1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Worst music and artists in the whole world

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Elios, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I am going to be the Devil Advocate. I engjoy listening to metallica. Now you can say that they can't play a guitar, or they can't sing. I don't care, sure they are not my favorite band, but some of their song, are tied with good memories of growing up. So I listen to them. Maybe it's the fact that they are sort of hard, but don't go crazy, or maybe the fact that it is an easy beat, but mostly it's the fact that they did something most metal bands have not done, play with an orchestra.

Don't say that the only reason I started to listen to them was because of pop-music. I grew up without MTV or MuchMusic. I listen to what ever sounds good, anything form SteroLab, MassiveAttack, BetaBand, to System of a Down, and Alice in Chains. Call me crazy, you won't be the first.

The band that I hate the most is Filter.

2. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I hate Jennifer Lopez. I HATE Jennifer Lopez. I despise, loathe, detest, and HATE HATE HATE Jennifer Lopez! No talent, commercialized, packaged, wanna-be thug pop-star trash! URGH.

3. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] So then, yoouu hate Jennifer Lopez???
    (Sarcasim a given.)

I never really had cable growing up, as if I am already grown. So I was not a MTV bred youth. Lucky for me. Although ,after watching a Beavis and Buut Head marathon at a friends house, I did question on what I was missing. I Like Them.

I don't get MOBY, he makes no sense to me.

That's another thing, Metallica has been around for so long that sooner or later against my concious will, I'll either be head banging along with the tunes, or repeating them my self, kind of like a annoying comercial. What's up with that, What Is Up With That? I say some kind of bad magic, not black, Lousy. :)

OH, OH, I know KELLEY OZBOURNE, no good at all.
    (Not sure if her name is spelled correctly.)

4. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Metallica's guitar playing is around average. They are good, and have staying power, but they aren't amongst the best. Every once in a while Hammet produce a gem, like One, Fade to Black, and Master of Puppets, which is so damn good I can't help but appreciate it, but these are rarities. Overall, they are on the par.

For the best guitarists of all time, look to:

Jimmy Page
    Jimi Hendrix [Anyone who heard him play at Woodstock knows why]
    Marty Friedman [Anyone who heard his solo at Woodstock II knows why]
    Dimebag Darrell
    Slash
    Eric Clapton
    Kurt Cobain [Before you disagree- his guitarwork was original and captivating. It inspired a generation.]

...and yes, I suppose, SOME of Hammet's work is comparable to these guys, but he lacks consistency.

As far as bands I dislike go:
    Most rap. Mainly because I can't relate, and the sound isn't as enthralling to me as it is to some.

Corporate bands. There's nothing more hollow than having lyrics delivered by someone who didn't write them.

Country. I just don't have much hick in me. I'd rather rock than scoot.

The band the Beatles became.

5. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Kelly Osbourne Rules!

And now sorry, Kane SUCKS I did see/hear them live and he can't sing and they play like a bag of potatoes. I think I was not the only one thinking that since it was really crowdey by the fries stand (Yum!).

By the way: Rhandy Rhoads was one of the best guitarplayer! and Zakk Wylde is really good to!

Did I mention that I hate Sita?

[ January 29, 2003, 12:07: Message edited by: SleepleSS ]

6. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

A couple of points to make:

It's good to see John Pettruci listed as a virtuoso. He da man.

Kurt Cobain - like his stuff, but i'll say two words, "THE PIXIES".

Oh, and about playing with an orchestra: Metallica's S&M album is pretty damn good. But then you have bands that play with an orchestra all the time. Such as Black metallers, Dimmu Borgir. The orchestra just adds to the whole feel of the music. It's great.

7. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    N'Sync, and the Backstreet Boys. They are so feminine I can't believe that one of them actually got a date with the plastic woman!

8. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I just want to say one thing to that: *cough* don't listen to him *cough*

Oh and sita does indeed sucks, but now good news k-otic has split up

9. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

I'm kinda suprised Britney Spears was mentioned only twice... :evil: :evil:

10. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Not anymore ---I hate Britney Spears---
    I really loved Metallica till 2 years ago when i discovered that there are many greater talented players.
    I really love Progressive Metal(rock?) and Dream Theater.
    I also hate all kinds of boybands out there.

11. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Actually most people who comment on pop singers being untalented are usually just conforming to the latest fashion of rock music. in fact most people like pop music they just don't think its cool to say so.
    In fact if anything it is heavy rock groups like Slipknot who are untalented. They draw a fanbase because people think that if they like their music they are in some way 'rebelling' to the authority of their parents. sweet, but very very sheep like.

personally however i don't like: slipknot, s-club juniors and ja rule.

12. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Most pop singers are untalented. I don't like pop music, if I would, i would admit it. And I'm not folowing the latest rock fashion, I don't even listen to rock and I never did. And for the conclusion, just if you didn't know; I hate Britney Spears :evil:

13. GreyCrow Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I don't like POP singers, I don't like Britney Spears, I sure as hell don't like Boy Bands, The MICHALE JACKSON of today is just plain sick. He has one too many things bouncing around in his head. I also don't like or dislike things beacuse I think they are popular or because someone else told me to like it. :D

If a favor something it is because I like it, if not then it is because I don't like something. There are things that some of my friends don't get that I do, and vice versa. :)

I hope that other people on this post know what they like and why they like it. If you can not ask and then answer that question to your self, then maybe you should find some one else who can tell you what would be best for you. :D

14. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I hate Britney Spears :) and Sita :)

Now seriously I think not every body who likes Slipknot thinks he is rebeling. Their first album did realy contain 4 or 5 good songs that I like as a music lover, not as a rebel. Atari Teenage Riot on the other hand, that's Rebel music and so my rebeling side loves it :)

Just listen to heatwave!

Well, I realy loved that fries but the music on the background *Cough* Ye good news K-otic broke up, who's next? I hopt it's Di-reckt :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.