1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

S.O.P. - Save Our Paladin

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Slappy, May 20, 2001.

1. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] It saddens me to notice that our favourite Paladin (Sir Belisarius) is becoming increasingly fixated with a certain Drow Cleric by the name of Viconia. What’s more this fixation seems to be of a rather carnal nature. Those of you who are familiar with Viconia (and lets face it who isn’t ;)) will know that, in addition to being a Drow she is also of self declared ‘neutral evil’ alignment. As many of us look to Sir Belisarius for our spiritual and moral guidance I am concerned that this evil wench will have a corrupting influence that might spread to us via Sir Belisarius. This can not be allowed to happen. Furthermore, we owe it to Sir Belisarius to protect him from himself and the weaknesses of the flesh.

To be fair to our favourite Paladin, I know he has expressed his desire to convert the wench from the path of evil to the cause of goodness. In this venture he must be praised. However, I fear that he has been at this cause for too long without any noticeable results. I believe that the time has come to seek an alternative solution to ensure that Sir Belisarius does not fall from the path of goodness. Those in agreement please post your support below together with solutions that we might use to Save Our Paladin.

PS just in case anyone is getting really worried about me – I’m only having a laugh just think of this as a post from my Slappy Priest of Lathander character.

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Out of interest, is the topic meant to be S.O.B.?
    Anyway, I agree wholeheartedly with this, and it is obvious that the wench has been corrupting Bel, and his state of mind is growing more and more unstable as his good paladinesque side conflicts with the evil that Viconia is nurturing in him.
    I suggest the following measures.
    1) Kill Viconia
    2) Kill Belisarius
    3) Introduce a nice , more lawful good lady companion. In this capacity, I'm sure Aerie would suffice.

(obviously we wouldn't carry out step 3 if we were certain that the other two would fail)

:D :D :D

3. DEUS Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I think our Pladin has ventured to far from the straight path of Law and Goodnes, becoming dependent on an Evil wench and drow ontop of that, cant bee tolerated. Cast an Atonment spel on him and send him on a Quest (a really hard one) alone.. And hopefully when he comes back he has bettered himself and will cast the Black wench away.... And if he dies while completing the quest it will only prove his weeknes.

What to do with the wench I dont know yet, maybe send her to a remote tempel dedicated to Illmater(without telling our Paladin were)...

4. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Let them rot in Spellhold! :p

5. Seric Exz Guest

Sir Belisarius in the hands of a manipulating, scheming female? Ah, it is *passion* that will eventually tip the scales in the eternal struggle between good and evil. There's poetry in that...

So, how long will it be before Sir Belisarius starts hacking away at the Tree of Life? :D

6. Gonff Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I also have some suggestions to save Bel.

1)gouge his eyes

2)castrate him

3)tie viconia down, and then whip her till she's really bloody, wait for the blood to dry and voila he'll never go near her.
    (This is a joke) :D :D :D

7. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Heya Sir Bel, have you already seen my new shotgun? No? Come here, look at it, it's a piece of art, see this... ;)

(a second after...)

Viconia, you can come out now, he's in pieces... :D
    No, you can't keep that precise piece! :mad:

8. Wizard advocate Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] People, I believe there is a less harmful way to settle Sir Bel's problem. Let magics take over. We could try to...

1)Get some other good mages(Aerie, Nalia, etc.) to cast Dire Charm on Sir Bel to get him away from that drow Virconia.

2)Secretly cast spook on Sir Bel just when he sees Virconia. Hee hee :) he's be running in terror from her.

3)Get some other guy(that tiefling comes to mind) to seduce Virconia(although it might be the other way round!) and let Sir Bel catch them in the act.

4)Worse comes to worse, we have to cast ray of enfeeblement to err... enfeeble err.. you know, that part. Then Virconia will be disgusted at his weakness and dump him.(We can remove the spell afterwards!)

9. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Firstly, yes you're right the topic was supposed to be S.O.P. (brainfade on my part). Unfortunately I can't seem to change it.

Secondly, thank you all for the ideas so far expressed. There seems to be a theme developing that supports seperating Sir Bel from the drow and sending him away for a time. This seems like a very good idea to me. Of course, we will need to ensure that the drow is kept under guard so that she can not get back to work her evil on Sir Bel. At great personal risk to myself I humbly offer to undertake this duty. In fact, to protect yourselves from the risk of temptation I insist that I look after the drow. May Lathander protect me and grant me strength and stamina.

10. Bruce the Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Use the helm of opposite alignment and see Viconia turn into a neutral good character.

Problem solve, all it takes is a little magic of love.

11. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

follow the dark path!!!! =)

Become a fallen paladin and let evil vanquish all of goodness, YES, MUWHAHAHAHAHH

12. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

He'll be a fine addition to my shadowknights

13. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] Possibility 1) Destroy all his razors and ban him from entering a barbers shop. Then replace all his full plate with tighter, heavier stuff, preferably made of depleted uranium or neutronium. Within a month or two he will be short and bearded and she will lose all interest.
    Possibility 2)Insist that he perform a public conversion ritual, complete with lengthly and boring readings from the bible of Helm, or whatever deity he follows.
    Possibility 3) Send him to the Underdark, let him see Drow women in their natural environment. Then marry them and tell her "he's all yours".

[This message has been edited by Ironbeard (edited May 22, 2001).]

14. Dauntalus Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Drow don't marry, they purchase males as servants, concubines and soldiers.

15. Avooch Dar Guest

maybe we should hear what he has to say before we jump to conclusions.

I, Sir Dargorn of the Shining Justice Guild (me being the founder) have a favorite saying:
    Thou should not judge others else thou shalt be judged also.

I to have had the wench Viconia in my group. I did this because my purpose is not to kill everything evil but (if possible) to convert the said evil entity and show it the rewards of true goodness.
    Unfortuantly she did not convert to the way of the good so i trapped her in stone as a marker to all those who would dare to go against the might of the Shining Justice Guild!!!!! (members may apply within)

16. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Well, she seems to see marriage as the surfacer's equivalent of purchasing a concubine - some more
    4) girdle of masculinity/femininity
    5) Korgan, and some VERY powerful illusion. When Bel finds out, she'll make him physically sick. When Korgan finds out, he'll probably go into a permanent battlerage and kill everyone, but it's a small price to pay for a Paladin's purity.

17. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Sir Bel in love with Viconia? Surely not! How can one fight evil and yet hug it to his bosom? But perhaps all is not yet lost. Let us try to reason with him first; but if he will not see reason, we MUST do whatever it takes to separate him from this corruption. I would not take her life, if only to save him from too great a shock, but many of the other measures suggested would suffice.

Sir Bel, what have you to say in your defense?

18. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I have a sage advice: KILL HER! - "See how yer guts be lookin' like!" /Korgan Bloodaxe/

19. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Wow! This is great! I'm sorry I missed this! I was in the middle of finals at the time, so I wasn't checking Sorcerer's Place as often as I should....I feel shame. ;)

I've always been attracted to the wrong sort of woman...But it is often the paladin's cause to fight against overwhelming odds - and triumph in the end. I have sensed good in the fair lady Viconia, and have spent many nights :D trying to bring that goodness to the forefront. For the most part, this has been a success.

She has been a companion in my group for many weeks, and has proven herself worthy in battle. She has also shown her desire to renounce the evil ways of her people, and fight for the cause of Good. Even Keldorn is getting over his initial prejudice against the Drow.

We have yet to venture into the depths of the Underdark, which I feel will be the true test of her newfound acceptance of the Light. I am confident, Torm willing, that she will continue to prove herself against the forces of Darkness.

Plus, even Vader was saved at the end of Jedi...It's never too late to turn from the Darkside!

~Bel

20. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] What did the good Sir Belisarius just say?
    Message came out with many of his words tossed around...

Bring out the goodness of her forefront?
    ... Uhm, no that wasn't it...
    Viconia is good to the senses?
    ... no wrong again...
    Triumphed in Viconia's e--?
    ... nuts, I better leave before I lose all credibility.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.