1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Saemon Havarian not appearing

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by ChickenIsGood, Sep 17, 2006.

1. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] After finishing spell-hold and agreeing to have Saemon tranport me home (or the Sahuagin city depending how you look at it) when something terrible happened. I stole the horn as ordered by Saemon and left to meet him at the docks, but he wasn't there!?! I have no idea how such a thing happened.

My only add-ons to the game that I have are a baldurdash fix-pack and a banter pack I believe. Just to help you out in trying to figure out what is wrong here's my global variables that may involve Saemon...

SAEMNOBODHI = 1
    SAEMONINITIRGONE = 2
    SAEMONOUT = 1
    SAEMWALK = 7452193

Any ideas :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Desuma Malevois Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

This happened in one of my games not too long ago. When I went looking for him I found him in the Vulgar Monkey, but he was still stuck on the "Get me the horn" dialog. Fortunately, after reloading an earlier save and repeating, I didn't have a problem.

3. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

He isn't even in the Vulgar Monkey, my problem here is that I don't use many save slots and I had no intention of playing five hours worth of the game again.

I suppose I could just take the portal if nobody finds a way out of this.

4. Razfallow Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I hope this will help.

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("StealShip","GLOBAL",1)
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",77)
    CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("ppsaem3")

5. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Thanks for the help, I'll test it next time I get the chance.

It worked :) ... Thank you Razfallow, I don't use codes so I had no idea what needed to be manipulated.

[ September 17, 2006, 23:44: Message edited by: ChickenIsGood ]

6. smr49 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Veteran

Media:
    My hat is off to you as well, Razfellow --- I have had that happen several times...

I ended up going back to a save while in the basement, since I always get caught up in the action and forget to create save points... *shakes head*

(that's even more of an issue now that I'm playing IAv3) ;)

7. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Slightly off topic:

^smr49, you play IA V.3? That's cool! I am playing it too! :thumb:

Back on topic:

It is suprising how this bug is so common, and it is fixed by neither the patch or Badlurdash, so it seems! :(

8. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    And this is precisely why I regularly tell people to build up a judicious number of save slots. I mean, you have nothing to lose by doing so, and when you need to go back to that save, you'll surely be glad you have it to go back to!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.