1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Smiling

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Eze, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

How often do you people smile? I mean like realy smile, not when somebody tells a joke? Well, I don't smile nearly at all. I find it extremely hard. Honestly, I do.

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I hardly ever smile, but when I do, it's because either I feel something that either warms my heart (if I see some cute whatever), something that I feel is right, or a being proud of myself.

If I pass an exam with an unexpected good grade, I have caught myself snickering and smiling in the train because I couldn't believe it. People must have thought me a weirdo,lol ;)

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I smile all the time. Every time I come home to my wife and kids, I grin from ear to ear. When I get some particularly good results or great testimony in a case, I grin evilly, or sometimes just outright cackle. Today, I got smoking gun type evidence of civil fraud (dummying invoices) committed by the defendant in my case. I am still grinning and my face may freeze that way. :D :D :D

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I admit, I smile a lot. I feel like grinning like a maniac a lot. I smile often for various reasons... and quite often I smile to prevent something more extreme. It's just me, I think.

Eze, at least by not smiling you're preventing wrinkles.

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Depends how I'm feeling. Sometimes I can go weeks with out smiling. But then sometimes I can't stop smiling. I try to smile as often as I can. I smile when I'm happy, smile when I'm really sad, smile when I'm laughing and smile when I'm lieing.

6. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Normally, quite a lot. Since my wife tossed me out, not near as often. From where I sit, there isn't bloody much to smile about.

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, DePaara, if there's anything we can do to get that smile back on your face a litle more often, we would be glad to help you. At least, some of us... at sertain hights. I think... :D

I smile quite often. And often for the simple, beautiful things in life: Good music, playing children, our dumb cat, seeing people enjoy, hearing mobile phone-conversations, etc.

Quite weird perhaps, but since the death of my father a month ago, I enjoy life even better than before. Guess I have nothing to be afraid of and I don't care about the small matters I would usually have a hart time with, but I look at the beautiful things. Since there are a lot of them, you might see me smiling quite often.

When I'm serious, though, I have that frown on my forehead. Can't help it. It was there when I was born already.

8. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I smile a lot, even when i'm all alone. In every situation i can see something humorish, even when it's bad. When i hear someone fart, i can completely lose it, and slap myself silly from laughing for several minutes long.

I know i'm not supposed to, but when i see someone fall from his bicycle, i just HAVE to laugh, i can't help it. The other day i had to pick up some pictures at a photoshop, and the guy behind the counter was so crosseyed, that his left eye looked into his right pocket, and his right eye into his left. I nearly died laughing inthere, i couldn't do a thing about it, it just happens.

So i left the building, tears from laughter, and sent my brother in to collect the pictures, i just couldn't do it without laughing my ass off.

The guy must have felt quite insulted, and that certainly wasn't my intention, but i can't help myself in moments like that. :D

9. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'm exactly like Pac Man :p

10. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I smile when there is something worth smiling at, which is to say I smile often. :D

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I generally smile. Quite some time ago I chose to approach life from a positive angle, and that attitude has stood me in good stead. I don't like myself when I feel mean and b!tchy.

12. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I cannot see why you're smiling all the time. If you're not smiling you're not SAD, you're just being in NEUTRAL... ;)

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] well... some people are beginning to think I don't have any emotions. The only sign they really get are when I give dirty looks.

According to my gaurdian - if looks could kill, you'd be in prison for mass-murder!

so I don't smile, very rarely, usually at school. I usually just have a blank expression on my face, leading some people to think I'm stupid. I usually look more miserable than happy :roll:

14. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I grin like an idiot all the time. There's a line in a Terry Pratchett novel about a man who "perpetually looks like he's just heard a very saucy joke". That's me. I'm so uncool. :)

15. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

People say I never smile. In fact, a few people are practicing my "Jamal" look. Which is funny, because my name isn't actually Jamal.

16. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I rarely smile or laugh when I should. When I shouldn't though, it's very hard to stop.

To give you an example, I had fits of giggles for several hours after a lesson about assassination attempts on Hitler.

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Well, a bit like Lokken. Which suggests I smile as often as a lich. Naturally, that is. I can fake a smile perfectly. It's a part of being well-behaved ;)

I smile when I read certain things on SP, but that's laughter. I only don't laugh, I smile instead. I don't feel like laughing loudly. Any time you see 'lol' from me in the chat it's a small wicked smile lasting half a second and lmao lasts a full second. Rotflmao if ever used by me would probably make me open my mouth even.

Well, unless it's a fake or a substitute for laughter, I rarely smile if ever. Only flirting, consoling, seeing someone known etc, but it's actually just a habit that I'm not quick enough to control in most cases.

The closest thing you get from me is the (in)famous Chevalier's Reluctant Smile of Doom. Not that it's ever been less than semi-conscious.

18. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Smiling is overrated. Well, not really. I just felt like being negative in a happy thread like this.

I smile about the same time every week. 10:30 Fridays. That's when the GlassHouse is on. That show is a crackup. Then there is TripleJ radio here in Australia. It's run by the ABC, but is alot different. It is completely original form of humour and music. Good old Aussie radio. No adds, just music and laugher. Just as an example, here is some of the payout stuff they've been throwing about on air.

" This is a J warning... Listening to talkback radio may result in your grandmother smoking crack. Written and authorised by Triple J"

"This is a J warning... Don Bradman* didn't listen to Triple J, and he's dead now...Written and authorised by Triple J"

*Don Bradman was Australias best cricketer of all time.

19. Danj Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Usually you wouldn't catch me without a smile on my face even in my sleep but recently things have gone very sour for me so I just lost the cheerfulness. Everyone says that I look like someone close to me died. My cousin might...

20. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm.. don't smile very often only if something good has happened or somesuch...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.