there, if I had made this decision rashly and out of the blue, but I haven't, even if it looks like that to you.
    It's been coming for some time, it just needed a bit more pushing to go over the edge. You haven't been around long enough to know everything that's been going on that has led to this.

15. Lo Guest

I did my research, Tal... But I guess nobody but u two know what happened between u two privately. And at that I can only wash hands...
    I know I don't want Syl to leave, and I think I'm not the only one. U r right, u have been pushing each other pretty hard. And he was doing what's IRL world would be called undermining authority of the superior officer hehe. But the thing is, this is not real world, these are Boards of Magick, grown on fantasy and dreams....So maybe new solutions could be found here besides trite ostrakism. How about I cast couple of charm spells on you, followed by friends? ;)

Sorry for my English, I'll correct it later, once I feel better...

16. Taluntain

Media:
    Ostracism would involve too much broken pottery, so I made the most environment-friendly decision. ;)

Besides, Syl demanded I remove him himself. He hasn't been banned or anything, he's free to post here same as always. The only thing I've done is remove his Wizard status.
    And if that's all he was here for, well then ask him to come back, not me. Can't help you here, sorry.

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Lo, those 2 are always bickering like brother and sister ;) so you will eventually get used to it! :D

18. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yikes! Ah, well, it was expected, and I can't say I'm suprised to see it in a public forum no less. All the other taunts and arguments were taken up similarly. I won't even bother expressing my opinion. No need to feed the fire, let sleeping dogs lie, etc. Perhaps this thread should be closed. Must...stop...rambling...now.

Disturbed!

19. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I think Crawl is right. I think this thread should be closed. As far as Lo not being around long enough to know everything... Well I have. I've been on this board since the start and I have seen I lot of stuff. I have a lot of respect for both Tal and Syl. They both have put a lot of work into this board. A board that has brough a lot of enjoyment to over 1,000 people. I can't speak for everyone, but for myself it has been great.

I know Tal and Syl have fought but what happen was not a great surprise, but I hate to see Syl go. Tal is the webmaster and it is his site, but I hope Syl still shares his thoughts with us.

I think enough has been said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.