1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Going to Spellhold and back with all party members

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ron the Gnome, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Ron the Gnome Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I am coming back to the game after losing patience with NWN... And have a question
    Of I'm going to bring Imoen back A.S.A.P will it affect party memmber who haven't finisht their's tasks? Will anybody leave me before coming back?
    ESP. Keldorn And Walygar
    Ronen

[ August 07, 2003, 12:52: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You can't go to Spellhold and come back ASAP, you have to go through Sahuagin City
    and the Underdark first. I believe you can finish other quests when you get back (except for any that have a time limit). And as long as you have room in your party for Imoen, you can keep everybody else (except Yoshimo).

3. Judas Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Actually, I don't think you do have to go through to Sahuagin city... I think you can go directly to the Underdark.

What I think is meant by this post is "if you go, say, and get Nalia, who will leave you after X days if you do not do her quest, then go and get Imoen back, will people bail on you when you're in the middle of the underdark?"

I would suggest not. Lots of plotlines are held up when in the Underdark. I can't confirm that NONE of them will progress in the Underdark, but it's a pretty common occurance for me to exit the Underdark and have to deal with a litany of dialogues that seem to have banked up while I was away from the light.

One peculiar thing I've noticed... romances seem to be held up in the underdark (except for some event triggered portions), but they seem to progress, very occasionally, when entering the lair of Adalon. Has anyone else noticed this? Does it actually have something to do with this area, or is it just flukey timing on my part?

4. Victor Eremita Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

If you don't mind missing out on a lot of cool items you don't have to go through Sahaugin City...

5. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I think that was what he meant by quickly going to Spellhold and back. It's possible to skip the Sahuagin city, and if you enter the Drow city, you can go to the temple, kill everyone inside, get the eggs, and leave.

Of course that would take away all the fun of the game, but at least you'll have your "quick trip".

6. Shazamdude Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@ Judas; I've had Viconia's romance progress when I was outside of spellhold, so Adalon's lair isn't the only place.

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Romances will continue in Brynnlaw (after Spellhold), Adalon's Lair, and Ust'Natha. Those areas are not termed as dungeons by the game so they won't hold up romances. You'll get the same effect if you do Firk's dungeon in the middle of a romance. As soon as you enter his lair, you should get a lovetalk.

8. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    To get back to the original topic, most quests are held up in Chapters 4 and 5. I would do Nalia's, simply because there's lots of good items there, and you need the cash anyway to complete Chapter 2. Nalia is the only one I've ever had leave my party because I didn't do her quest quick enough. Everyone else justs complains, but they don't do anything about it.

9. Ron the Gnome Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Thanks for the answers.
    I bever tried that, because i've usually finished the others quests before.
    Will I be able to finish the Drow city part with a relatively low-level party?

[ August 08, 2003, 19:44: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

10. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Yes you will. Although there may be some reloading hassle.

11. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I have the bard stronghold and if I don't come after a short time of when I'm send for, the play will suffer.

I don't want that, but I'm almost out of quests (only big one left is the unseeing eye, which I don't really want to do right now). So I wanted to advance in the game and stuff, but I don't want the play to suffer.

Are you guys saying that the play (and other stuff) will be delayed while I'm doing chapter 3-5?

O and by the way, I've done almost all quests, but my characters only have like 1,4M exp each (sorcerer level 13). Isn't this very little? I thought I should have much more by now...

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't know specifically about the play as the only time I played as a bard I finished the play before going to Spellhold. However, I have lost my thieves' guild several times for failure to pay my dues while I was away doing Spellhold so I wouldn't count on the stronghold quests being postponed.

13. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I'm not playing a bard, I just have a multi-stronghold mod.

But you're saying I'll lose my thief stronghold?
    :'(

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yes, you will lose the guild when you do the Spellhold/Underdark (possibly if you are quick enough this won't happen but it always did for me).

One time when I lost the guild I did get a second chance but I don't remember the exact circumstances. I think I may have just went to see Renal Bloodscalp and he relented on the closure of the guild but I can't say for sure.

Generally I didn't bother as the thieves stronghold is nothing but a money source after the third week or so and it gets annoying having to run back to pay the dues.

15. pyroashani Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

if you are worried about stronghold quests let me make a suggestion for the underdark.

as soon as you get here head over to the beholer lair get the eyestalk immediately (which is in the enterance of the lair) then go do the avalon egg quest. you can come back down afterwards to do all but the Ust Nasta and sahugin city quests. itll save you some time and you might be able to save your stronghold plus be able to come back down and get your good items from the illithid lair, kuo-tao lair and side quest such as the imprisoned mage quest.

16. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I was sure that all strongholds and romances were OFF when you are in the Underdark. And if the son of that play director doesn't talk to you the play will not suffer.

17. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime("GLOBALS",x). The command is something like that (I'll see if I can remember the exact command tonight) where x is a number. It'll advance the game time so that you can finish your stronghold before doing the Underdark.

You can also start Chapter 3 and continue your stronghold there.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.