1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Fat Egg

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by the god, Feb 22, 2002.

1. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] i KNEW this asking where the 'first ones' had got to would be good. :idea:

anyone else out there who still reads the forums but doesn't bother to post anymore? links to humourous past topics would be welcome! :book:

[This message has been edited by the god (edited February 23, 2002).]

2. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I wonder who the very first person to join the boards was besides for Tal? It kinda sparks the imagition doesn't it? Thinking of the old site, though I know nothing of it.

To me this is like learing the past of my land. Their should be a history of SP with a the dates of every thing down the when people posted(Sept. 22 to present for example) to the what was on the front page of SP. That would sweet!

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

4. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

/me waves to the crowd :wave:

As for being away so long, well another problem was my continued attempts to develop the ultimate in Spam busting
    http://www.data-techniques.net/cwm/contrib/tweetz/spam4.gif

Those of you with longer memories might recall that the 'Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #2'
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/001525.html

Is in fact merely the latest in a series of attempts to modify my original prototype the 'The Official 'Doh, nothing has been posted' Post'
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum7/HTML/000721.html

One of my last posts on that original thread was 'Ahhh I see my experimental Spam Sink device is working satisfactorily. Back to the laboratory to perfect its working parameters. It will be interesting to see at what point the sink reaches it's theoretical maximum spamminess and explodes, from a safe distance of course.'

Unfortunately, when it did finally explode I was sucked into an alternative spamtum theory type universe where all the posts seemed to make no sense
    http://www.futureforums.co.uk/pcgamer/
    http://pub84.ezboard.com/bmaturegamer
    http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/cgi-bin/yabb/yabb.pl

After months of painful struggle though I have managed to escape albeit at the cost of -2 to inteligence. So here I am again.

Of course I don't know how long I'll stay as another result of being in the area of the spamsink explosion and also finally becoming Dr. Slappy EngD MSc BA(stard). I now find that I keep making what have been called spamtum leaps onto various message boards. Usually at the most awkward yet amusing time and normally just long enough to provide some simplistic liberal and patronising solution to a emotion tugging pertinent problem that has been presented in a black and white fashion. Or something.

PS for funny stuff on the boards, just use the search function with keywords like funny, joke, etc. You are also advised to read this:
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000001.html
    http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum12/HTML/000023.html

That last one was a follow up to a much funnier account that I haven't been able to trace :(

[This message has been edited by Slappy (edited February 23, 2002).]

5. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

:wave: Hi Slappy!

About the prelude to that story - it seemes to have gotten accidenty deleted when moved to Creativity Surge (http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/003971.html for details). :(

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited February 23, 2002).]

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Slappy ... *sob* ... I miss you so much. And flaunting your links like that ... just makes me miss you more.

'Till Bill Gates needs to get a paper-route, my heart will belong to you ;)

7. ArchAngel Guest

Well Well Well. And I even sent out Yoda to find you Slappy. :D

About that journal. Perfect :thumbs up: I has even gotten better since a month ago when you flashed that link up my alley.

Fat Egg left when I came. Apparently this forum has to have one active molecular biologist *g*

Talking about Missing person. Where did Headbanger go now? Keeping this standard crew together is harder than swallowing cat food. Miaww.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Headbanger was in chat yesterday.
    So he is still around.

Ara
    (Auugh! The BEll! Have to go! Noooooo!!!!!)

9. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

You know thsi is one of the best topics posted recently! :):):) It made Slappy come back! Good work the god we're all immensly grateful to you!

10. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] cheque's in the post.

11. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31

12. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

*sigh*

Many of the people who used to come here are gone. I am one of them. :D
    So, does anyone remember me? I don't expect being remembered considering how long ago I left, but I'm curious anyway. Someone might have good memory ;).

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I do remember.

[EDIT]
    Yes Tal, tell him!
    Mister, we were mad. So mad that we started not even mentioning it. :p

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited March 02, 2002).]

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yea, we remember you. We also know where you went. Tsk, tsk.

15. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Personally, i enjoyed the boards much more with Fat Egg, Vicsun, Slappy, and co. around. Now I tend to be spur of the moment member(if i've got nothing better to do, I come here.). Never did post that much in my opinion though.

[This message has been edited by jack-of-all-trades (edited March 03, 2002).]

16. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31

I've been reading some old topics and there is quite a frequency of posts from someone called Sylvus Moonbow (and also some game guides I believe). What happened to him?

17. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] yeah, i read a few of his old posts too.

anything to do with too many expletives? :eek:

edit (after reading explanation): oh, so that'd be why he was allowed to swear so much then. ;)

[This message has been edited by the god (edited March 05, 2002).]

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Syl used to be part of the SP Team. But then he left and started his own site. Which has been closed for the last few months. So now he's gone completely.

19. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Slappy was missing? Why didnt you tell me slappy??

As for Syl havent seen him in a while either, used to see him on msn occasionally. *shrug*

20. Maertyn

Maertyn There's nothing I cannot embrace! Veteran

[​IMG] Sylvus used to be harrassed at one time on some other board - what was the reason for that back then?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.