1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: POLL - Cats and Dogs and Other Critters

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Dogs all the way. The only time I've ever had a pet cat was when a pregnant one was dumped on the property I was living on and within a few days we had about 8 running around. Meanwhile I've had no less than 9 pet dogs and they have all ruled. Especially the last one who was always waiting at the door when I got home regardless of who else was in the house. And she never waited at the door for anyone else either. Plus she used to sleep curled up with me in bed.

The best pet anyone could ask for IMO.

2. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I went straight to here so I could skip a rant in Sarevok's thread. But I prefer cats, mainly cause i was raised by them-- i mean, with them...

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Obviously based on no real knowledge of cats. My cat is very affectionate but when she's hungry and not fed that's when she gets moody and a little noisy.

Also, one night when I was alone and had a horrible case of the stomach flu, I had to spend practically the whole night crouched over the toilet. Both of the cat's I had at the time spent the entire night with me, watching over me.

4. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Now, now. This just proves cats are stupid. They'll stay in the bathroom with you while you're suffering from some nasty... erm... well, let's just say it ran like a river eh?

Cats are only affectionate because they are after 'something' - often food. I have two cats myself and I know how demanding they are. One goes outside, in the rain, gets wet then rubs against me till I dry it with a towel. 5 minutes later it's back, wet again, and we go through the same procedure. Lazy bastard can't be bothered cleaning himself so he forces me to do it. If I don't he goes to sleep... ON MY PILLOW!

5. P4TRiQ Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I hate dogs.. They just **** evrywhere! Cats are fine..

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Cats are great :bigeyes: They do such daft stuff and despite being independent they can still be really affectionate :)

7. UsagiRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

All my cats, when ever I'm ill stay with me. During my first kidney stone attack (over 10 years ago), Snowy (cat) stayed with me and kept her paw on my leg. She was being a nurse.

The only dog I ever had, Jesse, well, he was interesting. He'd get so excited to see some one that he'd wet himself. And, even though he was a beagle \ terrier mix, he thought he was a horse and would gallop.

As for guinea pigs: I know they are rodents but they are soo cute. Even when they crunch their corn at three in the morning....

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I am very surprised by the latent dislike that people seem to have for dogs. Dogs are so cool. Just because they need a bit more work to train and walk doesn't make them any less cool. Dogs can hunt with you, fetch the newspaper for you, herd your sheep for you, track the trail of dangerous fugitives for you, help you find drugs, fight off burglars, and play catch with you.

If you are so keen to have a low-maintenance pet then get a budgie.

9. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] a dog is the closest thing to a teddybear with rechargable batteries...
    • it says noises and swing its tail around when petted and it loves and defends its family/master with all its life

A cat is the closest thing to Clint Eastwood...
    • A solitaire critter which socializes when it wants and hunts when needed.. or is it vice versa?

I can't choose... *sigh*

10. dman18 Gems: 9/31

Yes... *clasps fingers* yes they can...

But yea, dogs are pretty cool, they can do a lot of stuff cats can't, and vice versa. One time, we got some kittens from a friend who owned a dog, and these kittens had been born very recently prior to when my friend recieved them when their mother died. But that dog pretty much cared for them like a mother and the cats acted like dogs would years after we got them, it was hilarious. THey would drink out a toilet, play fetch with out us or our friends teaching them, and the funniest non-dog/non-cat thing they did, was after every time they ate out of their bowl, they would both put in a collective effort to sweep any dropped food back near the bowl, it was uncanny.

11. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

One of my two cats fetches about everything I throw in his direction, but he's not completely sane... :spin:

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Dogs. My cat's really *****y. She refuses to be picked up or be patted, and is only nice when she wants food. When she wants to get out she rips holes in the flyscreen until someone opens the door for her.

13. Neriana Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Miniature giant space hamsters!

Actually, cats. I'm living with 2 at the moment, and I really don't get why anyone would think they're not affectionate. Obviously some people have known some very f****d up cats. I like dogs, but they're too high maintenance. Actually, I tend to like non-human animals better than people. But I can't stand pet birds.

14. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31

IMHO, cats are the least to maintain. They're predators originally, just domesticated now. And they are so cute and cuddly!!! But, I went for liking all animals, because I really do. :D

15. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] RATS!

Why?

Because: RATS LIVE ON NO EVIL STAR

(front and back!)

16. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I love it when my cat serves me my breakfast, still warm with a weak heartbeat and half its fur. I suddenly have to think of Death Rabbit... or rather Dead Rabbit.

17. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I don't have a cat or a dog.
    *shrugs*

I have a pony! My phat pony beats cats and dogs any day ;)

No, really I lvoe all animals, at least I maintain that I do, rodents, reptiles, cats, dogs, etc.

18. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Keep your pony at a save distance, my cat loves pony-meat!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.