1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The origin of your nickname

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ezellohar Shark, Feb 23, 2002.

1. [​IMG] Nuff said.:D The origin of your nickname.

Ezellohar Shark
    (:DWoohoo,im a Tasloi!:D)

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

A mollusk was a creature invented by my good friend Martin Dalen. The mollusk was a very complex, egg shaped animal, which lived in bushes near hills (it also had a hat and hair behind it's ears). The only problem about living near hills was the squids. Hills are practicly infested with them, and therefor the mollusk always carries a hammer to kill squids with.

A few years later I started with computers. Mollusken it was.

3. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Alyr Arkhon is one of my favourite heroes in a fantasy world called Ynev. He's a half-elf necromancer with morbid humour.

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Extreme - that is the way I behaved whole my miserable life.

The actual idea for "Extremist" stroke me when I was searching the net for Joe Satriani music and I was about to register myself at the very same moment.

And that did it...

5. See Creativity Surge for the origin of my nick. Yerril has been in the pipeline for nearly a year now.

6. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] When i first started playing counter-strike, i would always play sniper and obviously, snipe my prey. Hence my internet nick became 'Sniper'

7. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

You know what, i have NO idea!
    Most people call me Latex boy on here though...

8. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Give me a gun in a FPS.
    See what the result is.
    Hence my nickname.

:D

[Edit]Ok! I admit, I stole it from a Red Dwarf book. So sue me :p [/Edit]

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited February 24, 2002).]

9. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Back in the mid-80s I started playing AD&D and since I loved tea - and still do - Earl Grey was a natural for my first and most beloved character.

10. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Very simple Lexington is my name and the Kill comes from me changing my name to Chris.

Got it?

11. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I like dragons.
    I want to ride a dragon.
    I want to fly in the sky, hence skyward.

12. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Edward Smith was the skipper of the Titanic (please don't give me the IOTW, Taluntain). He had a *perfect* safety record before, whatever reason, he brought the last engine online and increased speed during the Atlantic transit. I attribute it to listening to idiots, which I make it a specific point not to do.

13. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I love the name psycho and it fits me perfect and I got the fanged rabbit part from the best movie in the world Monty Python and the Quest For the Holy Grail. The crazy (psycho) rabbit in there was great.

14. ShadowDaemon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

:borg: Hacker Alias :borg:

nuff said ;) the fuzz be after me! :hahaerr:

just kiddin, more like chat Handle, BBS handle, and code name ever since I was 8 and discovered Metal!

15. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Nickname? Kidding...people called me this in the army for some reason...stupid sargent.

16. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Rape and pillage in the UK......

Being Norwegian in the UK, I used this for my first mud character back in the 80's at uni. Ouch, showing my age here.

I've tried to follow in the proud traditions of my ancestors, but in this day and age it seems to be frowned upon? :hmm: Discrimination I call it! :D

17. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

18. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] My name came from my first character in BG1. I have no idea where i got bonzo from but lazy just fit my playing style in BG1 so well.

19. Black Rose Guest

In the Dragonlance Chronicles, there is a huge contingent of evil warriors (think Anti-Paladin), devoted to evil, force, and their goddess Takhisis. These knights were called the Knights of Takhisis, and the very best among them were known IIRC as the Knights of the Black Rose.

Cue the nickname.

20. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

A water deity in Babylonian mythology who'se death at the hands of the sun god lead to the creation of the world.

No relation to the five-headed dragon of the D&D cartoon, the one in Final Fantasy, or the band.

I DO like dragons though.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.