1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #18

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I have to go to work tomorrow. It sucks, wake upa t 6 am to go to do work in an office block in the city, doing industrial clean up. I am going to hate it. I am getting paid though, so its not too bad.

2. Harkle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

School on Saturday? :eek: Poor Arabwel.

I saw Return of the King again yesterday... and slept about 11 hours. Agh... I have nothing to do this weekend.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Yep, to compensate for oiur niiice long vacation. :(

I slept 12 or so hours.... and I'm still tired. *sigh*

Need to see RotK again.... even if it's... dare I say awful... I need to see it again.

4. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Awful? That movie was great! Even if there was some problems with military tactics.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    What can I say, I was majorly let down. Then again, I am depressed. *shrug*

I need to see it again, I think....

I blame my inner Tolkien snot.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ara, you need to release the purist Tolkien snot in you for a while and rejoice when someone does something according to the books :D

One thing I am not quite clear on, did anyone ever actually yell out Elbereth Githoniel?

7. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I don't think Aragorn ever did, but Frodo might have when releasing the ligh of Ellendil in the caves of Shelob.

8. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Why that question?

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I noticed that Frodo yelled out something, but it didn't really sound like a sound someone invoking divine powers would say...

Edit: Anyhow, it's the light of Earendil, isn't it?

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Perhaps I was looking at a mirror, I'm handsome remember?

@Arabwel, Me too I've found RotK to be an awfull movies *if* you compared it to the book,

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Well of course it was terrible if you compare it to the book. No movie has ever been better than a book!

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm seeing it this afternoon, and since it's been a loooong time since I read the books, I don't expect to be disappointed. :)

13. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Woohoo! Got an offer from the University of Durham from Grey College, which is the one I applied to! :D

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] What was the offer? To forward your application to a different university? :p

j/k :D

Congrats! What are you studying?

15. Meatdog Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

@ Aikanaro

I do hope you don't take the ingame sounds of the CRPGs featured on this site as a reference as to how a divine invocation should sound like. Those are IMHO not much better. (though they are which says alot about Frodo) I believe like you that it was indeed an invocation. If not someone prove me wrong.

16. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

LOL Splunge :p

Gotta get AAB in three out of the four subjects I'm studying at the moment, and I'm applying for a masters degree in maths. Fun stuff! :D

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I regret to break it to you that I can't recall...

@Ara: if it was your idea, I need to kill you first. Nothing personal ;)

18. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

@Sarevok-
    er... may I ask what you did with the wax ?? ;)

19. metal leper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

So are these things just excuses for people to post crap?

Great admin idea - stops people starting their own threads about crap... I can think of some other boards that should try it.

20. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I finally got a proper night sleep! It's amazing to actully have been able to sleep in!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.