1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: "The poll's themes... BOND THEMES"

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by the god, Nov 20, 2002.

1. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

what's your favourite 007 title theme?

the main james bond theme isn't included in this poll (everyone knows that's the best!), so you need to vote for the main theme from one of the 20 films.

my personal fave is 'live and let die' (paul & linda mcCartney). i love the way that the slow melody/vocals lead up to that big 'chung-chung' power-chord and then the increase in pace as those memorable rapid guitar riffs kick-in!

"oh james... happy 40th anniversary!"

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 24 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: "The poll's themes... BOND THEMES" (24 votes.)

"The poll's themes... BOND THEMES" (Choose 1)
    * Dr. No - 0% (0)
    * From Russia With Love - 0% (0)
    * Goldfinger - 8% (2)
    * Thunderball - 0% (0)
    * You Only Live Twice - 0% (0)
    * On Her Majesty's Secret Service - 0% (0)
    * Diamonds Are Forever - 0% (0)
    * Live And Let Die - 8% (2)
    * The Man With The Golden Gun - 0% (0)
    * The Spy Who Loved Me - 0% (0)
    * Moonraker - 0% (0)
    * For Your Eyes Only - 8% (2)
    * Octo***** - 0% (0)
    * A View To A Kill - 4% (1)
    * The Living Daylights - 4% (1)
    * Licence To Kill - 13% (3)
    * Goldeneye - 17% (4)
    * Tomorrow Never Dies - 13% (3)
    * The World Is Not Enough - 21% (5)
    * Die Another Day - 4% (1)

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

the only good song is the golden eye theme... it is also the only good film... i HATE the ****ing goddamn stupid SOB Die Another Day theme... god i hate pop...

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I am shocked about such an amount of juvenile ignorance. All old Connery Bonds were just cult, not a single bad one among them. Good old days when villains were still villains and Bond wore hats ...

My favourite Bond villain: Goldfinger, IMO the most villaineous Bond villain ever (of course, played by a german)

And besides, yes, live and let die is a pretty cool song ...

4. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Connery is definitely the best Bond!!! Hands down! With Pierce a close second. Roger Moore is third...He's a little too foofie for me. Followed by Gearge Lazenby, then Timothy Dalton.

I think my favorite Bond film, is either, Goldfinger or Live and Let Die. But Live and Let Die is by far the best theme song...Other than the beginning Bond theme...

5. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Goldeneye is definitely the best film, and Pierce is definitely giving Connery a run for his money. Sadly, I only notice the opening theme songs when they are crap. (such as Dr. No)

6. The Soul Forever Seeking Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I liked The World is not Enough, personally. I haven't seen it in a while, but I seem to remember an exploding singer, which means either the designers were on something, or I was.

I also seem to notice that somehow the Russians are involved in every Bond plot, whether they are the bad guys or merely being used by the bad guys.

Say, isn't Octo***** one word? Why is it blocked out? Personally, I'd think if it was part of a proper name, it wouldn't need to be blocked.

Oh me oh my. I Got edited too.

[ November 20, 2002, 23:10: Message edited by: The Soul Forever Seeking ]

7. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] I think someone has something against cats.

8. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I think it has something to do with the first bond you see. I like Roger moore (my first experience best) and second Brosnan. The Connery films are just to old for my tastes (perhaps somewhere in the future ;) )

9. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] '***** Galore' was in 'Octo*****'! :grin:

:love: asterisks!

10. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think Garbage has made the best theme so far (the world is not enough). Truth be told it's the only theme i like, so... ;)

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] What about "A view to a Kill?!?!?" I mean, Duran Duran...how great is that???

BTW - ***** Galore was in Goldfinger.

12. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Connery's title i think is now lost.
    Brosnan is the best by far.
    Roger moore third, Dalton fourth and Lazenby bringing up the rear.

Oh and i voted for Tomoorow never dies. Not because it is the bets but because it is the only one i can actually remember.

13. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] "You Only Live Twice" is a good theme song. "A View To a Kill" is crap, sorry. :D All hail Octopusski! :heh:

14. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The World Is Not Enough, all the way!

15. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

my vote went to tina turner's goldeneye.
    sheena easton's for your eyes only came in second.

as for which is the best bond film... it's simply a hard decision.

16. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Brosnan and Connery are first place

Dalton and moore and lazenby are second

I thought all bond actors were great with two standing out.

Best bond theme, goldfinger and Die another Day

Best bond movies:

Brosnan: Goldeneye
    Dalton: Licence to kill (loved this one)
    Connery: Goldfinger
    Moore: Diamonds are forever (probably cause i'm dutch)

There isn't a best bond movie but you can divide them by actor I think.

17. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I can't believe anyone can prefer Roger Moore to Sean Connery! In fact I can't how anyone can actually prefer Anyone to Sean Connery is beyond me. He is great.

Best theme? Well, some I can't remember, but the ones that have stuck are in no particular order:

Goldfinger, A view to a kill, Live and let die, Living daylights, For your eyes only. My vote went to one of them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.