1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Getting on your nerves

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Soul Forever Seeking, Apr 28, 2003.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    1. Showing off stuffed shirts.
    2. Morons who think they're smart
    3. Leet spellers, especially those who think that leet is elite and are serious about that one
    4. Any kind of nasty things done to a language intentionally or through neglection, ignorance excepted
    5. Conformism - or desperate unconformism being in fact so hard a pression not to conform that submitting to it is a pure example of conformism
    6. People who think they need no reason
    7. People who think they need no reason, but think up mock reasons and want the world to believe in them
    8. Morons in charge
    9. Moronic bashing of any kind
    10. Completely average or low-level people who present their sorry musings as universal morality
    11. Here big number doesn't mean a low degree of annoyance: people with broken logics
    12. Teasers
    13. Including regulations typically touching private obligations into penal law
    14. Americans thinking they can judge anyone for anything done anywhere while their own citizens can only be judged in US no matter where the crime has been committed
    15. People summarising adversary's points in discussion in a way I tend to openly call lie and ask the bastards kindly to from now on quote me verbatim. Even more so people who just quote what they would expect/want me to say contrary to what I've really said.
    16. Watered down beer. Pub owners guilty of this crime should be whipped in public
    17. Also number 17 doesn't mean a low priority here: people deprived of manners and tactfulness
    18. People deprived of compassion
    19. Slash, especially in media
    20. Minorities demanding special protections and preferences placing them de facto in majority's conditions, completely breaking all principles of democracy they love to quote, here including reserving places in parliament for women most of all things or enforcing some minimal number of workers of a specified gender, race etc, also pression to include 'non-standard' options in a book or movie - if the author wants the characters to all be white heterosexual Christians let him the hell have them so and may the malcontents write a book themselves
    21. People who know better than I what I think, want to say etc.
    22. Mobbing of any kind. Feel free to flame me.
    23. Twisting and re-forming law to one's advantage over fellow citizens
    24. Monopolism
    25. Mental laziness
    26. Accusing without being ready to let the person defend himself
    27. Grammatically wrong use of 'they', 'them' etc in singular just of fear of sounding sexist
    28. Imposing extortionate prices and blocking/destroying competition instead of increasing the quality and actually applying some thinking to marketing strategy
    29. Cases similar to above 28 ones

That's about it for now.

2. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

1)my sister :almostmad:
    2)my brother :mad:
    3)rap music
    4)arrogant people
    5)hypocrytes
    6)liars
    7)very religious people
    8)superstitious people
    9)people who make mistakes(grammatical, spelling, syntax etc.)in their native language
    10)people who generalize
    11)people who judge you by your appearance
    12)people who mock/tease you
    13)people who read the first page of a book and then say they didn't like it
    14)narrow-minded people
    15)people who have done something bad and they don't admit it
    16)people who repeat others(say exactly what others say)
    17)school(and anything that has to do with it) :flaming:
    18)when they treat me like I'm a little child
    19)noise(of any type)

That's all... I think. :)

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] 1) People who treat others like they're a different spieces because they're disabled.

2) People who pity others because they are different.

3) Prejudice.

4) People who go on and on about something when they talk to you even though they know you aren't interested.

5) People who try to get you to do what they do, this includes religious groups, teachers, parents, friends, everyone really.

6) Running out of chocolate just when you'd really like some, actually, not just chocolate.

7) Writing a really long document then the computer crashing and losing it.

8) Being electrocuted.

9) People who consider others as though they are weird or creepy because they don't understand.

10) Being unable to talk.

11) Discrimination.

12) People that don't bother with anyone, including their own children.

13) Not having any freedom.

14) Being told you aren't allowed to do anything anymore 'in case' something happens.

15) People that need help then completely disregard it.

16) The Printer jamming.

17) Peopel that try to be around you all the time and do what you do.

18) People who spread rumours.

19) People who will be nasty about things they don't know about.

20) lists more than 20.

4. rastilin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

1) All of the above with the exception of dumb computer games (don't care).
    2) People who get annoyed by things that don't affect them.
    3) People who ignore other's needs.
    4) Parents who are'nt prepared to care for their children properly.
    5) Having to deal with those children afterwards (nutcases the lot of them).
    6) I REALLY despise idiots (there's no upper limit to a specific human's intelligence, IQ is only learning ability)

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    You know, when I look at some of the posts above, I have come to a conclusion:

The people in SP get on each other's nerves quite a lot, when you take some point of views people have expressed and compare them....

And yet we all get along and have a great community here.

*hugs everyone*

( :p )

[ May 04, 2003, 14:09: Message edited by: Arabwel ]

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I try not to hate people, but more as to accept them for the people they are..

For I have also accepted myself, and if I canĀ“t accept myself, how can I ever accept you?

7. Bulges Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Gosh, everyone has said all of the things I was going to say, so I won't repeat them over and over. But the one thing (well, two things that are related) that bug me more than anything else at all is people talking to me when it is obvious when I am trying to read. I don't mean important things like "What time is it" or "Your back is on fire", but things like "What is your favorite color" or "I like salami. Do you like salami?". Please people, if I didn't really want to read, I wouldn't be doing it.

The other thing is people expecting me to drop whatever it is I am doing that instant so I can do something for them.
    "Honey? Can you take out the trash?"
    "Be right there!"
    "NOOOO! Do it right now! I want it done NOW!"

That may be a little extreme, but you know what I mean.

8. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Powergamers
    Jocks
    Nerds
    Geeks
    Anyone under 13
    Anyone over 60
    People who adhere to pop culture because they have no personality
    Anyone who likes pop/rap/hip-hop/rnb music (I use the term 'music' loosely)
    People who break the law because its cool/convenient
    Sunday drivers
    Victorian drivers
    Old people drivers
    Politicians
    Many, many stand-up comedians (especially those on 'premium blend', some talked up American comedy show)
    People who are convinced that they know more than you, and their opinions actually matter
    People who attempt to make you abide by their opinions
    God lovers
    God haters
    The catholic church (I am a 'catholic' so don't complain about religious racism)
    New age 'punk-rock'
    People who have got their personality from a box of weetbix.
    Sell outs.

9. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Oh dear, somebody hates me

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Laetentur caeli! If so many people hate me on so wide a basis it means all my work brings results! :shake:

11. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I like the hugging approach.

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I take it quite a few people hate me them. Mainly Baezlebub :lol:

13. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31

The "Teenage Boys-Have Brains Or Not?" topic really annoys me :mad:

14. Volsung Gems: 14/31

Me too.
    Chevalier: Can you please translate what you're saying. If i spoke Greek, someone from Germany German, someone from Italy Italian and so on no- one would understand what we're saying.

15. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yes, that "Teenage Boys Thread".

I've long since ceased to find that thread worth responding to. Tal decided that instead of closing it, he'd let it die on its own. I don't think I would have done the same thing in his place, but it's his decision and I respect it.
    However, that thread just won't go away. It still seems a place where everybody loves to fling s*** in all kinds of directions, including each other, and less and less of it related to the question that started the thread in the first place.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.