1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The origin of your nickname

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ezellohar Shark, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Yeppz!
    That is the story I am talkin bout!
    Read it?
    I have read it..
    Let's see..
    oh god, 4 times!
    Man I must have been bored.

2. Eze&Sharkie Guest

Eilonwy was gold-haired actually.And the first book was called 'The Book of Three'or something.My friend has read it and i got the fourth part for my birthday.

For the nickname,my new ones are Spoon or The Glittering Spoonmaker.

3. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well my favourite character from DragonLance is called Tasselhoff. So i twisted it a little and "voila" Tasohan!

4. Asmodeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Asmodeus
    The name of the demon mentioned in the Book of Tobias (iii, 8). The name is most probably derived from the Hebrew root meaning "to destroy": so that the being would correspond to the demon called Abaddon, the Destroyer in the Apocalypse, ix, 11. The Book of Tobias relates that the virgin Sara, the kinswoman of Tobias, had been given successively to seven husbands; but they had all been slain on the night of the nuptials, before the consummation of the marriage. From this fact, a superstition had arisen that the demon loved the maiden and slew her husbands through jealousy. In the Greek text of Tobias, it is stated that the younger Tobias himself was moved by this superstition. The inspired text in no way approves the superstition. God allowed the demon to slay these men because they entered marriage with unholy motives. The pious youth, Tobias, acting under the instructions of Raphael, takes Sara to wife, and Raphael expels the demon. The exemplary chastity and temperance of Tobias and Sara save them from the demon, and offer an example for mankind. In fact, the permission given by God to the demon in this history seems to have as a motive to chasten man's lust and sanctify marriage. The Rationalists have vainly endeavoured to set down this history as a Persian myth. For a full refutation of their theories, see Gutberlet, "Das Buch Tobias".

A home without books is a body without soul.
    Cicero.

5. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Yeah, yeah...Whatever!
    :p
    I loved that story!
    I had dreams with them and such!
    Man, I must have been very bored.
    *sigh*
    Well, I am over em now, lol.
    :D

6. Kahliib Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Kahliib was the name I used when I played games like "Gauntlet", "NBA Jam", and *cough* "Sim Golf" *cough*.

Actually, it was suggested by my source.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.