1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What's your REAL first name?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Z-Layrex, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Tarol'azh a.k.a.Tobias Banned

[​IMG] Mathetais, I have a feeling you like Monty Python... :hmm:

My first name is Chris (Christopher, Cristobal [Spanish]). It means 'gift from God (or something like that).' :angel: :good: :holy:

[ November 11, 2002, 16:18: Message edited by: Tarol'azh ]

2. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] GARETH m Welsh, English
    Pronounced: GAR-eth
    Meaning unknown, probably of Welsh origin. In later Arthurian legends Gareth was a knight of the Round Table, the brother of Sir Gawain.

3. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

My kids names (which happen to be more interesting than my own) Are Stormie Alexandria and Kyrra Rae. Kyrra is supposed to just be a variation of Cairo (yes, I like Egypt) but I found out that it also means lady-like in Greek. Stormie's just stormy. Her father named her.

4. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Martin, but Marty to pretty much everyone.

It's Latin for 'warlike' and 'unyielding.' :p

5. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Jennifer. It means "pale lady" (very appropriate as I'm blonde and had very white hair and skin as a kid). My parents named me in France, after a pastry shop "Patisserie Jennifer", and were so pleased to have given me an unusual and old-fashioned name, then moved to Canada where approximately 98% of the population is named Jennifer. :rolleyes:

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] MMMMmmmmmm....Jennifer...!!! I mean, pastry!!! (that Homer Simpson drool sound) Mmmmm... :grin: :spin: :roll:

7. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

98% named Jennifer in Canada? Didn't notice that so much of the population was female :D

So I guess I'm in that little 2% range. I'm Gary, and I'd prefer that it's not pronounced the British way.

8. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

John here. My sister's name is Jennifer and, you'll note, I live in Canada.

Yeah, my parents were real creative when they came up with those two...

9. scarampella Gems: 10/31

My name is Laura, which means 'kiss my ass' in American :hahaerr:

p.s.
    doesn't this guy :sick: look like he's smokin' ?

10. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    My first name is Max, which has gotten me called so many different nick names by people that I've lost count; maximillion, mad max, maximillion my hero (don't ask), max powers, max payne, max damage, and, strangest of all, maxturbator (again, don't ask)

11. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

Mikkel Dahl Foss. As you probably can guess, Foss is not my first name, and neither is Dahl. That leaves Mikkel, which happens to be my first name. And Mikkel like various other m-names means Michael.

12. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

mine is gerard. Not the french pronunciation, but the Dutch one. This is rather close to the German Gerhard only the g sounds more like someone scraping his throath and no h. Its an old germanic name, meaning brave spearwarrior :eek: :D .

13. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Kevin. My mother is from Ireland.

14. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Beelzebub

15. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Shralp - I thought your first name was "Sparky?!?!"

16. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

You're thinking of what your mom calls me: Spanky.

17. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Bel ... Sharlp ... stop that.

You made me bust out laughing in the middle of the office.

Now everyone knows I'm crazy.

(That was supposed to be a secret!)

:good:

18. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] My name is also Christopher, which actually means a "bearer of Christ". My middle name is Page, which means a messenger. I leave you to ponder whether these names are appropriate...

19. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My FULL Name means:

Powerful noble born maiden who is bitter and Gods gift of grace. I haven't a clue what my sirname means though :confused:

20. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

im from Sweden and my name is:
    Carl EMIL Ferdinand Fredriksson... but i am going to change my last name to Rutkowzki couse my father is from Germany and thats his original game... well...

See Ya

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.