1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Annoying key

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shell, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Just wondering whether anyone else finds the # key annoying..... I'm always pressing it by accident when I go to enter some text

2. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I always press the Enter key when I mean to press Shift, so it really screws me up somtimes.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Its almost impossible to accidently press # with my keyboard :)

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, you know how sometimes I have some REALLY weird, all screwed up punctuation in my post`? That's because I switch the layout of the keys between several different ones, so the characters often don't match the keys! And if i have to change 'puters, it may get even weirder...

Yeah, keys scmeys sux :p

(Elrond.... how about you put on these sunglasses and...)

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Well, when I´m high on coffee I can type blind

B L I N D ... :spin:

I mean without looking :rolleyes:

But for me, it really weird if I just "accidentaly" press [Shift] + [3]

6. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well, Capslock occASIONALLY.

:grin: :holy:

7. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You are no doubt going to tell what happens, yes?

8. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm used to having long delete buttons, so when I had one where the delete button was half the size I kept pressing the + button :mad:

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I often switch the keys on my alphasmart keyboard to make rude wordsearches during French :evil:

10. Magiens Materialis Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I press CAPlocKS accidentaly kinda often.

11. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The insert key. This wreaks havoc when you are typing out essays. There's no light on the keyboard like there is for NumLock or CapsLock (and what the heck is ScrollLock? I've never used it before), so there's no way to tell if you've pressed INS or not.

Usually I mean to hit backspace instead of insert. So when I edit written passages, I hit backspace to delete something and then type in the correction... and before I know it, I've overwritten everything that I had written out in front! :mad:

12. SoCo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Im on a laptop so when numberlock is on, about 6 of the letters show up as numbers because they share the same key. Its very annoying.

13. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

@Blog: I always thought scroll lock was supposed to stop the page from automatically scrolling when you type over the bottom of the screen. But the quite obviously doesn't work.
    It probably used to do stuff on old 386 programs and is left on the keyboard for nostalgic purposes.

14. Charlie Gems: 14/31

I don't think it was even used on a 386. I don't recall using it on my 286. IIRC it's for DOS.

15. Morgoth

Media:
    Almost anything text-based, so that means *NIX as well

16. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Hmmm.. I think Charlie is right. You know how DOS sometimes prints out a whole slew of text very quickly, and you have no time to read any of it? (except the part at the bottom when it stops of course) Maybe ScrollLock is used to "pause" the system so you can read the output.

17. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I'm used to having a large left shift key, but since I have a new keyboard, with a smaller shift key, I keep pressing the \ key next to it.

18. Morgoth

Media:
    Well it is! I still use it sometimes in Linux

LOCKing the SCROLLing text??

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.