1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Avatar System

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Darien Noella, Jul 3, 2001.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    In case you're puzzled... I changed the avatar scheme for the mundane ones today. (I think this will be the final change.)
    It will affect all new topics, and those old ones changed in any way, until I update all forum threads again.

See the FAQ for the new rankings.

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Tal . . . Did you just double post?????

I am shocked & horrified. ;) Everything that I thought was beautiful just seems dirty now!
    :( :D :p :)

[This message has been edited by Mathetais (edited July 09, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Mathetais (edited July 09, 2001).]

3. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I would just like to look like a girl, nothing fancy or anything. But, so far I have not exactly figured out how to use the chatroom. It is either that, or there is just no one in there when I try.

Plus, I thought it was only for the people who earned a custom avatar by doing something speacial, or because they were popular with the big guys.

4. AAARGH!! Tal's been possessed by an evil, misaligned, double-posting demon, who makes your mayonnaise go furry two days before its sell by date, and steals one sock from every pair, leaving you confused, baffled, frustrated and PARTIALLY INSANE!!!!

Teehee.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    If you two munchkins had read the FAQ in detail, you'd see that there are rare occurances when posting doubles is permitted. This was one of them. The next post was in no way connected to the first one. :rolleyes:

6. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] hey tal, how would i get a new avatar if i could not connect to the chat room for some reason? (my modem is not working right in any chat rooms)

(well first off, am i elegible?)

[This message has been edited by jack-of-all-trades (edited July 09, 2001).]

7. Taluntain

Media:
  8. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, bake beans and spam...

testing :)

9. ClammyRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Yeah, But I'm still a goblin!

10. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31

i did read them, i was wondering if i was eligable since i have not bought anything from here. how would you discribe "a relativly active member"?

I wild read them once again to see if i missed anything.

(also, masters orders)

11. Zaragoth Guest

I´m the most active member on this board damnit! I´m here about 3 hours every day, but still I don´t get no new Avatar, since I have not bought anything from Sorcerer´s Place.
    In my oppinion, that´s not how it should be.
    :mad:
    In protest, I´m gonna write :cool: in the end of every message I write.
    *Going away to stand in a corner with my arms crossed - like an angry child*
    :D

:cool:

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

3 hours?!

Beat my 6 or more hours...
    Or Wildfire's, Lokken's and Kevlar's 12 hours (each day!)...

btw, read page 1 of this thread, maybe you can find some more pointers how to make it ;)

13. Zaragoth Guest

well three hours are still pretty much. Since some of the people in here come to this forum about ten minutes and then leaves! You don´t even have a chance to answer their questions before they leave.
    And by the way - I have a modem. That is not so fun.
    (Although now I´m sitting at another computer wich does not use a modem :) This is more fun! I can stay in these forums for how long I want to!)

PS. I don´t know why, but beeing in these forum makes me feel... home? :cool:
    Perhaps I just don´t have a life :D

14. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Extremist - are you trying to discredit me or something? It's far more than a mere 12 hours :p ;) :D.

15. Zaragoth Guest

hehe. :)
    But I must say that the times I´m here, no one exept one or two are in here the same time :p
    Maybe just bad timing... or?
    ------------------
    ok,ok... Perhaps a few more at other times, but still.. :cool:

[This message has been edited by Zaragoth (edited July 10, 2001).]

16. Taluntain

Media:
    jack-of-all-trades, no, sorry. There's also this thing in the Rules/FAQ about not wasting board space asking for it.

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited July 10, 2001).]

17. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31

[​IMG] alright, sorry, i forgot that i could e-mail you about that, but that is also against the rules. so there is no other way to find out?

18. DarkHunterz Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Humm, nows my chance.

i allways wanted a new Avatar, whatever that is. hehehe

and i going to buy the IWD Book anyway, so why not through here. and maybe even Neverwinter Nights.

does that count me in Tal??

19. Taluntain

Media:
    Indeed it does. As is written in the FAQ, if you actually BUY something, you can contact me any way you like and I'll make sure you get the avatar. But if you're asking for a freebee, you can discuss it with me in the chatroom.

20. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Hey moderator! I submitted a lot of quotes
    to the Torment section. ( As R.W.)
    Is that enough to earn a custom avatar or does have to be an article?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.