1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Urban Legends

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The other day some guy told me that they put nicotine in Tim Hortons coffee! It just seemed too weird to be so I had to check it out... Anyway, it turned out to be an urban myth. What urban legends have you come across that left you wondering for a while?

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Kidney removal performed in house bathrooms on drunken girls by organ-trading pimps :rolleyes:

[ September 23, 2003, 14:16: Message edited by: chevalier ]

3. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My favorite.

An American couple arrive in Jamaica for the first night of a 2-week vacation. They decide to go out that night for a fun evening and sample the nightlife. When they return to their hotel, they discover that their room had been broken into and someone had messed around with their belongings. They immediately call the local authorities to investigate. After thoroughly searching through their belongings, they determine that, much to their surprise, they can find nothing missing, even the man's very expensive camera which was left sitting on the bed next to its case. The local police file a report, and the couple relaxes a bit, changing hotels just to be on the safe side. The rest of their vacation goes on without incident.

A few weeks later, the couple returns home, relaxed and rejuvinated. The woman takes her camera in to have their pictures developed. When the pictures come back, the couple eagerly begins to go through the pictures to see how they turned out. The pictures look fantastic, all but 2 pictures in the set they don't remember taking. The first is of a great big, dirty, ugly, grinning Rastafarian, in what appears to be their hotel room. The second is of the same Rastafarian sticking the man's toothbrush up his butt.

5. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

My favourite Urbyn Legynd:

Once, a guy was eating some Chicken McNuggets, purchased in his local McDonalds. One of his nuggets was a peculiar shape, so he examined it closer. It turned out that McDonalds had put a whole, battered chicken's head in the box and sold it.

And the worst part? It's actually true. I saw a picture in the newspaper. And that, my friends, is why I do not eat fast food.

6. Jarel Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well, most Urban Legends I know are not for under-age; I'm sorry, no story for you in this public space (but you can still PM me! :D :D :D ).

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I don't really know that many but I DO like the "pop rocks combined with soda kills you", "McD's Ice Cream is pure pig fat and sugar"
    "KFC doesn't use chicken, it's rabbit" and of course the one about the couple on holiday in Rome who run out of fuel in their car the hubby leaves to get some, the cops turn up later and there's a madman holding hubby's head.

8. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Well, there's always the ones about how a guy is sitting in a KFC, and when they bring him his "chicken" he opens it and there turns out to be a giant rat deep fried to a golden brown inside.

9. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    :eek: :eek: AAAAAAH!!! :eek: :eek:

10. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Ever heard about water exploding when boiled in a microwave oven. It's actually true. Some months ago, before I read it. I tried to boil some water for tea in our microwave oven. Man, it's funny. If you touch the cup afterwards, the water will make a "fizz" sound...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.