1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's your REAL first name?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Z-Layrex, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Everyone has such cool names! :)

Mine sounds Boring.
    OH! I'm Alice btw.

And I don't wantto hear NO-Body making any refferencese to Alice in Wonderland. Damn I hate that...

Frosty.

2. Bhaerau Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

David

3. zepert Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Sebastiaan

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Sebastion. That's the name of our French teacher, now I'm paranoid as I had a nightmare that he came onto the boards :cry:

btw - Alice in Wonderland - :evil: Oh I just love school

Thank the eight I was not named Pinky! My parents wanted to call me that :wail: the thought Pinky Meharry sounded CUTE!

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Ashamed about your names?? See these few:

Got a cousin called Arwen and her brother is called Aragorn...

loving Tolkienstuff, ok
    but dont bring that into the family :rolleyes:

My teacher(hellspawn) is named Toby, every time I see him I´ve got a great urge of running to him and tell him I named my dog after him. (No silly, of course my dogs name aint Toby -even though its a dogs name-, then I´ll get nightmares everytime is see the dog

[ November 18, 2002, 20:32: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

6. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

You know, I didn't think it was possible to have a three page post about names...I didn't realize there were that many people on the board. And yes, everyone DOES have really cool names ~^_^~. I'm quite jealous.

7. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Evgueniy (Eugene in English) - it comes from Greek "Eugenuis" - meaning "Noble".

8. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Pleeeeease dont laugh..

Mine's Rebecca. Rebecca Louise. :o

Teeny/Becky
    (Going red)

9. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Just noticed this whole trend of telling what your name means so here's my contribution.

Johnathan: The Gift of Jehova.

I'm assuming 'Jehova' can be replaced with whatever deity you choose, but that's exactly what the big book o' names said.

10. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Rod

11. Camlan Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Mine is Alberto, the spanish form of Albert. It is a german name and it means 'noble & bright'

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    My first name is Mari, as in Virgin Mary but nó one except the people at the Doctor's call me thatt.. it's a family tradition to have some version of the name Mary in a girl's name.

My middle name is Elisa. No one calls me that, either. People seem to think that my firast two nimes are written togeter as Marjaliisa, which they are NOT.

People call me by my third name, which is Johanna, a very popular girl's name in Finland. It originally comes from John the Babtist, I think.

Then, add my last name which is the name of my mother's dead husband who is not in any way, shape or form genetically related to me, and you get my name.

Ara
    (If I ever write a book, I'll use a pseudonym)

13. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Rebecca is a nice name... you should not be ashamed of it...

14. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

My real name is Bezelbub

I think I was named after someone famous, but I can't remember who.

15. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Um, Nutrimat, I really doubt that your name is Bezelbub.

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Lol,

IIRC bezelbub was one of satan servants, the name reminds me of that demon anyways, correction here pleez

[ November 21, 2002, 22:09: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

17. Nutrimat Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Allright, you got me
    It's Mattheulokronosakivasendiabyunvalarto

No, seriously, it's Matt
    All these people have cool names, and mine is just boring. My middle name is Eric, which is a little better (Vikings!), but no one ever calls me that. My dad's side of the family, being mostly Italian and insistent on calling everyone by thier full names, calls me Matthew, which I can't stand.

When I was in high school, I once convinced a new teacher that my name was Freddy Krueger. She called me that for months! Guess she never saw A Nighmare on Elm Street. My cover was blown when I ran into her walking down the hall with another teacher. She said "Hi Freddy!". The other teacher looked at me and said "Freddy?!?".

18. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

[​IMG] Dudette_:
    You just reminded of a set of funny (yet somewhat cruel) :hahaerr: jokes, and I'll only tell them with an extraordinary amount of pleadings to add a new anecdote to their monologue.

19. Mauricio Eiji Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

My real name is Maurício Eiji de Almeida Santos Yama****a. I'm a half-breed, hehe. Half Japanese, a quarter italian, a quarter portuguese and brazillian all the way. hehe.
    Mauricio means something like "dark haired, brunnet", and my middle name "Eiji" means something like good man, or something (if there's a japanese somewhere around here, tell me what it means exactly, please). My last surname "Yama****a" means "man under the mountain" (again, not sure)

Now, some of the names posted here:

- Gift from god is actually Theodore, Teodoro, etc... I think.
    - And Belzebub is a corruption of Baal Zeubub, wich was a mesopotamic deity, I belive. The name was "borrowed" by the catholic church, catholics regarded gods from other religions as demons. In time Baal Zebub became belzebub. Some other demons (who where gods): Belphegor (Baal of Fegor); Thamuz or Tammuz; Dagon or Dagan.
    Some other Demon names:

Belial
    Asmodeu or Asmodeus
    Succor Benoth
    Kobal
    Verdelet
    Nybbas
    Wierus

20. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

*deleted*

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.