1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

For the Power of Evil!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Koveras, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Koveras Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hi. I've been thinking. Doesn't it occur to you guys that there should be a "Protection from Good" Spell, for the evil characters? It doesn't make much sense that you have one without the other. And what about a "Protection from Neutrality" spell? By all accounts, it's just strange. Any thoughts you guys?

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That's a good idea...since you suggested it, I think you should be the one who makes it. I would, but I have an items pack to write scripts for. :bang:

Oh, that reminds me...make sure that good characters can't cast a "Protection From Good" spell...we wouldn't want anyone to be protected from themselves! :shake: :grin: :rolling:

3. The Silver Bear Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Yeah, that's a fact! It's a big mistake the lack of these kinda spells. Although there are a few spells wich are against Good characters, there are much more of those that affect Evil ones (like Holy Smite...so why not Unholy Smite???)! Can you imamige casting Unholy Smite against those paladins (those with illusions of monsters upon them) in Windspear Hills? Great, huh!

4. Kowalski Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Isn't it true that the game isnt very well suited for evil characters? I mean if you play an evil party you would want a low rep all of the time, but that gives few or no advantages. I visited the temple of Talos with my evil party to meet some evil friends but there was no fun there at all.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    You are absolutly true! but you do not fight as many monster "good" as "evil". Anyway in FnP (Feather and Perchment) 3E their is, at least in clerical spell the evil version of many many spell...
    Bless...Bane
    Cure...Inflict
    Protection evil...Protection Good

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Protection from Neutrality, if it existed, would be an odd spell. I mean, you see Protection from Fire and Protection from Cold. But is there a Protection from Reasonably Comfortable Temperatures?

*sigh* There is Unholy Blight, which is the evil Holy Smite. Which, curiously, good Clerics may cast.

Indeed, the game is not suited well for Evil characters. I believe they gain less experience with evil choices. I don't mind that. I wouldn't want some 10-year-old playing SoA and deciding that the life of evil is better than being a decent person.

[ March 09, 2003, 23:07: Message edited by: C'Jakob ]

7. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

well, the game can't be friggin' perfect. I mean, it's a game. One thing that I wish they would do is make a Baldur's Gate 3. Perhaps you play you son from BG2 that you made with you romantic interest. Of course there would be as many racial choices I spose though.

8. Koveras Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Heh heh. I like that. Protection from Reasonably Comfortable Temperatures. But seriously, there is a Protection from Neutrality spell in the DM Handbook I'm working from. But I am not all too good at making spells, so I can't really make them myself...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.