1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What do you think of the LOTR movie?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by kemanmaldea, Aug 9, 2001.

1. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Preaty self explanitory what do you think of the new Lord of the Rings movies coming out.

Anyone interested can look at the web page at http://www.lordoftherings.net

They have a real player chanel where you can get alot of information. Fair warning I believe you need Flash to vew their site.

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] We had a bunch of topics about this. You can check the old posts. But in summary every sign is that these movies are going to rock!

3. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] /me prays silently
    Pleesee, mighty neutral gods, make the movie really really good wonderful and exciting...

Indeed, all signs point to yes. This movie's going to be as good as it gets.

4. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

i do believe voltric is correct. :D

5. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I really hope this movie will be good!

6. Alex Gems: 12/31

Veteran

[​IMG] LOL Take LotR and remove all the adjectives and you have a 5 page story. How in the name of hell are they gonna make a movie?! ROFL :D :D

7. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

Sorry I am still relativly new on the boards and normally forget to search for old topics.
    Alex: I cant agree with you there.
    Everyone but: I have to agree with you.

BTW howmany people have actually read all of the lotr books.

8. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31

After downloading the 11 megs of the first trailer and the 17 megs of the second one i have to say i will love it, i will love it...
    *jumps around enthusiasticly*

9. Voltric Gems: 19/31

First off I'd read all the LotR books, repeatedly, and many of the book about Middle Earth. What a world.

Alex, it's all part of J.R.R.'s writting style. I agree some parts do have a lot of description, but how is that a problem. Trust me the movie has lots of material to work with. Go check out the trailer at the LotR website. It will be an excellent movie. The best one out this years I suspect.

10. I've probably seen that trailer a thousand times now, and each time I get chills down my back....
    It's going to be a great movie, but every true LOTR fan will probably hate one or two things in each movie, even the director of the movie said this and by that it seems that he understands that it is no small task to make a movie out of a book that so many people have read and love

11. Voltric Gems: 19/31

Speaking of the director, Peter Jackson, have you seen his other work? Bad Taste, Dead Alive, Meet the Feabals. It's some wacked out stuff. Even sign is the LotR is going to be great, but Jackson is a screwed by guy.

12. Invoker Gems: 12/31

Although the movie does seem to be real nice, I don't have much enthusiasm for the storyline. I must say I didn't enjoy lotr much and finished reading the series out of pure willpower :p

I would much rather have a movie on Agarwaen's (Turin Turambar) story from Silmarillion & Book of Lost Tales. Or maybe dragonlance. Anyways seems like they've put much into this movie and it won't be a major disappointment for anyone of us methinks (watched the d&d movie ? :) )

13. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I am going to go see it as soon as it comes out!

It looks great from the previews.

14. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Voltric, yeah I'm a big Peter Jackson fan! When I found out he was directing the Rings, I knew it was going to be good. He makes messed up (I mean DEMENTED!) movies on a shoe-string budget, and he loves to use puppets and live props. Give that man a big budget, he's gonna make a really degenerate crazy movie.

To anyone that hasn't seen his previous movies, they're completely bizarre gore-fests for the most part (Meet the Feebles being the most bizarre movie EVER made).

Before seeing Lord of the Rings, I recommend that any normal people rent "Heavenly Creatures" (highly recommended, especially for fantasy fans) and any wierdos rent, "Dead Alive," "Bad Taste," or "Meet the Feebles" so you know what you're in for.

I still haven't seen 'the frighteners' anyone know if its good?

15. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

Sad to say but I havent seen any of Peter Jackson's other works and nor am I one to go out to the movies very often.

/prays movie will be good.

16. Voltric Gems: 19/31

ArtEChoke, is 'the frighteners' a new Peter Jackson film, I haven't seen or heard of it. Heavenly Creatures was was a more normal Jackson film, at least the only blood was from the one brick attack.

17. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Voltric, yes, the Frighteners is one of his newer movies, it came out sometime in the '90s, it was about a guy that communicates with ghosts, I believe that one was pretty mainstream as well.

Yes Heavenly Creatures was oriented towards a story more than gore, but I think its his most interesting story to date, and those wierd fantasy sequences were out there.

18. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The Frighteners was a pretty decent movie, not great but not an insult to the viewer.

It's Michael J. Fox as someone who can see ghosts and uses them to scam people as a ghostbuster(of course, the ghosts are his employees scaring people into his business). Then a big evil spirit goes haywire and things get messy.

19. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yeah this movie will be good! :)

I hope! :D

20. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

The movie will be good as movie but don't compare it with the book, you surely would be disappointed.

Secondly, it's a fantasy book. Fantasy is in your mind, not visible so the movie will not be what the book is. The movie will also be different from the book, the movie pays much more attention to the relationship of Arwen and Aragorn, and the book doesn't pay much attention to that. I'm gonna watch a great fantasy-movie bit it will not afflict my mind-view of LOTR, the book...

The new trailer of 33 mb is great. I can't wait till part one is in the Cinema!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.