1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

In a galaxy far, far away...

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Laches, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I saw this months ago but just was sent a new, great link to it.

This is horrifying, sad, incredibly cruel and I just love it. I give you, The Star Wars Kid:
    http://web.gwax.com/swk/

Just so you don't feel too bad for the kid:

http://www.waxy.org/archive/2003/05/13/finding_.shtml

And finally, Star Wars Kid reloaded, if this works:

http://www.guiltybysuspicion.dynu.com/chasemattews/SWKRELOADED.wmv

Edit - Fixed the clicky clicky.

[ July 02, 2003, 19:34: Message edited by: Laches ]

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I saw it last week and it is hilarious! I wish someone had made such a movie with me! :alien:

3. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

4. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Damn that's funny. :D

Some more over there.

5. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] HAHAHA!! Funny!! :D :grin:

6. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

That was literally LMAO, now that was funny!

7. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's actually gained quite a bit of popularity, certainly ensuring the kid will probably either kill himself or just bury his head in the dirt for the rest of his teens. :shake: Poor kid.

So popular in fact, that I saw it not on the net, but as a segment on the late-night TechTV Show "Unscrewed."

Question: If some high school kid was able to reproduce that light-saber effect with his school's camcorder, I'm assuming it must not be that hart. Does anyone else know how it's done? I've always wondered, and no Star Wars documentary I've ever seen talks about it. Haven't seen that many, but still. Anyone?

8. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

He didn't do the effects. The one with just a broom is what was recorded, when it went on the net someone else/group of people (more likely) added in the effects (and the star wars scrolling bit at the beginning of the jazzed up one).

9. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Some guy from Raven Software added the Star Wars effects.

10. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] LOL !!!

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Those movies are hilarious!!!!! My fav is SWK 2.0 and Dork Clones!!! That poor kid, I wonder how things are going for him?

Either way, I am still LMFAO!

12. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The third is the best... Star Wars kid Reloaded!

I LMAO! :lol:

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Aren't we all going to be little upset with ourselves when the kid turns into a mass-murderer from the rampant abuse he's taking? :rolleyes:

LMAO!!!! I haven't seen something that funny in a long time.

14. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] LOL
    This nearly killed me!
    :D

15. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

That guy is a genius, the puffy red face, the gradual breakdown of his control, his presicion moves. The guy looks like he is having a fit. It is quite beautiful.

16. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

LMAO!!!! Thats hilarious!!

17. Slappy Gems: 19/31

18. Dreads Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Admit it. Cruelty IS fun!

(Insert evil laughter here)

19. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Slappy, the lawsuit is really about the bullying (not just the release of the videotape itself, which in interviews Ghyslain seemed OK with) and the psychiatric hospital in which Ghyslain is now living. To be honest, I don't think it's a bad idea. Parents seem totally unwilling to try to control badly-behaved children these days and when a group of cruel kids systematically set out to ruin another kid's life - regardless of whether he's a pillock or not - it would be nice if fears of a lawsuit encouraged their parents to try to bring their little beasts in line. Parents do need to be held accountable for their children's behaviour, and if this is the only way, so be it.

Globe and Mail article

20. Laches Gems: 19/31

So, basically, "The Star Wars Kid Strikes Back?"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.