1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Apprentices

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Gunthar, Aug 1, 2000.

1. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Hey Taluntain, how does the ranking system work? I've got more posts then Lord Bane and he is now an apprentice while I'm a stinking acolyte. :confused:

[This message has been edited by Gunthar (edited August 01, 2000).]

2. Gunthar Gems: 7/31

Nevermind I just got apprenticed. But how does the system work anyways?

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Ok this is how it goes:

0-50 posts -> Acolyte
    51 and more posts -> Apprentice
    An assistant moderator (none yet) -> Wizard
    Owner & main moderator - Sorcerer

And in case you were wondering, there'll always be just one Sorcerer. :p

It was 21 and more for Apprentice a while back, but I changed it to 51 now (make it a bit more challenging).
    So the explanation why some got Apprentice before that is, well, they made those 20 posts before I changed the limit and their status remained...
    All new people will have to play by the new rules though. ;)

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited August 01, 2000).]

4. Gunthar Gems: 7/31

Thanks, thats what I wanted to know.

5. Dark Phoenyx Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

How does one get to be an assistant moderator?

6. hooligan_inc Guest

Hey, d'ya think that when BG2 comes out Taluntain is gonna put kits onto the system like in the games? You know, 100 or more posts on Planescape Torment = Cavalier.

Or something.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The are just 4 statuses that I can use for the entire msg boards system so no, that won't happen unfortunately...

8. Mox Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

hehe kits would be nice...i know it sounds stupid after all the sites "sorcerers" probably explains why there are no sirs, or lords, or reverend...

9. caimenking69 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

why don't u call the acylytes peons or something like that.. what u do is have it like a village, the lowest could be "village idiot", and the second could be "town drunk", and then we could call the moderators "sheriffs" (yea baby, diricting traffic), and the head guy " guy with three cornered hat" :)

10. I just thought it fitting that I make my apprenticeship in this thread :cool:

[This message has been edited by Lord Balduran (edited August 26, 2000).]

11. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

No matter what status I would be given for number of post's I think I'd always be known as the "site drunk". Or at least I hope so....(lol)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.