1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

I have a confession to make

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Drizzt, Jul 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drizzt Banned

[​IMG] Well...um...I have something to tell everyone here...I'M GAY! THAT'S RIGHT! A FLAMING HOMO! I had to tell you this, because I just felt it would be the right thing to do, share with my friends. So any of you young handsome fellas wanna hook up? I'd be happy to see you any time!

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
  3. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

hmm, who woluld win a fight, Drizzt: Gay or Drizzt: Not gay?

A paradox?

I dont think so...

4. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Share with your friends... what?

IOW time again Tal!!!

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited July 27, 2001).]

5. Drizzt Banned

I AM GAY OK??? Are you prejudice against gays or something motherfucker? Huh? I'll kick your fucking ass! So fuck off!

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well there are no rules about not being allowed to express sexual orientation here on the boards, so I suppose I could let it be.

Unfortunately Drizzt here spammed his topic in every forum on the boards, repeated it at least twice in Whatnots alone, swore in his posts (repeatedly, again just now) and acted quite in line with the Idiot of the Week title he lost only a few days ago. (Besides changing his e-mail to a fake so that mods can't mail him privately.)

So I have no other choice but to take your posting privileges away Drizzt. After you study the Rules/FAQ at http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/faq.html IN DETAIL you can contact me and I'll allow you to post here again. Take a few days off.

If you try to get around it by registering anew, I'll ban your ass for good and you can say bye-bye to these boards.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 27, 2001).]

7. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Drizzt;

Honestly, I have never seen an anti-gay sentiment on this forum. From what I've seen, people here are very open and tolerant whether you are gay (like you), a Christian (like me) , or from Belgium (like Kevlar ;) ).

If you felt hostility in the posts above this, its from your attitude about this subject, not from your sexual orientation. It is not because of who you are, rather, because of how you've chosen to express yourself.

One thing to remember is that we have a collective memory of about 30 seconds. So if you follow Tal's advice, once you're back on the forum it will be like nothing happened. You'll just be another friend who happens to be gay.

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I do have to spam a bit more here.

I don't care what you are, where you live, what you do, etc, etc.

But if you turn to be a nice person on these boards, that's what in fact matters to me.

Confessing something or not is your own choice, but as Tal said, you don't have to make fuss of it.

9. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

No need to go balistic or anything. I didn't see anything that would really be "anti-gay" any where.

It's no big deal, seriously.

The only slightly prejuituce(gees, sp) thing on these boards is if you are american like me. :p

j/k

[This message has been edited by jack-of-all-trades (edited July 27, 2001).]

10. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Actually, I think there is a large chance that Drizzt was simply trying to provoke a reaction. I'd put at least 50-50 that he's not actually gay -- just young. But hey I could be wrong.

11. Alex Gems: 12/31

Veteran

However my post may have indicated, I am not homophobic. However I do believe Drizzt is just being dumb and trying to provoke a reaction hence the IoW comment.

12. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

Sigh.

You know i dont really care what a persons sexuall preferences are and I agree that this might be a case of posting such a topic just to see what the responce would be.
    Actually I had managed to miss that there was an IOW. Maybe this meens I quallify but...

Oh Well, to each his/her own.

13. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Well I feel a rant coming on...

OK people here are too nice to be prejudiced against gay/lesbian people, good on ya guys and gals you all rule. Except Wizardry_IV, grrr... :mad:

Anyways what I hate is realf life prejudice - I have lots of gay friends andI hate the way people treat them, especially where I live in the North of England (permanently stuck in the stone age). Every single time it is all "ooh come and sit on my knee big boy" or something retarded like that.

It makes me see red.

14. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

ive no opinions on the matter, but why did you feel compelled to post that? its not like it matters to us.

15. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31

/me has a though.

so your telling me that kevlars stupidity is his own thing?

*shrug*

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I have no problems with gays...in fact i could probably be good friends with them...and i wouldn't have a problem with a gay...unless one decides to try his luck with me...then he would get a sought of warning and if he persists then byebyes! Looks like i might have to make an advancement of my own...a black eye.

But apart from that, i'm cool with gays...

17. I'd have to go with Capstone on this one, I think he is simply bluffing. Why would he feel the need to go out on these boards and tell alot of people he doesn't even know that he is gay....

If I had been gay I think I would have been offended by his topic.

If you should happen to be gay, I apologise, but there really is no reason to tell me about your sexual preferances, cause it doesn't matter to me.

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Just a thought - what if Drizzt just chose to out himslef as gay because he didn't manage to type pyromaniac? Given this is correct, he wanted to say "I'M PYROMANIAC! THAT'S RIGHT! A FLAMING PYROMANIAC! and his topic is perhaps an attempt to steal Mathetais avatar!

Considering his posting behavior I think that at least maniac could be close to the truth.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited July 27, 2001).]

19. Vicsun Gems: 9/31

Yes, what if I am prejudice against gays? What are you going to do?

Anyway I really think that this guy is just Trolling, I don't even believe he's gay...

20. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Hey Tal you should have a look at Demogorgon, he has been a pain in the backside on these boards and especially in the chat room!

He says stuff like "Demogorgon farted" in the chatroom and immature stuff like that!

I know it's none of my business to tell you this but he has been getting on my nerves a lot lately.
    I am sure i am not the only one that has been annoyed by his childish behaviour.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.