1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New Year's Resolutions

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mathetais, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] In America, it is traditional to make a list of Resolutions or Commitments that you will hold yourself to during the coming year. The idea is that "This Year" will be different. Maybe healthier, more productive, or more loving. Whatever your goals, I want to hear them ...

I'll start:

In 2002 I resolve to...

1. ...put my relationship with God first, finding more time for prayer and Bible reading. (I was down to 2 min/month :rolleyes: )

2. ... devote myself to my family with more vigor. ('nuff said)

3. ... develop healthier eating habits. (I'm exchanging Organic for Big Mac's)

4. ... perpetuate a higher level of Spam on Sorcerer's Place and become the Cleric of Legends ;)

5. ... take my job to the next level. (I'll tell you want that means when I figure it out!!!)

Have a Wonderful New Year and may all your hopes and dreams come true!

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Hmmm....My resolution for 2001 was to be indestructible...So that went pretty well for the most part... ;)

For 2002, I plan to:

1. Focus on passing all the bar exams I take. It's all about good vibes!

2. Get back into contact with all the people I lost touch with while in law school.

3. Try to lessen my the frequency of getting road rage while driving my car.

4. Learn to play a musical instrument. Leaning toward guitar...It always gets the babes! :grin:

5. Dance more.

6. Sing more (outside of the shower)

7. Listen more and speak less.

That's all I can think of after careful reflection. Happy New Year! CHeers!

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I dont give new year resolutions. A human life is already full with things that we have to do. To make promises that you are bound to break is not something I want to do.

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Math, isn't that the same list you also posted one year ago? ;)

5. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

For my New Year's Resolution, I will try harder not to procrastinate like I always do.............. Nah............. I'll do that next year.

6. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

To not stray from my path.
    That answer just works on so many levels. :p

7. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I think my list is going to be short -

1. Dig out my list of exciting things that I want to do - and start doing them again.

2. Continue to plan for the future, but start living more in the present.

3. Start eating better (hopefully)

not necessarily in that order

8. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

1) Beat BG1. Major lack of motivation right now, way too busy drooling over Morrowind pictures.

2) Not dropping out of school to get more time to play morrowind when it comes out.

3) Not kill family to get more computer time to play morrowind when it comes out.

4) Not start spamming on SP about adding a Morrowind forum when it comes out.

5) Not spending all my time thinking about damn Morrowind UNTIL it comes out.

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] My lot are too ...

1) Start taking A levels a wee bit more seriously
    2) Take my band a wee bit more seriously
    3) Buy a new bass guitar
    4) Buy a new acoustic
    5) Try to become more responsible
    6) Try to improve my budget system
    7) Get a pay-rise

10. Drunken Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well, here we go...

1) More time for God, after all is said and done, He (She/It/They if you will) is No 1.

2) Spend more time, making others happy, therefore I will be happy, (ie. family, friends etc.).

3) Become "ripped" (meaning body conditioning to the point of many fine muscle definitions all over).

4) Learn to play the Violin.

Hmm, thats about it.

oh yeah... 5) Get my P's (car license).

Peace.

[This message has been edited by Drunken Monk (edited January 01, 2002).]

11. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Resolution the first: STOP BEING SO DAMN LAZY!!!
    Resolution the second: See first resolution.

12. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

1.Stay alive

2.Keep breathing

3.Sleep

4.Eat

5.Post on these boards

(The funny thing about these resolutions is it is also used as my daily schedual.)

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Okay, in year 2002 I will...

1. Try to cut the time I spend skipping classes to hang in the net.

2. Take my schoolwork more seriously

3. Lose some weight (i.e. to stop eating while playing)

4. try to not to assault people physically

5. try to not to get institutionalized with the mentally unstable (Hapeened both 2000 and 2001...)

6. try to become less anti/social

7. Try to learn to trust people even a little...

Ara
    (Sniffles are still a problem...)

14. Palpatine- Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] uhm, none...

but one thing Mathetais.

Can you explain what you gain by praying and reading the bible and all that, i dont understand that at all... seems like a waste of time to me.

15. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Palpatine.... it absolutely isn't... It's the most important in life.... When you have to choose between food and this... I know what is more important....

16. Arabwel

Media:
    At least I have had enough Bible reading for a lifetime... I had read it seven times before I was ten. And I am not exagerrating a bit!

Ara
    (Passed Latin! Probably will pass English... If gets stuff done in time. If.)

17. Palpatine- Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ok, thats your opinion, but i still don't understand why, i mean, its a book, i haven't read the whole of it, just some parts i my swedish class, the texts are good, but still, what do you get by praying to "god", thinking that he (if he exists) control many things in this world, uhm... i just can't understand why and how you can believe that something like a god exists, i really can't... so, if you could try to explain, maybe i understand... heh

18. Arabwel

Media:
    And, two years later, I became an atheist. Nowadays I'm a neo-pagan/agnostic of sorts...

Ara
    (Got a deja-vu of getting a deja-vu... weird)

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Oh yeah i got two more!

8) Lean to drive
    9) Get a car

20. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Palpatine ... its hard to debate such things in this forum. However (and I'll be brief...)

1. I do not think that any purly naturalistic explanation of the origin of the universe (and more precisly, the existance of the human race) is acceptable. There are too many coincidences ... too many impossible odds ... there had to be some other force involved either to begin the process of evolution, or to create the world over a span of 6 eaons. I believe that we are fearfully and wonderfully made.

2. There is a naturally agreed upon (more or less) moral code thoughout the world. People who have had no contact with each other agree that things like murder (as defined by each culture) and rape are *wrong*. Where did this internal sense of moral outrage come from? I believe it is part of the natural law, which was woven into creation by the hand of God.

3. I believe that the Bible is a true document. There are many prophicies which can be proven to be accruate. The Bible also spells out the most sophisticated code for living that we have ever seen. Considering the fact that it was largely written by desert nomads who let their sheep live in their tents ... that is pretty incredible.

I could go on and on ... but these are a few of the basic reasons why I think it is reasonable to believe in God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.