1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Chatroom => Talutain

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Nightal, Dec 29, 2000.

1. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Why is there never anybody in the Chatroom when I am, I think my timezone (of the country) differs 2 hours from Tal,so Tal on wich hours are you in the chatroom??

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm usually on from 9pm forward. How much forward depends. Yesterday we had a nice chat and I stayed up till 1am today. Don't remember when I did that last.
    I'm in GMT+1 zone, so calculate when I'm online yourself.
    I have a few ideas how we'll make the chatroom more popular. Regular hours when I'm online should be one of them, plus spreading the chatroom code to any site that wishes to put it up. That should bring a few more people in.

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Having Taluntain or Syl in there should draw more people in. Maybe the site could start doing themed chats with a set time and date. I think might help bring in the uninitiated(like myself). Also, just a thought, but what about getting special guests. I seem to see a lot of news posts on this site about chats or chat logs with game developers, etc. That would be nice.

4. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Good ideas, all of them. I try to drop by every day at around 10pm (give or take an hour). Sylvus has been MIA for a while, but hopefully he'll get back soon.
    As for chats with developers... If you look around you'll see that usually only news sites and unrelated sites (or sites wanting to draw some attention they can't get otherwise) do them.
    I'd love to do chats like that if I had the time. But such things take a lot of planning if you want them to work right. Time I unfortunately do not have. Taking care of the site just about takes all of my free time.
    Maybe in the near future.

5. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Here is an idea that can make it a load better.

Totally stop using the EF Net channels and only use the PlanetZ channel.

6. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] I just did with the last site update. Today.

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Hey there!

I wanted to check out the chatroom, but all I'm geting is a gray screen. The window at the bottom of Explorer says: "Load class: Conference Room not found."

Any suggestions on getting it running? Or is the pc I'm on just a POS? Any assistance would be appreciated!

~Bel

8. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I like the idea of regulated and particular time chats, this way I don't spend time just sitting in there waiting for someone to join and then leaves when I miss them saying "HI!"

Syl...

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sir Belisarius - I had that problem once before... I think it is a problem with the chatroom host site; it appears that the browser is trying to download a java class and fails (for whatever reason). It was temporary for me...

10. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Reloading the page should help.

11. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Just a post to see how far off your timezone is from mine, Tal. At least I'm hoping the posting times are on your time :)

Well, judging from my guess(as I don't have a time zone map, nor do I know the zones outside the US), you are 7 hours ahead of the Central US timezone. Gives me some idea when you might be on. If I'm right, hope to catch you in there sometime.

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited January 04, 2001).]

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  13. Taluntain

Media:
    Yea, the posting times on the boards are tailored to my time zone. Selfish, I know. :D
    Btw, the time zone is GMT+1.

14. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Still no chatting for me :(

I'm still getting the dreaded gray screen. Do I just have a Piece o' crap browser or what? Any suggestions?

15. Myrthos Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

If it doesn't work, you can always try to use mIRC. Septic has made a description for it here

16. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] Belisarius, do you have java and java script enabled? Unless you do, the java applet won't load right.

It should work like a charm after you turn it on. Note that it takes a while for the chatroom to load...

17. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Thanks everyone! I'll give it a shot!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.