1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

D&d rules applied to non d&d characters

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Fat Egg, Jul 17, 2001.

1. Sander Scamper Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My character is from J.R.R Tolkien

Gollum/Smeagol

Str 16 (for throttling)
    Dex 18 (sneaky)
    Agi 18 (sneaky)
    Int 16 (cunning/sly)
    Wis 10 (Talks to himself?)
    Cha 5 (Icky)

2. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I wonder if you have heard of a book titeld Elvenbane.

Main charictor Shana

Half-elven sorcerer level 20

Str 12 (nothing major)
    Dex 14 (was fairly shure footed)
    Con 17 (survived a sandstorm
    Int 14 (guess but liked to read)
    Wis 15 (never seemed to do the amasingly unwise thing but made some big oopses.)
    chr 18 (definatly had a way with words and was persasive)

3. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Umm, Sander, you forgot Constitution and instead replaced it with another form of dexterity. Just FYI.

4. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I agree that I rated Aragorn's CHA too low, I just remembered him to be gruff and matter-of-fact about things; but he did command a lot of attention with Anduril.

I'd like to redo Saruman, because I don't entirely agree with old Ironbeard.

STR 15
    DEX 14
    CON 13
    INT 20
    WIS 19 (Led the Council of the Wise)
    CHA 14 (Was very charming when it suited his purpose)

Got a few more, as well...

Elrond
    Elven Fighter/Cleric Lv. 12/26

STR 16
    DEX 13
    CON 17
    INT 18
    WIS 23
    CHA 13

Master Samwise Gamgee
    Halfling Druid/Fighter Lv. 4/3

STR 12
    DEX 19
    CON 14
    INT 13
    WIS 15
    CHA 14

Who could forget old Bilbo?
    Halfling Thief Lv. 5

STR 13
    DEX 19
    CON 13
    INT 16
    WIS 12
    CHA 15

Chase (Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth)
    Human Ranger Lv. 15

STR 18/94
    DEX 14
    CON 18'
    INT 14
    WIS 16
    CHA 13

5. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I had the wisdom low because, as Gandalf says, Saruman has "fallen from the path of wisdom". I think his wisdom started out high, but gradually decreased as he became obsessed with the ring, until he eventually reached the point where Sauron was controlling him through the Palantir and he deluded himself into thinking he could serve Sauron and then defeat him and claim the world for himself. For the Charisma, notice the difference between his natural charisma and "enhanced" charisma in the chapter "the Voice of Saruman", whihc is why I made him an enchanter with low charisma.

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Richard Rahl
    (Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth)
    Human Ranger Lv. 7
    DC Sorcerer Lv. 17

STR 18/75
    DEX 16
    CON 18
    INT 16
    WIS 16
    CHA 17

It's tough to give him stats (these look high but I'm trying to be accurate) since he is "good at everything"; leading, sculpting, fighting, and loving Kahlan!

I made him a low level Ranger because if you remember the first book, he was very freaked out when facing the Quad. He DC'ed to Sorcerer faily early in his carrer. However, as a "War Wizard" he must recieve bonuses to his THACO.

7. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Grey I'd differ in opinion with you about Saruman. STR 15 and DEX 14 seem a little high. He was an old man, wizard or no. I'd say STR 11 and DEX 12 might be more in line. But I would give him a higher CHR maybe 15 or 16. He did charm the Riders of the Mark. Maybe you could put that down as a mass charm spell or the like but CHR did play a role.

8. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I thought Worm-Tounge Charmed the Riders of the Mark?

9. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Okay, okay, I was just stabbing in the dark with those things. I only took into consideration that the palantir was rather heavy, and if Wormtongue's scrawny little ass could hurl it from the tower, than Saruman wouldn't have too much trouble moving it about. I have nothing to go by for dexterity, but I know that as one of the Istari, age doesn't wear on the bones so heavily. They are immortal, right?

Gotdammit, it's time to stop putting off reading those books.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.