1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Puns

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Christopher_Lee, Feb 26, 2002.

1. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I feel that it is a new dawn for the ivory white cleaning aisles in grocery stores. A new era of cleaning products, sweeping in like a tide of lava, that will wisk away dirt forever, has begun. These products pledge to dial in on dirt and soap scum with a cascade of determination. They are bold and brawny, with little to loose and much to gain. These fine heroes bring much joy and cheer to millions around the world. Take the time to salute your local cleaning aisle the next time you pass by.

3. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] CL turns up naked to a fancy-dress party with only a girl clinging on to his back. the host confronts him, asking where his costume is. CL points to his back "This is me costume... ahm a snail, and this is Michelle!". :hahaerr:

edit: hold on, just red big bee's message... um, what?!

[This message has been edited by the god (edited February 26, 2002).]

4. Donovan Bane Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Guy walks into a bar and askes the bartender for a light... the bartender pulls out a huge cigarette lighter for the guy... the guy askes "Where did you get that big lighter"... the bartender replies "See that little man at the end, he's a genie, and if you ask him he'll grant you a wish, but he's hard of hearing so you'll have to speak up."... the guy couldn't contain his curiousity so he walked over to the little man and asked him if he was a genie... the little man said "Sure am and I'll give you one wish"... the man hardly believeing this asked for a million bucks... just then a million ducks flew into the bar... he man thanked the genie and went back to the bartender "Well, you were right, that genie is hard of hearing"... the bartender replied "I told you, do you think I would wish for a 12 inch Bic."

5. DemoGorgon Guest

LOL! Love that last one!!

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I heard that one, but the bartender had a 12 inch pianist ;) :lol:

In rural Alabama old Ned had an ornery goat. This goat was vicious, and broke through every rope, strap or harness that he had.

So Old Ned read a book on how to cure leather and found out that it would get stronger if it was soaked in vinegar. Taking the advice, Ned bought a new leather harness and soaked it in vinegar. He let it dry, and soaked it again. For weeks he soaked & dried the harness until he was sure it would hold anything.

Taking the Vinegar laden harness he slipped it over the vicious goat's head. As the last step, he slipped the leather mouth strap (still tasting of vinegar) into the goat's mouth.

Well the goat tasted all the vinegar and through a tantrum. He ripped the harness out of Ned's hand, and chased him into the house. Ned barely closed the door before the goat got him, and sat in horror as the goat continued to voice its wrath on his stoop.

Just then an old wiseman walked past and said, "This proves the ancient adage ... build a bitter mouth-strap and the world with bleat in wrath at your door"

[This message has been edited by Mathetais (edited February 26, 2002).]

7. Donovan Bane Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Naked woman walks into a bar holding a duck under her arm... bartender says "We don't serve pigs"... woman says "This sir is a duck"... bartender replies "I was talking to the duck"

8. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] From my dear-old-dad ....

One warm spring day at the zoo a large crowd gathered by the porpoise tank in fascination. The two fishy mammals were engaging in the activity that most mammals engage in during Springtime (use your imagination ;) )

Well, the Zoo-Keeper was aghast! He couldn't have children watching this, but he had no clue how to stop them. He couldn't really throw water on them.... then an idea hit him. The only thing porpoises like better than sex is FOOD ... gull meat to be exact.

So the Zoo-Keeper took of in a run for the supply shed. The Crowds blocked his normal path, so he took a short-cut through the lion cage .... fortunately the lion was over 20 years old and tended to sleep most of the day.

Grabbing the gull meat, the Zoo-keeper re-traced his steps. He jumped over the lion, left the lion cage ... and was arrested by two FBI agents.

"What did I do?" He asked in shock.

"You are under arrest for transporting a gull over a stayed lion for immoral porpoises!"

9. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

A buddhist goes up to a hotdog vendor and says "make me one with everything".

10. Big B good one..I think im the only one that got that, or atleast the only one that posted saying as much.

Man walked into a bar...damn he shoulda ducked.

[edit] --to anyone that didnt get Big B's punish paragraph--
    if you read through it closely, you will notice that the words are very carefully chosen so that it is using the brand names of cleaning products. hope that helps. [/edit]

[This message has been edited by DeBhaal Stasion (edited March 01, 2002).]

11. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Ok? You wanna maybe share this with the other children so we can all laugh? :)

12. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] i'm a pun-loving guy. :lol: (river phoenix is dead)

13. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Pun-loving! I love it ;). Yeah as DeBhaal Stasion put it, all of these are brand names of cleaning products:

-Dawn
    -Ivory
    -Era
    -Tide
    -Lava
    -Wisk
    -Pledge
    -Dial
    -Cascade
    -Bold
    -Brawny
    -Gain
    -Joy
    -Cheer

:grin: I used to work in a grocery store. Stocking the shelves on the cleaning aisle was always a fun one ;). Whoops, make that a "pun" one :p.

14. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Don't squeeze the shaman!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.