1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Would you use a cloak in everyday wear?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Arabwel, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Okay... as the founder of the Suomen Viittaliitto, the Finnish cloak union, I bring you this question:

Would you use a cloak in everyday wear if you had one?

Ara
    (Viitat kaduille!)

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 52 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Would you use a cloak in everyday wear? (52 votes.)

Would you use a cloak in everyday wear? (Choose 1)
    * Yes, definitely, cloaks are cool! - 77% (40)
    * No, do I look like a walking drape? - 23% (12)

2. Lady Jellybee Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] It would be cool if I could find one, right now the closest thing I have is a long overcoat. Of course, I wouldn't wear it during the summer, all I can tolerate is my green corduroy jacket.

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Yeah, go the cloaks. We could all look like freaks together! :)

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Cloak ... no!

Cape ... YES!

Actually, I'm wearing one under my suitcoat right now.

Wait, is that Lois I hear screaming ... brb. :thumb: :good:

5. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I would love to wear a cloak. It would look so cool with a hood over my head.

6. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I would prefer to wear less clothing if possible. Not even pants if I could get away with it.

7. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

When I was thirteen, I *did* have an honest-to-goodness cloak that I made myself -- brown, ankle-length, with a hood. I wore it to school on cold days.

Then I had capes -- 1960's vintage capes, tailored, with arm-holes. I was particularly fond of my dogtooth one.

Now I have an ankle-length coat, grey wool, with a hood. A friend calls me "Darth Caroline."

It has been pointed out to me that I live in the wrong climate for all this. But it sometimes gets as low as 10 degrees C here, and then I am toasty.

You may put me on the list of cloak partisans.

8. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

If it becomes fashion, sure. I don't really follow the current turns of fashion (black clothes suit every occasion just fine), but I prefer not to have people staring at me.

Hmm, curious. You folks at Viittaliitto got a web site or something?

9. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I actually do wear a cloak, of sorts, as my main winter gear. I got at at an Army/Navy store in Connecticut. I want to say it's from the Austrian military or something, but I can't remember anymore. The cloak is this big heavy black wool thing with neat strategically placed pockets, hand holes, and a detachable oversized hood. It is the most comfy and warm thing I have ever worn, it's like having a cozy blanket that never falls off. It's even well tailored, and falls just to the tops of my boots. I reccomend that everyone go out and get one. Screw fashion.

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I do have this black leather overcoat that I wear when I can get away with it, so I'm going to say yes. I try to do exactly the opposite of fashion.

11. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'm fashionable, yes, but I wouldn't care if cloaks are fashionable or not. If there's any good cloaks, I'll take it. My friends already think I'm weird, so why not just show it with pride?

12. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

I would never wear a cloak. They are big and clumsy. I prefer jackets.

13. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

i like my poncho

Nothing says fashion like wearing a Mexican rug with a hole in it

14. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Well, having be a member of a fantasy LARP for 6 years I have a lot of period garb including two cloaks I had made for me. One is a light black cotton one with a rap-around hood and the other a heavy brown wool one. They both do their job very well, and if I may say so both functional and stylish. I worn both for days on end, when I was at LARP events and sleep in both many nights. But would I wear them in public? No, I'm not a freak. They served their purpose well and may again some day. But for now they are safely packed away.
    for those who can't kind one to buy you can check in period garb shows or recreation companies. A nice quality cloaks runs from $40 to $100 depending of the material and workmenship.

15. Aziraphale Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Oh Hell yeah!

I would want it oversized made from light fabric but with some weight at the bottom so it doesn't fly about in the wind :) With a big big hood to hide my face, who cares if people laugh, they wouldn't be able to tell who I was

I would personaly love to walk down the road without being identified!

[ August 15, 2002, 23:12: Message edited by: Aziraphale ]

16. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sure a nice big hood is nice and cozy. But remember that they might not see your face, but you will have big problems seeing anything at all if you have the cloak drawn far over your head ;)

17. Fatmaka Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

NEVER.

18. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Ummm, actually, I do. I occasionally get odd looks for it, but considering once a month my local SCA group has a court meeting in garb and then goes to dinner, most folks don't notice anymore...

19. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I agree, Shralp... ponchos rock!

/me is currently wearing a poncho covered with a cloak

I don't have a website for Viittaliitto except for a Yahoo! Groups mailing list site, but it is still quite empty and unpopulated...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/viittaliitto/

Ara
    (Went to a dentsist this morning... urk)

[ August 16, 2002, 08:11: Message edited by: Arabwel ]

20. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

:rolleyes:

I'd like to wear Seijiro Hiko's cloak!! The cloak of Kenshin's Master(Samurai X) ... :grin: That would really get me some attention. Although it might be pretty hazardous if they knew what having that cloak meant.

Well, one things for sure... YOU'LL NEVER SEE ME WEARING HARRY POTTER'S CLOAK! :lol:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.